Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:49:08
Page:  1 
Sex, Thugs, and the Admin Team Started by: Anubis on Aug 04, '09 10:49

First off, I want to direct you to two posts in http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/63618 that thread.

Just a quick note before anyone jumps down my throat: I didn't read this thread, only the first 3 posts. Again, it's 4am and i'm tired.

Shottakaz or however it's spelled (again, tired, no disrespect) if someone has sent you a sexually explicit mobmail let one of the admin know. If it was unwarranted, then actions can be taken--initially it will probabley just lead to a request of that person to stop contacting you, but if that person happens to be a repeat offender I myself would admin wack them.

This game is a community, and as such we all need to do our part to keep it as fun as possible. If your actions are making other players uncomfortable in a real life sort of way, then those actions should be altered. Also keep in mind people that this is an all-ages game. Unless you know the person whom you are contacting, try considering the fact that that person may be in their young teens, and probably shouldn't be RPing sex with you.

If it was earlier, or I was less tired, i would write up a thread about this, but as of right now this will have to suffice. Reply by: Anubis at Aug 04, '09 03:48

and

1. Sexual Harassment is something that should be handle by the Administrators not by a crewleader.

Too right, it's against game rules. Not mob rules. When CL's preside over a group of murdering, thieving, blackmailing and extoring scum; I hardly think they'd be killing their men over sexual harrassment. For players to get involved in this is ridiculous; it is the issue of assistants to dea with issues which contravene the game rules. Reply by: Noah-Levenstein at Aug 04, '09 06:40

This couldn't be more true. I know most of us are adults, and I myself get caught making some...let's say over-the-line comments. It happens, and we know it does. We're human. But, what we all need to remember is that there ARE some kids that play this game. I'm sure you've met them. Hell some of them are excellent players. The problem is, we can't be having you randomly sending sexually explicit mobmails to them.

First and foremost this is a MAFIA GAME it is not Sex-R-Us, it is not F00k-Me-Gangster... It is MafiaReturns. You are mobsters. Mafioso. Mafiosa. Fucking Gangsters. The idea is to roleplay, yes, but the logical flow of this statment would lead me to believe that that roleplay is not supposed to be geared toward the sexually explicit, but rather MAFIA.

Now, I don't have any issue with two adults mobmailing in the privacy of their inbox back and forth in a sexually explicit roleplay. That's fine, great, do it up and have a grand ole time. But don't just randomly send someone a sexually explicit mobmail.

It's akin to sending them a picture of you nude.

Now, onto the subject of whom should punish offenders.

Crewleaders? Absolutely not. This is an issue that should be dealt with by heading over to the ever present smurf on the team, HelpDesk, and sending the entire admin team a message that way stating "So and So has sent me a sexually explicit mobmail that was unwarranted." We will verify, we will warn, or possibly even punish. And when we punish, punishing gets done.

I don't know about the rest of the admin team, I hope I speak for them, but stranger things have happened. But either way I love this game, and I want to see it stay safe and comfortable for those that play it. So keep your sex RPs. That's fine.

But there's a reason we wear clothes when we meet strangers.

Unless you're like Mario, and in a nudist colony.

Shudders

Just kidding...but try to get THAT image out of your head now...

Report Post Tip

Anubis I could not agree with you anymore.

If two consenting adults want to have a little fun in mail then hey go for it. The minute a child receives an unsolicited mail in a sexual nature....Its crossed the line.

These types of mails can cause more headaches for the admin team and the owners of the game than you think. It can lead to angry parents, it could even lead to law enforcement being involved should it be a constant thing. Although it may seem funny and unlikely, We don't need to see one of our users on How to catch a predator.

We don't need the extra headaches and neither do you as users.

Rest assured though before any admin kills based on messages, will be investigated before actions are taken in case we have some trying to abuse it to have people killed.

If you are not sure of a message then please come to one of us.

Report Post Tip

I am highly pleased at having been quoted. Ty for this pleasant surprise

Report Post Tip

You did mess up 'deal' though.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Thanks for ruining my moment there.

Report Post Tip

hehehe! You've got me there pal...

Report Post Tip

Bravo, Tallien. Bravo.

Report Post Tip

Agree'd, goes without saying.

Report Post Tip

Actually, though I understand your logic I have one thing that comes to mind.

Sexual harashment is obviously disrespectfull, but you can see this 2 ways.

Being disrespectull / pissed of and going for sexual harashment remarks or Just making sexualharashment remarks.

If for example I piss off (this all hypothetical) a person in my family and I get a flow of disrepect over me which is sexually tinted I would like to feel free to take care of this myself, simply because the "disrespectfull" part is for me priority in that case.

Would the gods have a problem with this?

Report Post Tip

The thing with Sexual harassment is this: If it doesn't bother you to a point that you want to complain, then it's not harassment. But, if you're bothered by the sexual comments,actions, or whatever else of other players, that is the job of the admins not the players.

In the situation you're talking about, Scipita, that is entirely up to you as to how you deal with that. If you are bothered more by the disrespect then the sexual comments, then it doesn't seem to me that it is a sexual harassment matter.

But, if a person in your family is recieving unwanted sexually flavored messages in their mobmail box, and they bring it to you, you should forward that to the admins, as that is a sexual harassment problem, and it can lead to a person being banned.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for clearing that up, it's all clear now for me !

Report Post Tip

Reading this just makes me want to touch you all over and play with myself! hahahahah

Report Post Tip

Sexual comments are not befiting of most respectful mafioso. Should never come out of a family heads mouth either. Just not good for business.

Report Post Tip

Haha everyone needs lovin(; even the Rourkey's nans

Report Post Tip

that was wierd

Report Post Tip

Is that go for my choir boys to ? :)

Report Post Tip

kan i j01n ur s3x kr3w?

Report Post Tip

ye guys, stop cybing

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Sex, Thugs, and the Admin Team
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL