Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:04
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Chicago Restoration Plan Started by: Sidious on Jun 30, '09 00:11

Sidious walks out of his new North Side headquarters to see a group of eager mobsters gathering to hear what he has to say in regards to the rebuilding efforts in Chicago. As he is about to speak, a thought enters his mind: This is my kind of town, Chicago is My kind of town, Chicago is My kind of people too People who smile at you He begins to think this would be the makings of a great song, but quickly forgets about the idea once he realizes he isn't much of a songwriter or musician.

I come before you today with news from Chicago, The Windy City. My first 24 hours in Chicago have really inspired me and my family, and I'd like to share some of the ideas and plans The Darkside has for restoring this town and once again making it a great place to visit in this world of ours.

Before I get to these things though, I'd like to take this opportunity to once again thank Don Odd for giving me the opportunity to oversee this fine city, as well as Godfathers ThomasRourke and Premier, and Godmothers Marietta and Aurora for their support of me in this endeavor. I am honored, and quite humbled by your faith in me to take on this task, and I shall do my best make you proud of the work my family does here.

Now, on to some of the changes you'll see in Chicago, which is the real reason you've all come here today. Here it is, folks, The Chicago Restoration Plan.

Chicago is now a 100% pick-pocket friendly city. If you come here, expect someone to try and do everything in their power to steal your hard earned cash. Despite our differences, we're all the same: mobsters trying to make a buck. We will not field disputes from people who have money stolen from them in Chicago, so make sure not to carry lots of cash on you while you're here if you don't want to lose it. Upon entering the city, you become fair game for thieves.

If you plan on setting up a business here in Chicago, you must first have it approved by my Business Director, Logan-Black. Upon contacting him, you will receive a business application to fill out, giving us a bit more information about what you plan on doing. We want to see that you're committed to making your new business thrive, so you should be doing your best to impress us. One of my favorite things about our world is the business districts, so I take great pride in making sure you have quality places to frequent when you come to Chicago.

To set this in motion, I have opened up a Chicago version of The Darkside Tavern this evening, and will once again be giving away 1 million dollars to a lucky visitor as well as other prizes to patrons. There will be more details about this giveaway and some of our expectations for businesses in Chicago in the coming days by my Business Director. The 1 million dollar giveaway contest is open though as of right now, so anyone who comes to The Darkside Tavern and makes a purchase is eligible for the grand prize.

Another idea I've come up with for the city is something I'm taking from some of my family journals, in particular my great grandfather who once ran a family in Los Angeles many years ago. He would frequently fill the jails, and invite anyone in the city to take part in a jail breaking session, so everyone could hone the skills necessary to become a good jail breaker.

That said, I'd like to introduce to you The Chicago Crackdown Challenge. These challenges will be announced in the streets so everyone knows when they will be taking place, and we'll try to give everyone a few hours notice in case you plan on stopping by. The way this will work is very simple: We'll fill the jails, and you'll go crazy breaking mobsters out. To add a challenge, each night we'll provide the name of one of our family members who will also be filling the jails, and the person who can free that individual the most times, will receive a $50,000 cash prize. Upon completion of the challenge, our jail filler will send us their personals so we can determine the winner. I've always found that jail breaking builds comradery among people, and providing a venue for people to do such is what Chicago strives to do.

Lastly, I'd like to announce that The Darkside is in the beginning stages of planning for what we'd like to call: The Windy City Carnival. This will be a week long series of contests, prizes, and fun for everyone in the seven cities which will be hosted by Chicago. We already have come up with some really great events for the carnival, and look forward to unveiling these things in the very near future. I'd love to give you more details, but you'll just have to wait a bit longer to see what this is all about.

I know many of your bloodlines hold Chicago very near and dear to your heart, and I can only hope some of the things I have shared with you today do justice to this wonderful city. I will do my best to give back to the city of Chicago, and am committed to providing you all with a city that you're proud to come and do business in. I look forward to seeing many of you here in the very near future.

Chicago is once again open for business.

Sidious turns and heads back into his headquarters to continue putting the final touches on the Chicago Restoration Plan

Report Post Tip

Very good start for Chicago, now we have another city that fun to visit :)

Report Post Tip

(Logan-Black stands listening to His Boss with a proud and eager smile. After Sidious finishes His speech and readys to go back, Logan nods to His and turns to the crowd that had gathered.)

"For those of you who I have not met, I am Logan-Black, and I hope I can live up to the great responsibility that Sidious has bestowed upon Me. I will be runnung the Chicago version of the Darkside Tavern, as well as taking some of the load off the Boss and helping with the Philly one as well. Also, as Sidious stated, contact Me if you have a legitimate idea or plan for a Chicago business and I will send you an application form to fill out. I look forward to meeting many of you and hearing many great idea's. Lets all work together to re-build this town. Thank you all for listening."

(With that Logan tips His hat to the crowd and heads back to start working on the Business Plan for Chicago.)

Report Post Tip

It's great to see Chicago being built back up again. My bloodline got their start in that city, so it's nice to see someone put work into it once again.

Report Post Tip

DonDaniel stand up on a empty box turn facing the crowd and shout

3 hip hip hora for the Boss and Logan

Hip Hip

Report Post Tip

Alfie walk down the streets with some grocery on his hand and heard Sidious talking about rebuilding Chicago to its glory and got excited

I'm Happy for your plan for Windy City, I love that City more than myself. My whole bloodline came from that very streets. So thank you for making it get back its glory. I hope I can do anything to help her rebuild like you did.

Report Post Tip

I wish you guys all the luck in the world and look foward to the changes

Report Post Tip

This is a pleasant surprise Mr Sidious, and I have a level of newfound respect for you and your ideas (on top of the respect naturally gained with the leadership status). Excellent ideas and I look forward to seeing it all in action. I'll certainly be taking a part in your Chicago activities.

Once again, kudos.

Report Post Tip

Good to see an excellent start for a most excellent city.

Report Post Tip

Like I've said before, I so do love Chicago.  And these changes you are instituting can only make the city bettter.  I look forward to visiting your fine city, and to participating in many of the upcoming events. 

Report Post Tip

I wish you luck with all of your endeavors, and I hope you can make Chicago prosper.

--->Warren

Report Post Tip

Telkin walks up to the gathering and smiles, the Windy City once more had something to offer him

Sidious, oh-dark-one, the newly changed rules of your fine city have led me once more into the streets of Chicago. Last time my ancestors visited the city it was one in the midst of turmoil and chaos, only now do I once more feel comfortable entering Chicago. Although my pockets may become a tad bit lighter from time to time, I am glad to say that one of my next flights will be into Chicago, not only to get in peoples pants' but also to see the changes made within the business district.

Telkin tips his hat and walks away already foreseeing the terror he was intending to bring upon the unfortunate pockets of people in Chicago

Report Post Tip

Hershey smiles as he listens to sideous

I think this city is well on its way to getting back on its feet.  Good work, Sideous, and good luck in the future.

Report Post Tip

Good luck to you with this plan. With a bloodline that originates from Chicago i would truly like to see Chicago returned to its former glory. I look forward to seeing this plan in action.

Report Post Tip

I wish you success in your plans to make Chicago prosperous once again.

Report Post Tip

Wise desicions sir and a very good Start to your new City, Good luck with your plans and as my blood line was from Chicago, I'd be very happy to see the city rise and improve again.

Report Post Tip

I wish you and your comrades the best of luck Sidious. I trust that you will do everything in your power to make Chicago the best that it can be.

Report Post Tip

Very Nice start to your new city Sidious. I can't wait to be around in Chicago more often :)

DK shakes Sidious's hand.

Report Post Tip

Rourke walks up next to Death-Knight and nods approvingly.

Clearly the city of Chicago has been left in very good hands! I have some plans for a business in Chicago and I will be more than happy to speak with you and your associates shortly. Good luck in your endeavors!

Report Post Tip

Thank you all for all the kind words and support.

I'd just like to announce that there has been a change in business protocol in Chicago, as I have removed Logan-Black from his role of business advisor.

Please send any business proposals directly to me, and we can further discuss your ideas for setting up an establishment in Chicago.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Chicago Restoration Plan
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL