Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
It's Rhym Time! Started by: SorroritySister on Sep 19, '09 15:13

Sorrority hasn't been in the streets for a while, she was at her family HQ when all of a sudden an idea popped in her head. Now anyone that knows Sorrority knows that she speaks what is on her mind. She decided to go to the streets and introduce a new competition. The streets have been pretty quiet and she decided to shake things up. Sorrority's voice projects loud enough that she doesn't need a blowhorn or anything. She decided to start speaking.

Hello everyone, I have come today to introduce a new....competition. I know that we have alot of talent here. o am introducing to you guys today....A RAP BATTLE!!!!!!!!! Yes, yes, A rap battle. This is how it's gonna go. If you have some rhymes that you want the world to hear, just come into the middle of the circle and say it. Ofcourse you will be challenged by someone else who thinks your rhymes are Lame or something like that. When that happens, that's when the fun part starts. Going back and fourth battling. I think this will be pretty entertaining. But there is just one rule. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ORIGINAL, Please don't come out here, saying something that has already been said before. And that's it! Just have fun and show your skills.

Sorrority starts to walk away and then comes back

And oh yes, if your good enough you could possibly win the GRAND PRIZE!!! I will speak more on that a little later. Well let's get this thing started. Sorrority awaits to hear peoples rhymes.

Report Post Tip

Coughs and plays an old jazz record

I've never heard of this so called "rap" thing, but who can beat a good jazz song.

Report Post Tip

Sorrority smiles

It's a new thing that us "Young Folks" do now adays. Smiles

Report Post Tip

Well its sounds like something that won't be invented for over 30 years

Smiles back and tips his hat

Report Post Tip

walks in the circle first

Im to clean to be touched

mademan status bets believe thats to much

but ain gone stop now because  im on my grind

ima say what i gotta say before come my time

entered lil wayne's crew not to know the fame

but respect comes up when you new to the game

choas i tell you my money is so high

even the birds tell me you so fly

cuz i made a name for my self no lie

irregular describe me ma

when this 44 hit you it touch your arms and heart

thats the Dons momentum and thats what i got

disrespect my swag please believe me you shot

Report Post Tip

Actually, there are several relevant things that this young lady could be speaking of.

She could be referencing a sharp smack.  This could be a fight club, or some kind of wrestling match.

She could mean to criticize someone sharply.  This could be a battle of criticisms.

She could mean our reputation or current warrants, as in "beating the rap."  In whcih case, I guess it would be a contest of experience.

Finally, (though I'm sure there are more interpretations) she could mean to discuss back and forth in an open forum setting.  Usually this means in a quick and witty way.  I have a feeling that this is what she was referring to.  Not sure why they need to rhyme, but that could be a creative spin on rapping with one another, especially when poking fun.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps, Thomas, though it is interesting how she comes out and wants people to 'rap' with her, and then starts to walk away.

Who judges who wins this contest, and how does one win at a conversation, SorroritySister?

Report Post Tip

Sorrority notices that people have been making a couple of comments and wanted to respond

Ya know, this is a place to just have fun and say a couple of lines that are rhymes. Don't think to much of it, that ruins the fun....

Report Post Tip

i just put one of my raps on and is it going to be like a freestyle battle and we have a champion and like every week someone compete against others and  then the winner of that go against the champion

Report Post Tip

So then its a prose and poetry competition? And as I asked, are you judging? What are the criteria to win said competition?

Report Post Tip

I have hand picked some people around town who will be judging with me. Do you have anymore questions?

Report Post Tip

What is the "Grand  Prize"? Before one puts work into something it would be nice to know what they are working towards winning. Might not be worth my time.

Report Post Tip

Yes. Can I 'rap' everyone into the grave?

Is that even the correct usage of the word?  I'm getting old, and I'm not really happy with these so called 'changes' you 'young folks' are getting up to. Hell, I'm afraid of the day it'll become the 1940's.

Shudders.

Report Post Tip

That's the fun of it. You don't know what you can win....So you can just hope for the best and try your best. If you think it's not worth your time....simply don't do it.

Report Post Tip

Sounds kinda shady to me, but good luck with your poetry contest, or conversation battle, or whatever it is, to win an unknown prize with unknown criteria for winning with an unknown deadline.

Ginger shrugs, tries one more time to make sense of it all, and decides its probably best for her to be off the streets today, lest she be shouted at by the fabulous rhyming mafioso in a battle to the 'deaf'.

Report Post Tip

Nods in agreement with GingerAle.

To many unknowns for me as well.

Sexy tilts his hat and heads down the street.

Report Post Tip

Roars with Pride after Baby-Face kicks his rhyme

"From the circle where da Cash rules/ get Mugged no cash back, prolly just slap you/ Leave you inna red pool/ let cha style drain out/ where ya trynna run too/ everywhere ya turn dude/ Soldiers aiming at choo/ walking with the shadows baby/ Banging das my Sub-Crew/ catch us at the players club/ all them girls can come too/ inactives looking tasty/ in the streets we callum chump food/ petty's get me chump change/ so-I-gotta-jump-you/pump you/ with this sawd off/ let ya flesh Ooze/ crime scenes messy/ test me/ wack you when ya names blue."

Stops witha cocky grin

Report Post Tip

Ginger, once again you are thinking to much of this. It's simply a little rap/ryhme or whatever you want to call it contest. It's not like I am asking for 1,000,000 dollars for your to enter and rap. No one is making you compete, so maybe if you could define the word "Shady" for me from your perspective. I could help you better understand my point.

Report Post Tip

Hands Sorrority a bottle of OCC help pills

Take two of these and call your doctor in the morning

Report Post Tip

Nicely refuses the OOC pills

No thanks hun, I don't think I need any of those.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: It's Rhym Time!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL