Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 09:38:38
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Tips from Googlez Started by: Googlez on Aug 29, '09 22:27

Hello folks. I am Googlez. Most of you don't know me... and frankly, that's a good thing. If you're good at what you do, you shouldn't be visible anyways.

I have decided to grace the streets with some tips. Once a day (hopefully), I'll be able to offer a tip, story, or answer any questions.. to make you.. all that you can.. steal.

Let's start off with a moral question.

Now this isn't one of those.. open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer.. There is a right answer, and there sure as hell tons of stupid answers that we'll all get to hear from you guys.

You're doing a bank job. Lets day.. there's 4 of you guys.

Frankie, Paulie, Tony, and ... well. fuck, Gilroy.

You guys, somehow by the grace of God, manage to get the job done, however, Gilroy -- the dumb fuck, doesn't make it. He's dead. The rest of you however, meet up at the safe hosue, with 400k large.

Do you... split it 3 ways, or do you give Gilroys family his cut of the profit?

Now think real hard about this one... we take care of our own. Wouldn't you want your mother, wife, kids, taken care of?

Do you give his family the cut, or do you split it amongst yourself... Thats another 33,333 for each of you if you keep your mouth closed.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

myrddin thinks about it for a brief second before answering

I'd give it to the family. No question about it. 

Report Post Tip

Vaniz one smiles and says

Family

Report Post Tip

James walks up to the conversation and listens intently, thinking for awhile and lighting a cigar before answering.

I would keep the money. It was known beforehand that there was a chance of dying, everyone accepted that before doing the deed. In this thing of ours, there are really only two things to look out for- yourself, and YOUR family. It's hard enough to do those things well, let alone worry about covering others' asses.

James nods his head slowly, blowing smoke rings up into the night sky. Shaking Googlez hand, he sits on the curb next to him and waits for others to share their opinions

Report Post Tip

I thought i would give a reply but there are a few details that have been left out...

Are these four men members of the mob or are they just some street thugs looking to stick it to the man...

If they are street thugs then of course they are gonna split it between themselves... they are out to make a buck and thats all that matters.

However, If they are all members of the mafia, ( and i am assuming of the same family )then yes and no is my answer. allow me to explain.

They wouldn't necessarily give the whole split to the family, but the family would be informed and taken care of.

So its not exactly the cut and dry answer you were looking for but given the two bits of information, they are the rational and more followed outcomes.

Report Post Tip

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Not only would I give the share back to the family, but take a chunk out of my own share if I was one of the men and split that too for failing to keep everyone alive to help Gilroy's family out further.

I know, terrible answer.

Report Post Tip

How do you know Gilroy isn't Italian :p HE COULD BE

Report Post Tip

Draven ponders the current question.

I have to say without a doubt I would give it to their family. I would only hope someone would do the same for mine if I fell.

She shrugs just before walking back off into the streets.

Report Post Tip

Wrong wrong wrong.. Pyscho,  you are half right. Your answer was the most.... acceptable.

We are not gangbangers. We are.... who we are. We are organized. We have rules, We have guidelines, We have expectations.

Even our soldiers know our code. The family is take care of.... This does NOT mean to give them his "cut".

A dead body means lots of questions. Questions is the one thing you want to stay clear from. If you give the family money, they now have a problem, and you now have a problem. The less the family knows, the safer everyone is.

But, the family still has to be taken care of. Their bills need to be paid. They don't need a lavish life style, but they need to be able to get by.

But even that is not the correct answer.

Frankie, Paulie, Tony... and Gilroy. Why the fuck are you associating with Gilroy? An out-sider. Sure, you can do business with him, but to bring him in as an equal? Stick with your own kind. He's not part of your family. He might be an associate, but a job of that measure... I wouldn't bring him in.

Also, Gilroy has a family. He shouldn't be engaged in anything of this stature. Something as dangerous as a bank job is for the young, the ones without others that count on them. You shouldn't be working with a family man. There is just too much to deal with.

So the answer is, this job should never have happened with Gilroy.

Report Post Tip

You didnt say gilroy was an outsider though

Report Post Tip

Gilroy... Gilroy... You really think a friend of ours would be called fucking Gilroy?

Report Post Tip

so you're gonna support the family forever? I doubt that. Pay the family the money thats owed to them and move on. If you dont, the family will become complasant and rely on you to support them always.

Report Post Tip

I would Wanned the money to my family,  If it was me who was killed,..  But,   I would have kept it  IF he got him self killed,  In any stupidety,   Like firering  on the cops, instead for running and shit like that,..

BUT if he shoot at the cops,  To save Us all,  I would have give his family a little more then hes cut,.... 

Report Post Tip

Simple, duude.

Kill the other two as well and take all 400K

The End

Report Post Tip

After careful thought, Googlez is right. Everything was explained in that story. My own fault was not paying attention to the details. Well done.

Report Post Tip

Comes in on two possibilities.

1. You're right, nobody with a family shoudl be on a bank job, or even a jail break. You're married, you settled down, and you stick to extortion and drugs. You run the front business.

2. If Gilroy WAS a family member, then we give his cut to whoever can be trusted to see to the family's needs. Probably his next male family member who knows how to not be stupid with the money and takes care of the family.

3. If Gilroy wasn't family, then why did we bring him in? If he was this desperate, we sure as hell would have picked a simpler job for him (running numbers, brewing gin, what have you) instead of bringing soem rookie mook on a bank job. Bank Jobs are for skilled robbers, and unless Gilroy used to weld vault doors together, I don't see why we'd pick an outsider for this kind of serious gig. In all fairness, if we needed him for special skills, and he wasn't family, we'll leave a decent amount to his family, but not for all the money in his cut. He knew the risk, and 10,000 should be more than enough in the 1930s to keep a family going for a few years until soemon'es odl enough to work.

Report Post Tip

HMM Gilory that name jus screams DONT TAKE HIM i kinda hate that name lol but your right you dont bring an outsider to score with another family your not suppoting them and has for has his wife put a temple to her bosses head and tell them to promote her =P

Report Post Tip

i would keep it if nobody knows about it

Report Post Tip

I agree with Hurley kill the other 2 but not when you get away do it at the bank but when you kill them make sure you put a few bullets in each of them so it doesn't look like someone walked up to them and shot them in their heads dnt even aim for their heads

And there you go you come home with 400k the Don asks where are the rest of the guys say "The cops gunned them down on our way to the truck"

Now 2 things can happen: The Don will either believe you and say oh well or

He will say thats bullshit and kill ur ass

Report Post Tip

If you  really want to seal the deal shoot yourself in the arm:)

I know im a schemer:)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tips from Googlez
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL