Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Mafia 3 Started by: Slade-Wilson on Aug 05, '15 17:32

Mafia 3 is coming out about damn time lol

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzslobrNSxY

Some gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6enkC6lF0E

Starts at 1:50

Can't wait it's set in the late 60's in New Orleans and you play as a Vietnam veteran The music, cars, and fashion is awesome

Report Post Tip

mafia 2 was nice. This one seem legit.

Report Post Tip

Only thing I don't like is it has too many explosions

Report Post Tip

Oh my god I just jizzed I loved Mafia 2 and the fact that the third one takes place in my home town <3 can't wait!

Report Post Tip
What's wrong with explosions? :P
Report Post Tip

It makes it look like a Michael bay movie :P

lol but really too many explosions not my thing but I still like it

Can't wait til it comes out

Report Post Tip

I loved the trailer. But then again, I loved Mafia II's trailer too and that game disappointed. It seems to me they're doing a multi-protagonist thing so I just hope this isn't some GTA V clone.

Report Post Tip

Nope it's just one protagonist

Report Post Tip

Yeah I just read that the black dude is the only protagonist. I remember there was an insider report some time ago with descriptions of three characters.

Btw, is that Vito Scaletta at the 3:11 mark?

Report Post Tip
Rumor has it the old guy is vito
Report Post Tip

Mafia 3 looks awesome! it will defo be a must buy

Report Post Tip

I hear there is gonna be EMPIRE BUILDING IN THE GAME!!!!!!

We haven't had empire building in games in YEARS!!!!

Report Post Tip

Godfather 2 was the last empire builder.. and I didn't much like then engine it used.

Report Post Tip

I apologize for bumping, but I really wanted to express my opinion on this so-called "Mafia" sequel. The franchise has specifically been about poor Italian Americans who, stumbling upon hard times, are forced into La Cosa Nostra's criminal underworld. Whether the stories properly portrayed that is a topic for another discussion. With that being said...who in their marketing team thought it was a good idea to make civil rights the centerfold? Why the half black protagonist whose name and background are reminiscent of a character from Tropic Thunder? I also understand the driving force behind the plot involves a blood vendetta against the American Mob. The main character essentially kills people out of bloodlust, which is a first for the series.

Put all of this together and I don't know what it means, but damn if they aren't alienating their fanbase.

Report Post Tip

Richard_Palmieri, I think it's a great choice to make a story with something new in it, rather than the typical already played out "a young guy rises up the ranks of the Italian mob" story. And let's face it, the world doesn't really need another work depicting the Italian mob. I feel like that part of organized crime has been portrayed to death while there are many other factions and groups that are just as interesting if not more yet haven't been depicted in the media nearly as much.

Report Post Tip

@ Padrino

Alright, fair enough. Things could use a change of venue and 60s New Orleans should be unique. You still get that nostalgia except vehicles perform far better than before. Personally I liked the weight of the 30s-50s cars. We'll see what they do in III, but doesn't this feel like a mainstream push? When looking back at the original, I see zero resemblance. Even the gameplay appears dumbed down into "arcade" style driving and combat. I think I speak for a lot of people in saying we bought into the Mafia universe from day one, because developers put their own personal stamp on things. This game could very well reach box office sales and pave the way for a fourth installment, but honestly it's hard not to be skeptical with what's been presented thus far.

Report Post Tip
Richard_Palmieri

Games always evolve. I see very little resemblance between GTA V and GTA III, not to mention SR IV and SR 1. I'd like if they added a little sandbox rather than keep it a straight up 3PS.
Report Post Tip

padrino true games change and evolve but when the title of your game is mafia and your series has been synonymous with the Italian american mob I mean cmoooon lol maybe a name change is in order at this point. There are so many avenues and ways you can take a Italian mafia game that has yet to be explored your right the "a young guy rises up the ranks of the Italian mob" has been played out to death but there's so many other scenarios and situations from real mafia history to draw on as well unique things to try idk I would I fall in the disappointed camp as well I guess.

Report Post Tip

Campaigns of real life scenarios would be cool as hell to be able to play.

Report Post Tip

Sereno, that would be awesome imo. Imagine a game where you play as a gangster who goes through many historical Mafia stuff, like Castellammarese war and the Apalachin meeting, among others.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Mafia 3
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL