Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 09:33:53
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Last words Started by: Big_Al on Sep 23, '15 23:52

Is it possible to have your last words automatically appear at your funeral?

Report Post Tip
The last words are for your killer, not an entire funeral home.
Report Post Tip

I guess it depends on what those words are.  Maybe give the dead the option.  Check the box and it's posted, don't check it and it's just for the killer?  

I like the idea of leaving a message from the grave for my friends.

Report Post Tip

I don't think giving an anonymous person a podium to make their speech is a very good idea.  If they want to broadcast their message to the masses, then let them do it with a little bit of accountability.

Report Post Tip

I think Al mean leaving a Eulogy to be 'read' in the funeral post, instead of a whisper. Like, have the option for either one. So either it goes public once you get shot and is posted in the funeral as a message left to all, or it's sent to the killer as a whisper.

Report Post Tip
Or a add on option would be cool as Sereno said a Eulogy to be 'read' in the funeral post, instead of a whisper.there is accountability because it's from the account of the dead it's not anonymous so why not it's a good suggestion
Report Post Tip
Like say for 10 credits you can write your own eulogy!!! game makes money! ppl get the option for the role play side it's not hard to add it in like deceased left a note for the family
Report Post Tip

True, and it could be added as an anonymous post to start the funeral thread, something about a family member reading it out. I think 10 credits is a bit much though, yet it could be more like the same amount for reserving a character name (3 credits).

Report Post Tip

That was more my thought. We all spend so much time together on here, then bam, you're dead.  Almost like having a will that your family gets to read after you're gone.  Making it optional with a few credits attached would be a good way of doing it.

I think it would add to the RP aspect of the funeral if it starts with words / thoughts of the dead.  

Report Post Tip
Ahhh sorry, had a brain fart. Yeah this makes more sense :)
Report Post Tip

I'm all for this. It'd be worth the 3 credits, and it could definitely be something that could be added to the profile section. Hell, having a Eulogy or 'Will' would be pretty awesome especially if it's scandalous or revealing.

Report Post Tip
I'd use this if it were put in. Even for 3 credits, the RP'd eulogy actually sounds fucking amazing.
Report Post Tip

Yep, also down for this and would use it even if credits were needed.

Report Post Tip

I agree.. I'd even pay the credits as well. The RP that this could add would be amazing!

Report Post Tip

Great idea. But when is once dead going to mean just that?

Report Post Tip

Not sure what you mean Dead_End.

To add to this and hopefully make it easier for admin to hopefully add, any ideas on how the eulogy appear in the funeral? As in, would it be better and easier to tie it into the initial funeral post somehow? Would it also be role-played as a family member reading it, or the priest? Anything else we can add to help this along?

Report Post Tip

If the prepared statement is going to be added to the standard funeral thing, is it possible to have it "read" by the highest ranking family member left alive?  During a war, it would be too difficult to assign a specific name to this because they may already be dead.

*From the entry of the church a black casket that holds the recently deceased can be seen. And though it takes a moment for your eyes to adjust to the dim light, you see a woman in a black veil place a white rose on the casket. You watch as she wipes a tear from her eye. She lights a candle in remembrance of the deceased and walks down the aisle wiping the tears that are now cascading down her cheeks.

The only light inside the church is from the flickering candles on the altar. The candlelight casts an eerie glow across the priest's face. He hangs his head as he starts to read...*

"Friends, we are gathered here today to pay our final respects to our friend, Lurlene_Woodson. May they rest in peace. Those wishing to pay their respects may do so at this time."

Before we begin, Don Whoever would like to share with you Dead Dude's final wishes......

Or something to that effect?

Report Post Tip

I like the RP setup, yet I was figuring an actual NPC 'family' family member of the deceased. As in mother, father, sister, brother, wife or even a friend or another relative. Maybe the acting Don or highest ranking member was the one who shot you, and for you doing something stupid. Then they may not really want to read your personal eulogy at your funeral, and instead want to backhand your body in your coffin lol.

If it's more your 'personal' family member or a personal friend and maybe a bit vague, I think it would work better as it wouldn't be using someone else's real character without their permission.

So taking your example, it would be more like...

To start proceedings you see a mourner in attendance step to the front of the church and unfold a piece of paper. As they try to hold it together, they read aloud the following......

Report Post Tip

I think your idea of having a fictional person who is relevant to the dead guys life read the statement makes sense.   Would also open many different options for the RP aspect of leaving a statement to be read at your funeral.

Report Post Tip
What if when the guy shoots when you log in it says say your last words and it could ethier

Send it as a ws

Or send directly to killer

Pros. U could say good bye to your previous family

Cons it could be misused to insult the killer or even disrespect some one knowing that they won't know who u are next life

Solution to one of the problems
If u choose to send a final word if the admins find it disrespect full they can show the history of person and who they are when they comeback

Solution 2

Votes if get enough negitice vote for being disrespectfull then reavealed
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Last words
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL