Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:44:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
OOC Bountyhunting (Eff them be4 they eff you) Started by: ThomasRourke on Sep 05, '09 19:35

Greetings everyone...

I'm here today to start a dialogue on a topic that I believe needs to be brought to light. I was sent a mail earlier by Aurora regarding the incident that happened today with the player known as Chuckie/Will/William DeSantis. The mail read that this player decided to take it on himself to HQ wack a Capo and demote several high rankers who had worked hard to achieve their status. Incidents like these, I think we can all agree, are universally sickening. Some can bring into question why a Thug was RHM to begin with, but sometimes, regardless of rank, people have motives for what they want to do that cannot be changed.

People like Chuckie, stjimmy, and busterman are all of such a character that they will always make it a point to ruin this game for as many people as they possibly can. These three have never been respected players, and for the most part I'm just tired of them. I know a lot of the folks within the game feel the same way, and I think it is time to protect ourselves from them. We are a community of people who may only have one thing in common, this game, and sometimes we need to protect that.

The game is the game... But when it is invaded by people with OOC misery to spread around it breaks the bubble we like to exist in. Nobody should feel threatened by the OOC motives of those people, and it's time to stand up for ourselves. Aurora sent a mail to all the city leaders earlier saying she would hunt down the next accounts Chuckie makes, and I agree with her not just on this, but with others who seek to cheaply submarine the work we all put in daily.

The big question I imagine this will raise is: Can this lead to other bloodline witchhunts? It could in theory, but I think we have enough people in the community that are reasonable enough to understand that while what some do might not be bannable by the Admins, it IS enough for us to police ourselves. I'm insulted daily by people who think I deserve it... I don't really care, that's the territory that comes with mastering any kind of hobby or craft. I don't care if you try to plot against me generationally, at least it is specified to just me. The people I'm speaking about are like grenade shrapnel, they will hurt as many of us for their own amusement as frequently as they can. Furthermore, I think we can all agree that there is a difference between someone who does something that can be irritating or hurtful and it is out of the ordinary compared to the people I've named who have showcased months upon months of idiocy.

I've already spoken to several people who have Godfather characters and they are 100% behind hunting these 3 people (stjimmy and busterman might be banned though, so if they are just disclude them) and keeping them away from the rest of us.

The vast majority of us shouldn't have to suffer at the hands of the few. So let's prevent these people from entering back into our community and being disruptive to any kind of role-played atmosphere that has been created. It's hard to cross-over into OOC and justify hunting people down within the game, but sadly, as was illustrated earlier today and yesterday, it is necessary.

As per the bounty mentioned in the title there? The tingly, good sensation you get when you do something positive for another person.

Thank you all.

Report Post Tip

I, for one am in complete support of this idea. Why? We are a group that follows no mans laws, accept our own.  Certain people like the three in question, have time and time again been given so many chances I can not count them all, but yet they shit on every chance they get and every person who gives them a chance.

Some refuse to be a normal member of society and just try to find ways to ruin everyone else's lifestyle.  People who can not be successful or who are just plan unlikeable do not deserve to be given chance after chance only to prove that we are right.

Solution? Don't give the people the chance to fuck up your hard work, I won't say the majority of you are stupid, but i am sure as a ham that if any of these three mailed you right now, you'd have no problem hiding their incog, feeding them cash  and helping them rank. Stupid on your part? Yes very much so, now that they are wanted men and women. We all know what happens when you go agaisnt godfather/mother's rules. Swift and violent actions are the only lessons you can give when some refuse to learn

There is no need to thank us, we're here to help ya'll.

Report Post Tip

I also agree with this proposition. There is, as stated above, as distinct difference between the people who plot against one party, and those who are out to destroy the community as a whole. I have not seen one instance in recent memory where stjimmy has not done something harmful towards one or more people. Why keep giving these people a chance to prove themselves, if they are going to throw it away with both hands every time they are given an opportunity?

There are only so many times that this can be put up with, and I think people are finally reaching that breaking point. Let's be rid of them and progress with out lives.

Report Post Tip

While I'm not a city head to add a significant weight to this topic, I have always tried to be a vocal member of the community. This topic is something that does effect all of us, whether some users are aware of it or not.

Many of us invest a lot into this game. Whether it's the time we put into our characters, our helping of new players for the good of the game or into building the friendships that make this game so special to all of us.

In a perfect world, the role play logic of each character being a new start is spot on. The logic and clear and unquestionable. However, on some it is lost. Actions are carried out that are undefendable and unforgivable, where no logic can be applied to them.

When actions are taken that have no aim other than to hurt users, hurt the game and generally mess up this game we care for.. actions can and will be taken. This isn't an everyday situation. The events and actions which have led to this are extreme, which is why they require and justify this stance.

Report Post Tip

Treat it like a girlfriend that you WANT to leave you. You know make her life a living hell until she stops coming around? Sometimes its better to make it HER idea to leave... This way you don't get bricks through the windshield of you car again! It really is the best course of action for some people... I guess some people just don't do well in public...

Report Post Tip

Let's kill everyone else, too.

Report Post Tip

Let's kill everyone else, too.

Can we start with Rourke please?

Report Post Tip

being fairly new to the game, Ive never inacted with any of the characters in question. Ive only recently read their names over the past few days. The way I see it, if these three people are such an issue for the game and do nothing but cause issues, why havent the Admins of the game IP banned them? To me that makes the most sense.

While I'm not familar with the way they run things here in that regard, i am highly familar with other sites and message boards. If someone continues to be an issue they're just banned totally forever. It just makes the most sense

/my two cents

Report Post Tip

As Godfather Rourke has stated above, I agree completely with the bloodline hunting of the specific named people.

Before this thread was posted, I sent out a mail to all the Godfathers and the city head of Philly stating what I planned to do with the Chuckie bloodline. While my captain may have been naive to trust this man, he called him a friend and thought Chuckie would not harm anyone in the family. He threw it back in Tie's face and betrayed his trust.

While it is just a game, when people pull stunts like this over and over in different forms, we must put a stop to it. A couple of the people mentioned have actually preyed on people's trust outside of the game, and as far as i'm concerned they will never play this game again.

It's very unfortunate that we must take steps like this to ensure that the userbase as a whole will not fall victim to people like this over and over again.

As the old saying goes: "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me". I think we're way past that point with a few people around here.

Report Post Tip

"why havent the Admins of the game IP banned them? To me that makes the most sense."

Sometimes the things being done dont warrant a ban from the admins, which is why TR, myself and the others, agree we must govern ourselves and not just rely on admin

Report Post Tip

The most recent exposure I've gotten of StJimmy leads me to believe that surely the man must be banned - he attempted to use an admins account to attempt to pursue goals from his own personal agenda. That must warrant a ban, no?

Anyways, the player I am most familiar with in this situation would be Chuckie and after witnessing the events that took place last night and his shameless betrayal of a friends trust, I find that absolutely unforgivable. Perhaps not to the point of bloodline killing but I've not really been around to view his other mishaps and shenanigans, so I am no reference point. If creating chaos for the sake of chaos is the reputation they've earned themselves, then that's their weight to carry and should the names that carry the responsibility of our cities choose to stop them pre-emptively from now on, I will not object. They've brought it upon themselves. Enough damage has been done, there's no point sitting around waiting for the next blow to strike.

Report Post Tip

I also think a guilty by association clause should be put into this mandate. If you try to harbor and conceal one of these individuals, you also get the punishment to be dealt.

Report Post Tip

" These three have never been respected players"

I have to disagree upon that single point GodFather Thomas. Will has on more than one occasion been given a job to do within a family, he has even ran his own for a while.

You may speak for yourself in saying that you personally have never respected him, but others have/did/will.

Report Post Tip

Thankfully those people are now of the wrong opinion and will die if they try to harbor him in the future!

God Bless America.

Report Post Tip

"he has even ran his own for a while"

Remeber when he got admin wacked for making target accounts as a leader? We never said they did nothing, they just never did anything right

Report Post Tip

I have never been a fan of bloodline hunting but i wouldnt rope this in the same category... these tards are stepping beyond the confines of a fantasy world and making it a their personal wrecking ball.... death and extermination decided by a council for the betterment of society and not just for fun is something entirely different then bloodline hunting and for that i an totally agree with what TR has put forth.

Report Post Tip

Seeing as I usually would be thrown in with the bunch that just likes to watch the world burn I actually back this. I haven't seen busterman do anything but then again I haven't been around lately a whole lot. I did however come back right after stjimmy decided to abuse an admin and friend. Chuckie, I don't know why he did what he did and I really can't care to know.

I personally think that bloodline hunting is acceptable in some cases. So far though it seems that they were given the power to do this and those that gave them the power are at blame just as much. I only say this because look at HydroPhonic GRHS her right hand man aided a banned player and she felt the wrath of it as well. A 7 month old account probably had everything necessary for Godfather except her own family and BAM! Gone.

Bloodline hunting these people may help cut back on the innocent accounts effected but my only point is that they were given the power to do this to players. I back the idea but if I signed on and was gangster and all I got was a "Sorry, I don't know why they did that." I certainly would question why they were ever given the power without working for it.

Probably my best suggestion is something the leader Mac did a captain from Detroit. Instead of giving me or any other of his friends at the time rhm or lhm. He made people work till they were Made Man then the first two got those jobs. Just another thought.

All around not a bad idea as long as it's not taken too far. (Bloodline hunting just because you don't like people.)

Report Post Tip

"Some can bring into question why a Thug was RHM to begin with". The some mentioned by ThomasRourke in this statement you shouldn't be surprised to learn Skate, does not include you and you would be wise to keep any question you may have firmly to yourself. Las Vegas does not require advice from you on how to run itself.

This may be the OOC, but if you think that grants you an opportunity to judge the in game decision of a Las Vegas Captain free from the risk of your account, you are sadly mistaken. Be prepared to face the consequences for making such judgements about game actions whether made in OOC or otherwise. Other cities may allow you to cast your eye over events, interpret them as you will and offer an opinion behind the shield of OOC but Las Vegas will not.

ThomasRourke opened a dialogue on the decision taken by the Godfathers, which was generous of him and more than you could have expected from me; he was not however, opening up the events leading to this decision for your dissection, because it has nothing to do with you.

~T~

Report Post Tip

The only reason I say that is because it has been said many times and when the rhm breaks a rule the CL is punished. I never meant to come off as giving Las Vegas advice on how to lead. I've known Aurora and Tie for quite sometime and I know they know what they're doing. I should have been more careful on saying that but I feel like people who always stir the same shit are always given power by someone at some point.

Chuckie was authed a longtime ago under JimmyTheLionHeart and got off with allowing his LHM to kill innocents and then he was authed again.

I apologize for coming off the way I did I just feel like we retrace our footsteps sometimes. I felt like this conversation was open to opinions, I was wrong obviously. If I lose an account for mis interpretation and just trying to help the common good there isn't much I can do. I can't take back the words that I said but I already apologized.

Report Post Tip

"Chuckie was authed a longtime ago under JimmyTheLionHeart and got off with allowing his LHM to kill innocents and then he was authed again."

False.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: OOC Bountyhunting (Eff them be4 they eff you)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL