Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:05
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Who promoted THAT guy to Made Man? Started by: Odd on Jul 05, '09 12:03

Walking down the street just behind and to the right of you, Odd begins to speak to you.  You can't see him, but you know hes there, he always seems to keep JUST out of your view, you catch a glimpse out of your peripheral and turn your head to see...just to find no one. He remains just out of your direct line of sight.

"Over the last few days, you may have noticed a few SPIRIT members in the obits section of  your favorite newspaper. I'm not one to air dirty laundry, especially if its my own brown stained britches...but I will give up names."

"Having said that, I am in need of venting and I have chosen you to listen, if you would prefer not to listen, by all means lower your head, bear the wind that just began and lift your collar to the rain that strangely just started and keep walkin."

"Great, your still with me...Whats that?"

"Oh! yes...strange how the wind and rain just stopped..."

"Back to my venting...although some of the Odd deaths were part of a cleansing process...well actually, I suppose all of them were. I think I heard once upon a time that this process is called 'gene pool cleansing'....So true.

"Don't get me wrong a few of those that were 'cleaned' were just dead weight...non-responsive boobs that were just taking up space in my HQ that could be filled by hard working business men and women. This happens. This doesn't bother me."

"What does bother me is when I have to take care of kids. No where on my resume does it say "babysitter". I feel like that's all I am sometimes. I think that I have required more than the average person requires to attain a made status in my family, I have this requirement so I can find out who is here to work hard for me and their family, versus those that are here for more selfish reasons. Granted I know that its nearly impossible to know what someone will do later on down the road, but it still bugs me that I spent my effort to "make" these members.A rich Wise Guy with no tributes will never get made in my family...that reeks selfish loose cannon."

"You may have noticed that there were some higher ranked members that also perished in recent days from my ranks. I'm sure the majority of you don't care...and you really shouldn't, but I am venting here! gimme a break!...anyway, what possesses people to do what they do? What motivates them? I tell you one thing, I can think of a TON of better things to do with 7 million bucks. I got news for you out there if you are thinking about putting a hit up on someone...the folks that could actually hit that shot and actually wanted to, would probably have done it for a quarter... but you want to make a statement, I get it..."

"Here is something that I don't get though...why would you put all that effort into getting Made in my family just to throw it away shooting at some Goomba in another family...an Earner that you have NO chance to hit...this all from a member that apparently was having plans 'take out Odd and Family' before he passed away.... Really? How does one, if you know, take out ANYONE with one or two kills, which by the way one was required by me, amongst other requirements, before pushing his button."

I had one made man, ask me for a loan.a loan!?..of course this was a made member that was made in a different family, that I picked up after the war...do you see how nice I am? This guy asked me for a loan...a made member, that was very poor and never donated, not once...asked me for a loan... I didnt' get mad though. I smiled and said simply 'no'...can you believe this guy replied to me with "Well, fuck you then!" ... Can you believe that? "

"I guess the previous examples is indictive of even the most strict requirements can get the occasional idiot through. If we made something idiot proof, God would make a better idiot... he is, after all God I suppose..."

"Maybe I should require a full back ground check and have my best history people research each members liniage...But I really don't want to do that, I try to be unbias when it comes to that, by not asking who everyones pappy was, keeps my judgement from being clouded with a members pappy's problems. With each new name a family line gets a new chance."

"I guess people I bring into my family, when I think I am doing the right thing by giving them shelter, going out of my way to save them from getting killed, maybe I should just demote those from made man, I shouldn't assume that because they are made men that they should understand how I run a family and what my expectations are, even though I tell them and had them understand my rules when they got here."

"Sure, like I said before, you can't know what everyone is going to do at every second, and sure, you will get the extenuating circumstance where someone you trust betrays you. I guess what you have to do is suck it up, put a bullet in their head, make an example out of them and move on..."

Report Post Tip

lol

Report Post Tip

keep up the work

Report Post Tip

Very insightful reply...

From a made man no less, although I am afraid you should try to be more ArtistiC in your responses in the future

Report Post Tip

What happen is a true shame. Unfortunately we never no the mind's of those we our leading. Some want glory, others revenge and some they just loose focus at that precise moment and after they realize they just screwed up. Your a well known leader and some of your members choose to follow you because they trust and /or respected you; others joined because of friends. You also had some that are learning these street. You sir must continue doing what your doing. Run your family the way you see fit, those that leave forgetaboutit. One day they may change or even become Don's themselves and then they will see the issues of leadership and will respect those that lead before them and as history shows the day that they fall they well return and if they have gained any wisdom they will so respect and loyalty. You reached the top by your efforts, your family as grown. Keep your own standards and let what falls off, fall.

Report Post Tip

Victor, my man, I thank you for your words.

you're right too, sometimes you just have to let life run its course...there will be bumps along the way.

I guess its a good thing I have a great community to listen to me whine about it, huh?

Odd snickers a bit, then nods in appreciation

Report Post Tip

Shaking his head Absolut clears his throat.

I've always personally believed if you pick up anyone made man or above after a war they should be demoted to wise guy and have to prove themself to me just like they did their leader before.

Throwing away their life over shooting a goomba seems all to common. I remember reading back through some journal entries and finding that my grandfather even shot someone and died... he was a leader. Sometimes rage get's the best of people but the difference is now you have to learn how to avoid those events from occuring. I simply am not allowed in the coffee shops and it works to my advantage. Yes getting information back and fourth can be slow, but it get's there.

As for the wise guys with all the cash, what do you need it for? Bodyguards? Drugs? Flights? I don't think it's any of these personally. I have no bodyguards, but I donate when ever I have more than $125,000 for drugs and never have more than that and it's strictly for drugs. Flights are cheap as is.

Don Odd, my best advice I can give you is to keep molding young mafiosi and there will always be those bad apples. Don't get disgruntle over them because it'll happen no matter how hard you try. Just maybe look into each individual more and you might find your own answers and know what to expect.

Lighting up a cigarette Absolut notions to Odd offering him a cigarette.

Report Post Tip

Odd denies the offer for the cigarette

"No thanks, I don't smoke..."

Smoke start to come out of Odd's ears.

"...much.

Hey, I agree, growing up I donated every dime I could. Never asked for a loan...started with just $500, to my name...and I built it into an empire. I never asked for a thing, busted my ass for my Boss was rewarded for it.

As a leader, I am a tough cuss, but I think I am fair...do what you are supposed to and be a part of the family, I will reward you.

These bad apples won't ruin it for the good, and I realise my rewards are small, but those that receive them have to keep in mind i give these rewards to all of my members...it adds up.

Thanks, Absolut, for contributing to the discussion, its good know others share my train of thought.

Report Post Tip

Ehh shut the fuck up and grow some balls Odd nobody likes you and your going to die a painful death soon :P

Report Post Tip

"Nothing irks me more than someone I have invested my trust and time in suddenly goes and creates waves between mine and other families by shooting at those they agreed not to when joining me. Although only one of my members have decided to take this course of action it made me question my judgement and as such I have become rather cautious when promoting anyone now."

Report Post Tip

You think your the fucken godfather of the city, but you know your not and never will be, and if somethiing ever happends I hope your "captins" leave you to die a painful death like how you betrayed Jimmy, nobody likes you, your alone the only reason your so call Captins are with you is so when you get the big revolver up your ass they can take your place and have a real leader in philly.

that is all

Report Post Tip

Jun 13, '09 11:06 Anonymous Odd $7,500,000 Unfathomable Dishonor (Get Auth) (Buy off)

Only time will tell :D

Report Post Tip

dgafgf, your lack of respect for Don Odd makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

you come here and insult The Don for supposedly 'betraying' Godfather Lionheart. Which Don Odd did not do in the first place. From what i remember at the time, Godfather Lionheart completely understood Don Odd's reasons for staying out of that awful and bloody war as Did the Godfathers and leaders of other cities.

In my opinion i believe you should learn what you are talking about and have some Goddamn Respect it's people like you who give Mafioso bad names.

Report Post Tip

<em>Walks up to where Odd is standing and spits on shoes</em>

Thats what I think about fucken backstabbers.

Don't you just love how a hit of 7 million dollars is on your head right now.

Ahh makes me sleep well at night =]

Report Post Tip

You too? It's like my security blanket!

Hey, tell your pop and his pop and his pop, oh and tell your next of kin...which I am sure will follow in your foot steps, Thanks!

Yes, thats right, tell them thanks...you see its people like you that are helping make my aim better. you are responsible for helping me make my shot better!

It's ALMOST like having someone of a higher power make people for me to kill! the only difference is...your an idiot and I'm not asking for it.

Report Post Tip

nobody likes you, your alone the only reason your so call Captins are with you is so when you get the big revolver up your ass they can take your place and have a real leader in philly.

I think Odd is a fairly swell guy.

I'm sorry this has caused the validity of your argument to be now called into question, but I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, "New Civilians Complaining About Life At Large!," whenever you get around to publishing it.

Report Post Tip

Thanks Rourke! I like you too! however....I think you are way to good looking, do you think you could get uglier? I'm trying to pick up chicks, and with you around...well....it just never happens...

Report Post Tip

Ooh could i subscribe to "New Civilians Complaining About Life At Large!," please. it sounds pretty good and Rourke likes it so...

And yes Rourke please get uglier. You don't know how depressing it is seeing you having Sex with everyone with a Rourke name. Especially Scipita.

Report Post Tip

You don't know how depressing it is seeing you having Sex with everyone with a Rourke name. Especially Scipita.

For those of you who don't find it depressing, or those who do but wish to indulge their sadist tendencies, Rourke Enterprises Inc. are selling this, and many other top quality films, at knock down prices.

(Disclaimer: No Rourkes were hurt in the making of these videos, except of course for Rourke himself.. which is fine)

As for Mr. Odd... I do find him a touch odd, but wouldn't it be odd for Odd not to be odd?, but in general a top notch feller. How his decision to come out here and discuss internal matters in a way that the public at large might benefit from the lessons, for which I thank him *tips his cap*, has turned into an episode of "I'm a civilian, get me out of here... and into the obits asap!" is beyond me... but when we're talking of Odd, you have to expect the unexpected.

Report Post Tip

Don Deimne, I agree....I am odd...and Odd... I expect things would be different if I were strange..and Strange...
but then that would be fun...or Fun, for that matter... hmm, I think I am going cross-eyed...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Who promoted THAT guy to Made Man?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL