Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 18:27:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Sometimes, its better to sit back and watch. Started by: Squishy on Jun 29, '09 19:51

I like to think of the userbase here and on jaundies as a community of friends. Because of this, often when I see an injustice - it gets to me. I would like to think this is a good quality, but sometimes it comes back to bite you in the ass.

On the 27th, a member of our community Skorpeon got into a car accident, ejected out the window, fucked up his back, arm, and was in a coma for an hour and had surgery.

When I went to look up his user name so that I can send a mail wishing him a speedy recovery, I was suprised to see how fast the recovery was. He was already doing petties and drug deals on his home IP.

The next day after his surgery, he was already in physical therapy to get back to full health. Not suprised, he was already doing petties and drug deals on his work IP.

When someone went to call the hospital he was at to get in touch with him to check on his wellbeing, they were shocked to find out that he wasn't a patient there.

After looking at the above, I called shenanigans on this. I hate to stand by and watch fellow friends get their emotions toyed with.

Well, shortly after this, I quickly put my foot in my mouth. It appears I was wrong.

Luckily, the hospital is so close to his house that he was able to get a wireless connection to his house immediately coming out of his coma.

Also, the rehabilitation center is also so close to his work, that he was able to get a wireless connection through his work.

Also, he had a very good reason why the charge nurse did not know who he was at the hospital. (IzzyCC) Mt Auburn Hospital doenst even have your name there :/ (Skorpeon) you called? (IzzyCC) someone else did (Skorpeon) who (IzzyCC) someone (IzzyCC) its not imoprtant (Skorpeon) thats pretty fucked up.. to be honest... (Skorpeon) i knew that was going to happen (Skorpeon) so obv, i didnt give you the right place (Skorpeon) i wanted to see if it would happen

So as you can clearly see from the above, I have been mistaken. I will take this opportunity to take a further step away from the users affairs.

I apologize for trying to protect the abuse of the feelings of our userbase, but sometimes, that is not the right thing to do. From now on, I will leave it up to each of you to handle your own affairs. Jimmy has a ferrari. Bobbie has a 17" penis. Mary has brain cancer. And they all need your attention and/or pitty.

Its best if you just make up your own minds. Use your own judgements. And if you fall victim to someone who takes advantage of you. Then so be it.

Report Post Tip

Reminds me of my second wife....

Report Post Tip

you forgot to say that I am in big debts and need donation money.

Thanks Izzy for Caring, you did the right thing and I don't think you have to SIT BACK AND WATCH, you're like the mentor of this big MR Family and did the right thing.

please accept my regards and some flowers but please pay for them by yourself coz as stated above I am in great debts and couldn't afford to buy them.

PS: was just kidding about the debts part.

Archangel

Report Post Tip

Sucks that people have such a sucky life they need to fake their own death and later a near deah accident to get some attention and take advantage of someone elses feelings to make themselves feel better.

One word for people like Skorpeon - Worthless.

Report Post Tip

With all this unhappiness going on at the moment, I would like to brighten things up a little.

I am now formally announcing my engagement to Chris Pine, the actor.

Nothing but your 'congratulations' are necessary. But... if you feel the need to send gifts or money donations, please contact me and I'll get you my personal information.

Report Post Tip

A disappointing and disheartening situation. We can rarely understand exactly why people act the way they do, and the idealist in me was and is hopeful that a satisfying explanation could be given. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. I don't see how it helps anyone in the slightest to bash this person in a public forum, other than to either vent their righteous anger or feel better about themselves. Personally I don't see the value in that- so I'll just say thank you to Izzy for making people aware of this, and hope this sort of thing doesn't crop up again for a long, long time.

Report Post Tip

It is not a good idea to let yourself get so wrapped up in the lives of the other people on this game that you let their actions affect your emotions in real life. This is just a game. It should be nothing more than a hobby for those who play it. It should not be a substitute for a social life, where you find your friends and nurture the need for human contact. This is my opinion from a mental health point of view.

From a game-enhancement point of view, it is also better not to be involved with the other players. Several people argue whether or not IRC is an extension of the game. I have to fucking laugh at this. IRC is not an extension of the game. THE GAME IS AN EXTENSION OF IRC! Just look at the associations and interactions. It's all based on OOC relationships. This game would be so much better if we interacted as our characters rather than our real identities. I don't know which is worse...that Skorpeon would pull a stunt like this, or that anyone would give a shit that he did it.

There are many good reasons why I avoid IRC. I don't want to be part of the sickness that is so evident with many around here. I also don't want to be part of the fucking drama, such as what we see here in this situation. For the love of God, just play the damn game. Don't worry about what happens in the lives of people you do not really know and will probably never meet. It boggles my mind that so many here would be willing to let strangers on the internet become so deeply involved in their lives.

Report Post Tip

Who the hell is Chris Pine?

Report Post Tip

My fiance. You may know him better as Captain James T. Kirk in the new Star Trek movie.

Report Post Tip

I really don't think I would.

Does he juggle or anything? Maybe I saw him on Star Search.

Report Post Tip

So this guys real life is effected by his pretend life so much, that he starts looking for real pretend sympathy. He then uses his pretend real life accident to effect my pretend game life by getting messages sent to me about going and posting real life good wishes...which I did in a prophetic sort of way:

Here's to a speedy and complete recovery! Reply by: Deuce_Bigalo at Jun 27, '09 22:40

Mysterious ways I tell ya.

Report Post Tip

When one door shuts another door opens. When one life is taken (or faked) from us, another is given.

I know you have all heard the rumors and they are true!

Premeir got me pregnant! I know, I know, I really thought it was true also - that two people of different genders could JUST BE FRIENDS - but it's not. Things happen, all over the place, in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the sink. Sleeping that is, gosh, get your heads out of the gutter!

Any donations are welcome - we all know diapers are expensive!

We have a picture for proof to all you non believers!

http://www.mehwhatever.com/profile/pics/69365907786b5e93bfb2__1246298878000.jpeg

Report Post Tip

Wow Skorp, you have gone to a all new low. I heard about this supposedly accident  on the IRC so I like not possible. Man you shouldn't do stupid and immuatre shit like that. Every once in a while we hit a major speedbump in life but you don't lie about them. People like Ant,Draven,Fridge,Sat,and a few more know my current situation and been right there beside me  They know I would lie about the issue but you seriously fucked up. I have nothing to say to you any longer Skorp.

Report Post Tip

a small correction change "They know I would lie about the issue but you seriously fucked up. I have nothing to say to you any longer Skorp." To "They know I wouldn't lie about the issue but you seriously fucked up. I have nothing to say to you any longer Skorp."

sorry about that little issue

Report Post Tip

Despite my disapproval of Skorpeon's behavior, I don't see why this is an issue that has to be brought to our attention. If he was in fact at home, then no one was logging in on his behalf and he didn't break any of the game's rules. I agree with your decision to allow us to make our own judgments from hence forth, because unless the problem relates to the game, why does it matter if someone wants to be a complete douche by lying to everyone?

Report Post Tip

This is the first I've heard of this pish...the beauties of not being on IRC these days I suppose. Whilst it is sad that Skorpeon would go to this extent, I tend to agree with FP. Beyond a few "good friends", when I hear about other MR players and their daily lives, it goes in one ear(eye) and out the other.

Even now, I am struggling to come out of impartiality. Am I feeling the general mock outrage that Skorpeon's done this? No. Do I love immersing myself in the misplaced sense of drama caused by this little episode? No.

If anything, I find it quite disturbing that someone called the hospital to check this story out. Seriously? You found the time in your day to call the hospital to check on an internet user/MR player? Bizarre. Who gives a...

Back to Izzy's opening post - I don't mean this on a personal level at all, it's always acknowledged that Izzy does a great job and puts in a lot of time, but I think anything that encourages a step back from the players is to be applauded. The level of admin interaction with the players is the one thing I've never enjoyed on MR, players need to be left to their own devices. The fine line between IRC personas and in-game characters is hard enough to negate, but players thinking the game owners are their best friends has always done my nut in.

Report Post Tip

<blockquote>If anything, I find it quite disturbing that someone called the hospital to check this story out. Seriously? You found the time in your day to call the hospital to check on an internet user/MR player? Bizarre. Who gives a...</blockquote>

In fairness mate, if you were in Hospital, I'd be looking to send you a sly bottle of whisky and some painkillers to gee you up (were it such a serious situation as skorp claimed). If I did that, I'd probably ring the Hospital and find out your ward etc so it would be a nice surprise. If I rang up and found out the whole thing was a sham, I'd be gutted...and fucking incensed.

Therefore, I can see why Skorpeon's closest friends are really pissed off at this. I would be too. My closest friends here, I consider them to be 'real life' friends as opposed to just online aquaintances, even if I haven't met them...and to find out someone I trusted was lying to me in such a heinous manner would massively upset me.

But, I don't really see why everyone else is getting on their high horse about it. If you didn't really know Skorp anyway...why does it bother you so much that he's a liar?

"LOOK AT THIS GUY MAKING SHIT UP!"

"Who is he?"

"I DUNNO BUT JEEZ WHAT A MASSIVE CUNT!"

Like I say, if you were close to skorpeon, trusted him and considered him a friend, I could understand your outrage. Otherwise, you're getting your knickers in a twist about someone lying about a life you didn't know anything about anyway....what does that say about you?

Report Post Tip

Nice blockquote. Good game good game.

Report Post Tip

What an asshat he is.

Report Post Tip

I fail to see the need for this to be brought to our attention; I'm struggling to care about the entire issue.

I would imagine if I bothered to investigate half the claims and stories that people choose to inform me of, I would quickly discover they are embellished or more likely completely false.

What is more worrying to me is a continued perceived necessity for this to be shown to the entire game. His account was not impacted by this at all and neither was anyone else's.

I would imagine this has flown around IRC like every other preceding piece of #divinelunacy tittle-tattle. Why it couldn't have stayed there is beyond me.

Something that should warrant attention however was; "I will take this opportunity to take a further step away from the users affairs" but frankly I don't believe that either.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Sometimes, its better to sit back and watch.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL