Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 22:11:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Competition: Second Trivia Quiz! Started by: ScipitaRourke on Sep 09, '09 21:03

This is a copy of my original speech, since last time a big war happend just before we launched the quiz it was postponed untill now.

Dear All,

As previously menitoned I approach you all here today to officially announce the second Mafia Trivia Quiz!
This quiz will be held on Saturday the 19th of September
We've listened to you all and tried to find the best time convenient for everybody and came to the conclusion that saturday is the best time given that most people are off work etc and with that there's more flexibility with times.

People who have attended the first Mafia Trivia Quiz have a fair idea how the whole thing will take place.
Though we always have new gangsters walking our streets allow me to explain;

For $50,000 you can buy yourself a ticket into the Mafia Quiz, this quiz will be held on IRC avenue. Exact location of the quiz will be given to you atleast 24hours before the quiz starts.
Per room we will allow roughly 10-15 people, people are randomly selected and divided. Special requests for rooms are not possible.
That $50,000 you'll send to QuizCashier
QuizCashier, a special person that is so Obscenely Well Protected that nobody can hurt it. Your money will be safe.
Once money is received you'll receive a confirmation letter, from me, ScipitaRourke.

So that's how you get in! Once you've transferred the money there is NO way back, money will not be refunded as if you happen to die which I hope not ofcourse, your sibblings will have to buy a new ticket.

Last time I received quite some questions about the actual content, for this quiz the theme is "Recent Happenings". Roughly from 1,5 year back till a few months ago...
I'll let your work out that one. Though "Recent Happenings" is the main factor, there will be sill some different catagories around.
New this time is ANAGRAMS! You'll see it when you see it.

The only thing I'll tell you is this you might want to catch up what's happening around in each city... Visit some bar's talk to some locals.
Goodluck figuring that one out!

Also the Godfathers and Godmothers have been generous enough to double the prize pool. For example, when someone from New York enters the contest he will pay me 50k and then I'll contact Godfather Rourke who will pay another 50k.
I will obviously taking care of Philadelphia myself.
That means for every entry 100k is raised. How exactly the money will be divided is only possible to tell you once I know the exact numbers of participants.
That I can tell you though is that for every correct answer you'll get 1 Credit! And the top 3 of every room will receive a BG aswell. This is all possible because of our gods!

I would like to take a moment to thank Godmother Marietta in advance for her contribution into this Trivia Quiz, she has helped me enourmously with the content of this quiz.
Please do note that without Marietta's help there wouldn't have been a second Mafia Trivia Quiz.

Registration closes 12 hours before the quiz takes place, though it is highly appriciated to register as soon as possible so we have a good idea of the numbers, also this way you don't have to keep remembering yourself.

Let me summarize for you what I just said;

- Entry fee: 50,000 send this money ONLY to QuizCashier! Not to Marietta or me. QuizCashier only!
- Date: Saturday the 19th of September at 17:00 MR time.
- Registration closes:

Prizes:
- Money unknown
- Every correct answer 1 Credit
- Top 3 per room a BG each!

ScipitaRourke watches the crowd go wild

Just a second please, Just a second!!
If you want to read back on previous documentation about the quiz, please see the following articles;

Announcement 1st Quiz and Results

As ever,

Erotica Risk Up (This is an ANAGRAM)

Ps. Everyone is free to donate towards this event. QuizCashier will take the money!

Report Post Tip

- Registration closes: 19th of September at 05:00 MR time

Report Post Tip

i sent 50,000 to quizcashier

im ready for this quiz

Report Post Tip

DK listens to Scipita

Ahhhh awesome. I have been waiting for this contest. I missed the last one for reasons I don't even know myself but if it is all about recent happenings then I think I could do pretty well. My knowledge of the last 1.5 years is pretty good as I have been around more often that long so.. all is good on my end.

Ill send my 50k in right away and Ill start saving some money for the double cash prize aswell. Just mail me im to send that extra 50k for each person from New Orleans Scipita.

Can't wait and Ill be sending my 50k right away.

Report Post Tip

Spatester stands up in the crowd

"This is awesome. I'll be sending my 50k as soon as I get back home."

Spatester walks off towards his home and transfers the money. He can't wait for the competition to start

Report Post Tip

Straz jumps out and  clears his throat and gets ready to say this

This is awesome, though I'm sad to say I will not be participating in this since I am a new guy here and only familiar with the recent 20 day happenings or so. One and a half year is just a bit too much studying for my schedule. But you'll probably see me guessing wrong a year and half from now.

Straz takes a few steps back and disappears in the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Straz, I recommend you join anyway, last time a lot of people "learned" aswell from the quiz.
And let's be honest, I know your finances... $50,000 is nothing for you for this evening of learning and experience!

I will be trying to run the "old" quiz from last time a few times this weekend so people can have a practice round. I'll announce in my profile when and where :)
Entry is free and there are no prices since all the answers are known allready but nevertheless good fun!

Report Post Tip

You give a good argument, 50k isn't really anything. I wipe my... tears, no wait.. I don't cry... real men don't cry! Straz says with a butch voice

Anyway, let me think about it and check my calendar. Straz checks his calendar and only sees MUC's marked... Nope, all booked. Since there's some time until the registeration closes, I make sure to give a positive answer to you then. Straz smirks.

Report Post Tip

Over hearing what Scipita has just announced he leans over and whispers in her ear

PLlllllllllease for the love of god. Do not run the old quiz!!!

I beg of you.

Report Post Tip

Currently over 6 million dollars in prize money!

Report Post Tip

Oh yeah.  This seems interesting.  Entrance fee sent.  Ya know, in primary school, I was the captain of my class's quiz team.

:Starts to do some athletic stretches and jogging in place to warm up:

Yep, this thing is pretty much in the bag.

Report Post Tip

Sep 14, '09 20:13 Your accountant has made payment of $50,000 to QuizCashier.

I can't wait for this quiz! Great idea everyone! Mafia Returns is the best role playing game not only for its great gameplay, but also for the many contests and events held.

Report Post Tip

I'm in want some cold money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Post Tip

Sep 14, '09 20:18Your accountant has made payment of $50,000 to QuizCashier.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm too bad I work 13:00-21:00 oh and I'm banned. Otherwise I'd beat you all just like I did last time.

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $50,000 has been wired to QuizCashier from your account.

Report Post Tip

Allmost 10 mil now in prize money!

Report Post Tip

I sent Quizcashier the 50k but did not recive a Confirmation from you Miss Scipita

Report Post Tip

Correct, I have not send out any confirmations yet.

Report Post Tip

QuizCashier has my money.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Competition: Second Trivia Quiz!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL