Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:04:33
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Canadian Bacon Started by: Reason on Jun 13, '15 02:40

After Reason's many hard years at work and saving up money, he finally finished his childhood dream: a Canadian restaurant bringing Canadian originated food or food only exclusive in Canada. He pushed the final chair to the table on his right and stared at what he just accomplished. The restaurant's walls were made of logs and the ceiling was painted in a dark red as to wake the customer's crave for food and to represent Canada's flag color. The tables were also made of wood and the chairs too, with padding on the back seating portion of these seats to make it a comfortable and enjoyable dining experience. There were also benches that were padded to please other types of customers. TVs were placed on the walls displaying hockey matches and during the summer, football matches. The register counter had the cash register along with menus, special promotions and a couple of items to be purchased and brought home. Reason took a menu from the counter and looked at it one last time before the opening of his restaurant.

Welcome to The Canadian Bacon! We will serve you with delight because of our good-hearted nature, AY!:

Entrées or side platters:

Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!: Many people laugh at us nice-hearted people for Canadian bacon. Did you know that regular bacon also comes from this country?  Each piece----1$--Canadian bacon---2$ each slice

Ketchup chips: Yes, this is what it sounds like. No, it isn’t chips dipped in ketchup just like BBQ chips weren’t dipped in it either. Sorry, if we offended you. 1 bag----3$

Mc Cain fries: Fries cut from delicious Prince Edward Island potatoes and made by the Mc Cain farmer’s company!------5$

Main Dishes:

(All dishes served with either and entrée or a dessert)

Poutine: Homemade fries with cheese curds and a special gravy sauce. Quebec's best plate!---------------Full plate- 12$-----Half of a plate- 8.50$

Tourtière: A meat pie that most Canadians eat during Christmas. If you’re from Quebec, maybe all year long! --------12$

British-Columbia Salmon: British-Columbia is famous for their salmon. A lot of salmon comes imported from this province.------ 8$

Moose steak: Here in Canada we have many moose. This meat, one of the most tender and juicy steaks, that is mostly available during summer and autumn, is a favorite among us nice people. Topped with spices and either BBQ sauce or our home sauce, this is a plate you won’t regret!--Served with fries. ------------10$

Nova Scotia Lobster: The name says it all: a succulent lobster fresh from Nova Scotia. Topped with a creamy sauce or butter, this is one yummy plate for your tummy.-----------14$

Kraft Dinner: Surprised? Yes, this food is originated in Canada. Pasta with melted cheese. Great for the kids. ------------ Full plate-10$------Half plate-6$

Smoked Meat: Montreal, famous for their smoked meat, is crazy for this. This is smoked meat between two rye bread with mustard alongside with a coleslaw salad and P.E.I potatoes or Mc Cain’s fries. (Can switch to a quarter plate of poutine for 1$extra). -------13.50$

Sushi pizza: This is a debatable plate because many people say it came from Toronto, Ontario and others, California. Although, people are more likely to bend over to Toronto. This pizza is what it sounds like. 10”----9$--12”------10$--14”-----11$

Pancakes: No, this doesn’t come from Canada. You know what is though? The rich quality of maple syrup on the pancakes. Can’t beat our maple syrup! 5 pancakes. -----7$ (Served with orange juice, grape, apple or water.)

Desserts:

Butter tarts!: Dating back to the 1600s, these are made with syrup, egg, butter and sugar. We can top it with raisins, pecans, chocolate or extra syrup. We’re nice like that!-----Each tart is 1.50$

Nanaimo Bars: Wafer-crumb base with a chocolate layer sandwiches custard to make this a delicious desert.-------Each bar is 1$

Beaver tails: Crunchy pastry that is shaped like a beaver tail. We fry it and top it chocolate, bananas, berries, syrup, whipped cream, jam or ice cream. Did I mention that these are fried? ------4$- extra toppings-1$

Sugar pie: Well, it’s in the title! -4$

Pouding Chomeur: This is a light, fluffy delicious cake, kind of like angel cake, but better, doused in maple syrup. Yes, we love our maple syrup.--4$

Saskatoon berry pie: Double crusted pie filled with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and more.-3.50$

Drinks:

Juice: Orange, grape, apple. -2$

Coffee: Nothing fancy, this isn’t a bed and breakfast. Sorry. Deeply sorry. -3$

Beer:

CoorsLight-2$ a can.

Budweiser-2$ a can

Molson- 4$ a glass. (Real popular!)

Promotions and special events will be given a notice. Upon these, there might be changes in the menu, Ay.

Come dine with us at The Canadian Bacon! Foods originated from Canada were made here and ingredients imported from various provinces and territories in Canada as to provide the finest quality foods. Thanks for eating here, Ay!

Report Post Tip

Antonio comes walking from around the corner, a stack of cash in one hand and his cigar in the other. He could use a good meal, he hasn't eaten since yesterday and has some disposable income.

Antonio looks up to a sign that reads "The Canadian Bacon".

"Well damn, Canadians in the states."

Antonio flicks his cigar off into the street, it rolls into a gutter. He puts his money in his pocket and opens the door to this establishment he has come by.

As Antonio opens the door the smell of bacon floods his nostrils.

"Alright! No weird beaver dishes...to my knowledge."

The sound of his shoes are head as Antonio makes his way to a table

"Nice chairs, let's see what they have on menu here..."

Briefly skimming the menu Antonio quickly figures out what he wants.

"Hey! If I could get some service around here!"

Antonio places his menu down and goes into his coat pocket to retrieve a cigarette and his lighter.

Report Post Tip

Honesty was spending his day at his restaurant as it was its first day. When he noticed a man walk in and look around, he quickly found one of his waiters, dressed in a red shirt and white jeans to go serve this potential customer. Roberto rushed over to the customer, being a little clumsy at first since it was his first day at job. All the people working at The Canadian Bacon had to be Canadian in order to live up to standards. 

"I'm so sorry for my delay, sir. So sorry, Ay. I see you've made your choice. May I take your order if it please the sir? If it doesn't, I'm so sorry, ay."

Report Post Tip

Antonio lights his cigarette and tucks away his lighter.

"I'll have myself a Moose Steak and a Coffee. Make sure that steak is well done and the coffee is black."

Antonio slides his menu towards Reason as he takes a drag from his cigarette. He blows the smoke up towards the ceiling.

"Didn't know you were a Canuck, Reason. You got an ash tray? I don't want to ruin this nice floor you got here."

Antonio leans back and relaxes in his chair.

Report Post Tip

Sneakysnakey, having just gotten back from a business trip to Toronto, realized he didn't have anything to eat while he was there. The deal made him good money, but he had a busy day. On route to his favorite Italian market he saw a sign for a Canadian restaurant.

"Ah, Canada. You always did have perfect timing."

Sneakysnakey decides he's in the mood for poutine and head through the door, finding himself a quiet table and sitting down.

Loking around at the atmosphere, he quite likes it. It makes him remember his trips to Quebec as a youngling, but without phoning it in. Just the right touches in just the right places. 

"Garçon, when you have a minute, I'd like a menu and an ashtray s'il te plait."

Report Post Tip

Rodrigo the waiter looked @AntonioBrevetti, smoking. When he asked for an ashtray, he kindly said: 

"Of course, no problem, sir."

Just before he went away to fetch the ashtray, he jotted down his order on a notepad he took out. Moose steak-well done and Coffee-black.

He left to the kitchen, placed the order on the counter for the cook, and walked down in a room to get the ashtray. Once he found it, he walked back to the man sitting in the chair and gave it to him. "I have placed your order and here is your ashtray, ay. It will be done in about ten minutes. Will you like a newspaper for the wait?"

Report Post Tip

Reason saw that the waiter, Rodrigo, was busy with another customer for the time being. He did recognize Sneakysnakey and decided to go towards him to not keep customers waiting. This was his new business, his first on in fact, and Reason wanted to do the best job he could. He took a menu and went down to Sneaky. 

"Here you go, sir. Oh, I forgot your ashtray! Sorry."

Reason rushed back to the room that Rodrigo went earlier and got the ashtray.

"Man, maybe getting another waiter is a good idea. I won't be here for long"

Reason walked back to Sneaky and gave him the ashtray, excusing himself again.

"I will leave you to it, sir. Just signal me or Rodrigo when you are ready."

Reason walked back to the kitchen smelling the already cooking moose steak.

Report Post Tip

Antonio drops a few ashes in the ashtray and takes another drag.

"Yeah sure, I'll have a newspaper."

Antonio retrieves a $5 bill from his pocket and stuffs it in the waiters pocket

"Keep it, you deserve it. You're working pretty hard there."

Antonio takes another drag of his cigarette and continues leaning back in his chair.

Report Post Tip

From the corner of his eye, Reason saw the 5$ bill tucked into the waiter's pocket. When Rodrigo came back to where he got the ashtray to get the newspaper, Reason went to him, blocking the door and looked at him. 

"Nice tip you've got there" Rodrigo was a little bit nervous since he had no idea if Reason wanted his money or if he were in trouble or what. "Keep it up and you'll get more." Reason walked back to the kitchen and then back to Rodrigo, now with the latest paper in his hand. 

"The food is ready." 

Rodrigo went to the kitchen and got the steak dish with the coffee pot and a mug on all a platter with the news paper in his other hand. He walked over to Antonio_Brevetti and handed him the newspaper first and then with both hands, took the platter and set it down on the table, taking each item off. He tucked the platter under his arm and poured the coffee in the mug. 

"There you go, sir. Moose steak, well done, tender and juicy topped with our finest spices with a side of fries and coffee that is strong. I hope everything is to your taste, sir. If you need anything while you eat, just signal me over and I'll come."

Report Post Tip

Antonio drops more ashes into the ashtray.

"That's a good waiter you got that, look like he's working pretty hard."

Antonio picks up the coffee and takes a sip

"Thank you for the newspaper and the good service."

Antonio places the coffee cup on the table, picks up the newspaper and reads a few lines. News about all the death in the streets isn't the happiest but news is news to him.

As he places the newspaper down on the table he grabs his fork and knife. Antonio starts cutting into the moose steak with ease, He cuts a sizable piece from the steak and starts eating.

"This is also some great steak, I'll let you know if I need anything, thanks."

Antonio thoroughly enjoys his breakfast.

Report Post Tip

"Oh mon Dieu, Reason? Its odd to see you dealing in more legitimate business practices."

After a short hello, he hands Sneakysnakey his ashtray and a menu, and tells him to give a shout when he's ready.

After receiving the ashtray, he lights a cigar from his travel case, and looks over the menu filled with some of his favorite foods. After seeing the rest of what is offered, he feels less like Poutine, and more like trying something a little more high class.

"Ooo, smoked meat" He said to himself. "But I also feel like lobster."

After a minute of thinking and muttering to himself, he made up his mind.

"When you can, would you throw a moose steak on the grill for me, Reason? And maybe some salmon, too? Yeah, salmon too.

And a Molson. No hurry, I know you've got other people to wait on."

Sneaky puts his menu down on the table and continues smoking, enjoying his surroundings and reminiscing of the days when meals like this were an everyday thing, and not a specialty. He was glad he stopped in.

Report Post Tip

Antonio finishes the last bite of his steak and turns to his coffee which is still warm.

"Best damn steak I've had in a while."

Antonio looks over to another table and notices Sneakysnakey

"Good to know the family is supporting Reason's business, nice to see you Sneaky"

Antonio sits in his chair and enjoys his coffee. He hasn't had the opportunity to sit down and relax in a long while.

"These are some good waiter you got here Reason! Not a single complaint from me."

Antonio takes a drag from his cigarette, blows the smoke up towards the ceiling and takes a sip from his coffee.

He leans back in his chair again to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Report Post Tip

Reason was at the kitchen, talking to the cook. Apparently, the cook grew up in Toronto. He developed a passion for cooking when he took lessons in Culinarium. There, he learned how to cook local ingredients and, well, the basics of cooking. After that, Andrew went to The Healthy Butcher where he learned how to properly handle meet. He perfected the art of - Oh? Reason interrupted Andrew, gave him his apologies and told him that Sneakysnakey signaled him, letting him know he was ready to order. Reason looked around and saw that Rodrigo was busy serving another man. So, Reason walked off to Sneaky and Andrew cleaned his area, preparing for the next dish he would have to serve. Sneaky told him his order and Reason remembered it mentally. He went over to Andrew and told him the order and after that, Reason went over to the bar side. He took out a mug and poured the beer in. He walked back to Sneaky with a knife and cut the brew from the lip of the mug. 

"There you go, Molson beer. Your order will be ready in about 10 minutes. Is there anything else?"

Report Post Tip

Reason decided to sit down with Antonio_Brevetti for awhile. He also saw that Sneaky wasn't far from Reason so they can all talk together if they wanted to. Reason waved Rodrigo over to him and when he came over, Reason showed him the dirty dishes. Rodrigo picked them up and headed over to the kitchen where he put them down. He sat down on a chair and Reason waved at him again. When he came, Reason told him to sit down and talk. 

"So, how is everything, Antonio?"

Report Post Tip

Reason takes Sneakysnakeys order, and brings him a beer, cutting the head off the top. He asks if sneaky needs anything else.

"I'm good. Thanks." Sneaky says, sipping his beer and smoking his cigar.

He sees Reason return to the kitchen to put the knife away, and sit down at a table close to him. He's sitting down with another familiar face, Antonio_brevetti. Why, SneKy hadn't seen this many family members in one place in who knows how long, and there may be more coming, he thought.

He turns his chair to face his two friends, putting down his cigar and raising his hand.

"So, how's business been, Reason? Booming? Does this mean you'll be giving up your life of crime for a life of cooking? He said, jokingly.

"And how are you, Antonio? I don't get to see you often enough. Too bad our paths don't cross in a brothel, but maybe that for the best.

Oh, you had the steak? Was it as good as I think it will be?"

Report Post Tip

Antonio puts out his cigarette and finishes off the rest of his coffee.

"Well, this war ended with so much bloodshed. Our Leader is gone and now, at least to my knowledge, most of us are on our own. I'll be leaving the great city of Detroit. I wish you guys the best and hopefully our paths will cross again. Send me a letter if you want, I'm always around.

Antonio gets up from his seat and stretches.

"Oh, and the steak was wonderful. Top notch service here."

Antonio retrieves a $100 bill from his pocket and leaves it on the table. He heads for the entrance but before leaving he turns around

"Good luck with your business Reason, hope it brings you wealth."

With that, Antonio leaves the restaurant and heads for the nearest airport.

Report Post Tip

With Reason sitting at the table overhearing them both, he answered @Sneakysnakes's question. 

"It's still too early to know if it is or not because you are only my second customer, but I do believe it will boom into something marvelous. Right now, the building is small and we have two workers because it fulfills our needs for the time being. I do believe in my workers though and they will do just fine them two. Who knows, if it goes better than I expect it to, I might hire more workers. Also, nah, life of crime is still going as planned. Since this is a new business, I decided to stay in Detroit for a couple more days until I go back to Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas or Los Angeles for mor business opportunities." 

At the end of that sentence, Antonio got up of his chair and waved him goodbye. Reason wished him the best of luck in the future. After that, he turned to Sneaky again to talk to him more, but then realized that Sneaky's food was ready. 

"Rodrigo! Can you get this man's food, please?"

Reason had forgotten that Rodrigo was right by his side, listening to the conversation between to friends. 

"Pardon me, I totally forgot you were there!." 

Rodrigo got up and went to get Sneaky's food. He came back. mere seconds later with moose steak and Salmon with the side of fries that came with the moose steak. 

"Get him more beer too, will ya?"

Rodrigo went off and got the beer for Sneaky. When he came back, Reason told Rodrigo:

"Next time, when getting a Molson, make the brew go to the top, passing the lip of it and cut it off with a knife. That way there is more beer in it."

And with that, Sneaky dug in and Reason and he started talking again.

Report Post Tip

Sneaky put his mostly finished cigar down and ate like a starving man. Each bite reminding him of his old hunting trips, cooking fish or deer, or even elk on a fire. But moose was a first, and the steak outshone them, as did the salmon. 

"It's been a long time since I've had salmon like this." He said, between bites. "And I'll be damned if the steak isn't just as good."

He continued eating and drinking until it was gone. No scraps, no bits, all gone, and not a drop of Molson left.

"Thank you so much for being here. The food was spectacular, the kind you can't find south of the Great Lakes too often. And the beer was...

Well, it was good. I'm normally not one for soft liquor, but it was good. It's the only beer I'll drink."

Sneaky stacked his plates and made it easy to clean up, and called Reason to let him know he was leaving. 

"Reason, you made my day. If it's still open next time I come around, I'll stop in again, or go to anywhere you might open in any city. 

I think I owe you 20 something for the meal, but I'm not great at math, so here's a fifty. Split the change between you and Rodrigo, you've both earned it. I'll miss seeing you around town, and at family meeting and such, but I'm sure we'll see each other again."

And with that, Sneaky picked up his cigar and waved a goodbye to his friend, leaving a $50 on the table, under the ashtray.

Report Post Tip

Jaded had been lingering around Detroit doing some business here and there. It was late in the evening when her stomach began to grumble. Deciding that it would be time for her to find somewhere to eat she stumbled across The Canadian Bacon. It piqued her interest. She had never given much thought to the people outside of her city let alone outside of her country.

Well, she thought to herself, no better time to educate oneself like the present. So she opened the door and walked through. Allowing herself to adjust from the lights and the darkness outside.

She found herself a table and looked over the menu. When she noticed that someone was standing next to her she looked up.

"Good evening. May I get a poutine, and a glass of orange please?"

She smiled as she set the menu down on the table. Shoving her purse into her lap so that it would be out of the way and she wouldn't end up kicking it with her feet.

Report Post Tip

Reason was literally just about to leave the restaurant as he had something he needed to attend. Some business of utmost importance. Until he saw Jaded. 

"I have enough time to stay and chat with an old friend," he thought. 

Reason walked up to Jaded, right beside her, and she ordered her meal, without knowing Reason was right by her side. Reason called out to Rodrigo and he came out of the kitchen, where he was talking to the cook. 

"You know what, when this place is closed go buy a bell so that you can hear the customers when they come in. That's an order. I'll pay for it, don't worry, but I won't have enough time to go buy one. Anyways, the lady here ordered poutine and a glass of orange juice. If you can get to it now, it would be much appreciated."

Rodrigo went to the cook and told him the order and went to go fill a cup of orange juice, freshly squeezed. He came back with the ice-cold drink which formed condensation on the glass. 

"Here you go, ma'am. Freshly squeezed and cold. Enjoy. The poutine will be ready in a few."

Reason took a chair and sat down next to Jaded. 

"You look as beautiful as always. I heard you moved to Philadelphia. How's it going over there?"

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Canadian Bacon
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL