Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 23:39:03
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Rebuild mode. Started by: Squishy on Jul 05, '15 18:11

We are currently coding with estimated completion within the next 24 hours the following game change:

When there is less than a sitewide 15% availability in HQ available spaces, or less than 3 crews active for the job board, the site will temporarily enter into Rebuild Mode which turns all unsponsored active accounts under mademan into the equivalent of -4H accounts (No loss, or gain for the killing of it).  When the site has the open space and jobs available, then the site will shortly turn rebuild mode off.

This ensures those at the top do not turn into predators going for systematic wholesale killing of everything that moves because they are simply not sponsored.  This means that they will take shots that are necessary as opposed to just +1s.

In theory this should only really kick in after huge sitewide wars where there is very little left to house everyone.  This means that everyone who dies, dies for a reason other than a simple +1.  This also means that the administration is currently of the stance that will not be offering assistance financial or otherwise to rebuild, this act buys everyone time to do it on their own.

You will be able to see the status of rebuild mode on the Stats page to determine when it is active and when it is not.

Report Post Tip

Izzy shooting the lowers in this case and many others is not because we simply want +1's its because they keep coming back to pro our targets thus prolonging the war and causing us casualties.

If this is implemented than I would highly suggest that those stuck into the rebuild mode NOT be allowed to shoot (pro)

Report Post Tip

This doesnt change anything, you can still shoot them.  We are not limiting your ability to shoot them, so why should we limit their ability to shoot too?

Report Post Tip

Then that also changes the dynamics for when we get into war like this you are effectively hurting us when we cant get our lowers to pro us.

Report Post Tip

This doesnt change anything, you can still shoot them.  We are not limiting your ability to shoot them, so why should we limit their ability to shoot too?

ah okk so your just taking away the +1 to our guns? fair enough.

Report Post Tip

All this change does is unsure that times like this, that peopel are being killed for valid reasons, much like your example, a suspected proer.  You are still able to shoot them and kill them off, they receive no protection stopping them from being killed.  What this does is remove the reason to kill them if there is no other reason other than a +1.  If you think they are a proer, then you get the reward of removing a proer. 

Report Post Tip

Aye, if you had a 200 kill gun before the shot, after the shot you still just have a 200 kill gun.  No loss, no gain.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sounds fair enough lol.

Report Post Tip

Will inactive characters still count as +1?

Report Post Tip

Ahh yes, let me clarify that in the original post. 

Report Post Tip

i think the moment someone protected by rebuild mode uses their gun they should no longer be classified under rebuild mode thus making them a +1

Report Post Tip
Quick question, as much as I do love this idea. I think it ensures that in wars people aren't just dying for no reason such a new accounts etc.

Will the +1 thing and that be indicated on the users profiles much like it is now with the -4h / -1 Gangsters?
Report Post Tip
Agreed Liam_Neeson. I'd go as far to say as soon as the aquire a gun.
Report Post Tip
They can have a gun and not use it and be safe but the moment they train it in any way shape or form they should lose any protection
Report Post Tip

There... is no protection?  They are 100% killable.

Report Post Tip

by protection i mean tags

Report Post Tip

I don't think you should know who has done what. 

Report Post Tip

Will they have Like a rebuild tag like those who have -4h or -1 on their profile?

Report Post Tip

i think the moment someone protected by rebuild mode uses their gun they should no longer be classified under rebuild mode thus making them a +1

I second this.

If someone with the tag takes a potshot at someone, a clear indication of it by them losing that tag would be useful. (maybe not if they're simply returning fire from some nozzle shooting at them first)

We've got quite a few unsponsered being picked off for shits and giggles and it's easy for someone to claim that they were shooting, if they all have that tag.

Conversely, while our CLs (or mine, at least) are imploring their players not to smack the unsponsereds around, we had one take a random shot at me, then another player in another crew, he looks like a simple -4 in the obits... that just looks bad for whomever killed him, he looks just like the other unsponsered, who are genuinely just trying to hang on until they can get invites.

Report Post Tip

Can the time for Job coverage be reviewed for this feature? 

I feel 6 hours is such a tight window that the feature can go 'live' because most of the user base is asleep during these late hours of the night. Most people sleep ~8 hours a night and with 6 being the first time period for review, it hinders a vast majority of players because features can be disabled.

Anyway to look into changing the 6 hour period to 8 hours to prevent Rebuild from going live during these late night hours when not many sponsors are online to cover the job board?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Rebuild mode.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL