Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 12:56:10
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
1% Mug Wack Back. BOOM Started by: Pops on Aug 21, '15 17:27

How do we feel about a 1% chance of being wacked when attempting to mug someone who is made+ when you are not made+.

To stay true to mob mentality, a non-made member should NOT lay his hands on a made member.
Unfortunately, this is generally not a case, as there are individuals who think the rank of made+ does not really warrant any benefits other than the ability to commit Organized Crimes and what not.

I think it's realistic that if you're attempting to mug someone and beat them to near death, that they might infact pull their gun out and take a shot if the mugger is not a made member.

I think this will be a way to add some more prestige to the made man rank and decrease the unrealistic scenario of someone who hasn't yet earned their button beating up and laying hands on an "untouchable" made guy.

FBI Agent Joseph Pistone (Donnie Brasco) spoke of a moment while he was undercover when he was being vetted by two guys who thought he was a cop/fed. 
At the end of the vetting, Pistone punched one of the guys and began to punch him repeatedly while he was on the floor.
The other guy then starts punching Pistone, but Pistone did not dare hit the guy punching him. The guy punching him was made, the guy on the floor was not. He stated the importance of this action.

1) He didn't just take being called a fed as though it was nothing. When it was over, he made it clear he was unhappy with the accusations.

2) He made sure to not lay a hand on the made guy. This showed that he was "from the neigherhood" and knew the rules of how things go.

Report Post Tip

You're absolutely correct. Historically, a nonmember putting hands on a made guy equaled death. A perfect example would be Paul Gulino, an associate of the Bath Avenue Crew. He pushed Anthony Spero in the heat of an argument, and Paul knew he screwed up. That's why he immediately went into hiding afterwards. But even that couldn't save him because it would be Paul's own friends who carried out the order. Keep in mind this was in the 90's. Now imagine how reckless mugging a button man in the 30's would be...Yea, exactly.

With that said, I think it should strictly be roleplay-enforced. It does give the victim a message saying who mugged him/her right? So all that's needed is a short discussion with leadership, and then they deal with it. If one crew has a certain policy that's more lenient, I don't see a problem. Everybody knows the stakes by being in the crew.

Report Post Tip

I think this shouldn't be a ''forced'' decision made by game mechanics and a %,  but rather a decision of the Made Man getting mugged.

Report Post Tip

Sovereign, that wouldn't be possible.
If the Made Man gets mugged, then later decides fuck that, and shoots the person, that's not a struggle during the mugging. At the end, it's also a successful mug, even if it leads to death.

This is a chance of dying when you physically attack a person, which can happen during a conflict. The mugging attempt is failed and with a 1% chance of death. 

Report Post Tip

I don't see the harm in this suggestion. It would make lower ranked members think twice about mugging a made man, which should be the case anyway. And if it's just a 1% then a death from it would be rare enough to not hurt everyday gameplay.

I understand the role-play enforcement too yet I don't think this suggestion would interfere with how cities currently rule regarding PP/Mugging disputes. They simply state either respect one's profile or they don't want to have anything to do with any disputes. 99% of the time this would still be the same.

Report Post Tip

Izzy would be dead set against this. As he has said before, when you pick a players pocket, you give permission to be mugged on three separate occasions, when you PP, when you don't bank and when you don't fly. if you get mugged, its your own choice to be mugged. Ultimately, if you wanna wack an associate for mugging you, a mademan, then that is you decision to make.

Report Post Tip

Buffy, but that isn't your decision to make. If you wack someone who is in a crew, you're going to violate EVERY RULE SET BY EVERY CREW LEADER.

You can still PP.
You can still mug.

If a made+ wants to mug a made+, even though it's still putting your hands on a made guy, it's still a bit more realistic in some senses, as long as you're not putting the guy in a coma.

However, for an associate to put his hands on a made guy... that associate would pretty much NEVER become made, let alone lucky to live.

As a PPer, you're risk of PPing is to be mugged. But what is the risk of being mugged? There needs to be a risk set there as well.

If the council of leaders came together and agreed that a person ranked below made shouldn't be allowed to mug someone above the rank of made, then sure.

Also, to go on with your point, why are earners not allowed to wack consiglieres without auth?
We should get rid of that so every earner with a 150 kill gun can go around dropping high ranking mafioso that don't have any BGs outside their home city. 

Report Post Tip

I am all for this suggestion! Never would a petty thug put hands on a made man, but we don't live in that world anymore and these things do happen! 

Report Post Tip

I am going to echo Buffy here. There is no need to implement this. It is perfectly fine the way it is.

Report Post Tip
"Izzy would be dead set against this."

I think you'll find dear old Squishy takes our opinions into things far more than you think. If enough people were to give their positive input on this, I could very easily see it being a thing.

As it were, I think this is a fucking phenomenal idea. It's been pointed out a few times already; both historically accurate and it also brings a larger sense of realism (something we're losing rampantly) to this place.
Report Post Tip
I'm against this. If a Made+ has a problem with being mugged, he should bank his money. If he's still mugged and has a problem with it, he should do something about it, not rely on game mechanics.
Report Post Tip

When I was fresh off the boat (back in early January... yes I'm a noob), I ran into this same situation. I was pickpocketed by someone above me. I bitched and moaned until my CL came to me and explained the situation. In the end a pp is just that, and the amount of money you make from it isn't that much to warrant my anger. I learned a valuable lesson that day; Don't take things so seriously. I think that should be taught to people. A PP isn't as much of a 'disrespect' as it is a fun way of training up a skill. Regardless of our profile statements, people are going to pickpocket. If people want to mug back and cause a chain of events that could lead to a death, so be it, but that's their decision. I never mug back, unless its a joke and the person I do it to knows that.

It's apart of the game, and I think it's silly to take it so seriously.

Report Post Tip

Pops, it is still your decision to make, regardless of the rules. The decision as to whether or not to obey the rules is your decision. The rules do not prevent you from doing something, merely counsel you not too. For instance, i could shoot you right now. Would I die? All most certainly yes, but the decision to shoot you would still be mine. As long as you are happy to take the risks and pay the price, you are free to do anything you wish.

Don't get me wrong, I have argued in the past that it should be harder or impossible for an Associate to mug 'a friend of ours', I've suggested that BGs should be taken into account as well, in my mind the most unrealistic thing is a Don who is IWP being beat down by a lowly Gangster whilst 175 people look on and do nothing to protect the person who employs them. Izzy's argument has always been the same JaxTeller, you PP you give the person permission to mug you, end of story.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure two friends who fuck around and pp/mug each other want one to end up dead.  The game forcing it on you I think is a tad aggressive, I would be OK with offering a bonus to your wack skills on someone who just PP'd/Mugged you for X minutes.  This way its optional?

Report Post Tip

Sounds good to me Squishy, that way it doesn't take the decision out of the players hands.

Report Post Tip
Don't you see people taking advantage of that though someone's friend making an account to just pp their friends so the other person can shoot them and get more wack stat then others. I just see some thing like that getting abused by someone.
Report Post Tip

Rita_Hayworth,

Allow me to introduce you to ADS, Asshat Detection System. https://mafiareturns.com/izzy/ADS.jpg Basically, it finds people who make target accounts just like you are describing.  Sometimes it results in being warned, admin killed, but more commonly the kills silently get removed.  There is also the other safe guard that I don't think many CLs would like their member to have blood on their hand too often because of PP/Mugs.  It's just bad business.

So if we did go this route, there are plenty of checks and balances to ensure that its not abused.

Report Post Tip

PP me so I can mug you Squishy!

Report Post Tip

Falcon, heh I'm fairly sure the code stops you from mugging me... but.. im not confident enough to risk 2 billion :)

Report Post Tip

I just want to clarify, is this potential bonus for X amount of minutes going to go towards both the person who was pickpocketed and the one who was mugged?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: 1% Mug Wack Back. BOOM
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL