Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:31:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A DFP Compromise Started by: Anubis on Sep 23, '09 09:57

I just got done reading yet another thread about adding a longer bribe time option to DFPs. Now, I can't see this working to be honest.

But, how about this. A "vacation" option for DFPs. This would be allowed once a month, and would shut your operations for a full week. Along with this, it would also cost 1 week of bribes. It's a less costly compromise then others out there, and I'd like to see opinions on the matter.

And any better ideas if you have them.

Report Post Tip

Maybe something cost based along the lines of the Private Flights? To bribe for more than two days would ramp up in price more then 10x? 100x?

That way, it'd be used only sparingly...and any abuse of the feature would be ruinously expensive.

Though the above idea is a good one as well.

Report Post Tip

I like Quirinus's idea.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea of having to keep up to date with something on the site. It involves people more if there are things to keep up with. If you fail at remembering to pay for it every two days then to be honest, you're a bit of a pleb. It doesn't even have to be every two days, just whenever you log on. I could bribe my FBN guy 3 times a day and after a week it'd only cost 160k. I don't though, but it could be done and still make profit.

I'm lumping myself into the pleb pile cause on two occasions time has flown and before I know it I got the FBN knockin on my door. I understand though on the flip side the people may need to take time off, and this is what that can be for.

Why though, can't we have an options where when it comes to them raiding the place, they can't say next time you log on, "It'll cost this massive number to make us leave you alone"

Report Post Tip

A perfect solution Anubis. Bravo.

We all agree that losing a DFP due to not being able to get online for 48 hours is a touch harsh, but that the rewards of a fully functioning DFP are so high that it should only come with the activity and planning required to keep it running.

Having the option to "vacation" for a week seems the ideal solution. Comparitive to the cost of losing a DFP, 1 weeks worth of bribes seems a very low cost to be hit with (I'd even suggest making it a touch higher would be fair and still used by users).

I also agree with the 1 week limit. If someone is away for more than that (while obviously it can/will happen with rl activites), I don't think anyone would suggest it's unfair to lose a DFP in that situation.

Report Post Tip

"I like the idea of having to keep up to date with something on the site. It involves people more if there are things to keep up with. If you fail at remembering to pay for it every two days then to be honest, you're a bit of a pleb."

It's not so much the remembering part, not everyone has the luxury of logging on every day of the week. Myself for example; I very rarely have computer access on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

Report Post Tip

True that. But then if I was in that situation, I wouldn't be going and wasting millions on an asset I'm likely to lose, over and over before its even made a profit.

Report Post Tip

Agreed, I only have a DFP that cost me around 30,000. That is not so detrimental to lose, however once you start getting up into the barbs/heroin/cocaine DFP's, losing them is an extreme bitch. While it is a great big bitch to lose them if you can't get on for two days, it's more of a bitch to be limited by this thing called "Real life" (<--- what a bastard, that rl!)

Report Post Tip

It's a widely accepted norm that unfortunately some people just *can't* be CL's or other important figures due to their real life commitments. Shame? Yeah, but people accept it.

I don't see why there is this fallacy that everyone should deserve a DFP. Me? I know I often can't log on for days at a stretch - so I don't buy a dfp.

Simples.

Report Post Tip

Did you really just compare not being able to lead a crew, and buying a DFP?

Lolz.

Report Post Tip

I once had to step down being a CL because of real life situations. Unfortunatly I just couldnt put the time and effort I so wished to do so into a family. And it was all in vain.

But yeah, I lost a DFP twice on coke and heroin, cause time just zipped past.

Report Post Tip

Again I say damn that real life, what's it think it is... important?

Report Post Tip

Did you really just compare not being able to lead a crew, and buying a DFP?

Lolz.

Reply by: TomPetty at Sep 23, '09 10:15

What's the difference? People seem to have this mentality that they have God's given right to own a DFP - even if they can't stay around to maintain it. It's the same principle as a family, albeit on a much, much smaller level.

Report Post Tip

I don't think a DFP extended bribe or this compromise is necessary. Its not an imperative part of the game, meaning you have to do it or you can't advance. Its a luxury, and if you can't afford the time to take care of it, then you're better off not purchasing a DFP.

If, however, in order to rank, you had to petty at least 10 times each day, and if you missed a day, your rank timer reset, then yeah, I could see some sort of concession for those who can't get online each and every day as that feature would directly affect the advancement of a character.

Drug Front Properties do not. So I think the current system is just fine. If you buy a DFP and can't maintain it, therefore losing it, you give the option to someone who CAN maintain it to have a chance.

And to TomPetty, Lolz at you. Noah's point is right on.

Report Post Tip

I GOT IT! Anubis's point in posting this wasn't to see if we actually wanted this new addition or not, but rather to see if any of us had the balls to say no to a suggestion an admin posted on their admin account, rather than their character.

AMIRITE?!

Report Post Tip

You figured me out TomPetty. Now, I kill you for standing up to the gestapo.

Report Post Tip

I suggested this before and got bitched out for it. Glad to see it's being used though o.O

Report Post Tip

I'm under the impression that this closes your DFP for a full week. That is to say, if you pay for the vacation option there is an entire week that you must wait out, in which no drugs will be produced, and you will earn no money.
If i'm right on this, then it seems a simple solution. You would still have to be around often enough to successfully run a DFP (as it's a once per month deal), but should something unexpected come up, you can still put off losing your expensive property.
It can't be misused, because you're Paying to Close your money making scheme.

Report Post Tip

That's exactly it Sledgie

Report Post Tip

I like this figure, I hated losing my DFP when my internet shut off for two days.

But, I'll add my two-bit.

Why not have a 'turn on' and a 'turn off' option? You must pay a bribe equal to the TOTAL amount a DFP can produce money-wise. (Like if you had a DFP that can produce 30 heroine, then you must pay the base price for 30 heroine.) This way, If I'm leaving to go in the man cave where there's no computers for a month, I can know that my DFP isn't going to die on me.

Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A DFP Compromise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL