Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:43:00
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Shrug Started by: WillHayes on Sep 25, '09 14:12

So, I was walking down the street today.  Saw a little of this, and a little of that, but then I happened across this man.  I truly forget his name, but I think it was Adelbisi.  Yeah, I think that was it.  Had to remember that!  I mean, really?  All the guy kept doing was nodding.  He looked like a big bobble head, standing on the street corner nodding. 

And talking.  Did I mention he was talking?  I'd tell you what he was saying, but I'm not sure I totally understood it.  And it wasn't because he was talking with a heavy accent.  It wasn't even because he felt the need to say fuck every other word.  It was because he kept nodding.  And every time his head would go up and down, his voice would trail off. 

I stood there for far too long.  I mean, I must have wasted 5 minutes of my day.  5 minutes that I will never get back.  But I just couldn't take my eyes of this giant bobble head in the middle of the street.  So, I stood there, watching "The Nod" until I couldn't stand there anymore.

People would keep coming up to me and ask me what the hell he was doing.  Other people came up and asked me what he was saying.

And all I could do?  All I could do was shrug.

Report Post Tip

walks up to willhayes with a scary look in his eyes

ha. nice comeback but did you ever think maybe that adebisi is mental scarred has maybe seen one to many people die?

ever thought that he might have troubles sleeping at night. did you ever think of that? and all you could do was stop and stare like he was a freakshow and shrug.

walks away and dissapears into the shadow

Report Post Tip

Will watched as the man approached, and listened as he was scolded.  Before he could say anything the man was gone again.  And all Will could do was shrug.

Report Post Tip

see's will shrug then gets annoyed with this he walks back and does what all normal people do grabbed him and continuously nodded his head and shruging at the same time

ANNOYED YET?

Report Post Tip

RRR walks up to WillHayes

Oh, my, god. I saw that too! Except I carried on walking, I was told it's rude to stare. However I had noticed his speech impediment and couldn't help myself but giggle as I walked on after him. I also nodded back at one point, I thought he knew me and I didn't want to be rude.

Report Post Tip

I didn't see this speech in question, and my mom always told me not to stare. So I won't comment on someone's speech impediment or nerve malfunction.

However, what frustrates the hell out of me is stopping by a speech, from a young turk or an old hat, and they give a lovely presentation with a point that could lead to a great debate. They ask questions, they offer their own opinions, and then...

...they walk away.

What's the point? Why come out and say your piece, then just casually walk away without staying to listen to what others have to say regarding your points? Occasionally they hear something they like as they round a corner and race back to answer... and then walk away again.

In that case? All I can do is shrug.

And walk away.

Report Post Tip

Then what was the point in that, Ginger? If you're going to complain about people walking away, then do it yourself, aren't you contradicting yourself? Why come here and complain, then do what you're complaining about? Isn't logical, think because you speak, Ginger.

Report Post Tip

listens to ginerale

actually i came back i walked away as a sign to say i said what i need to say and read properly it was rhetorical questions :D

this time he stays and listen to what has to be said

Report Post Tip

RRR, I didn't walk away. I'm still right here. What I said was:

"All I can do is shrug. And walk away."

Which is all one can do in those instances. But notice I was speaking about that, and did not actually do it. In fact, I didn't DO anything during my little rant except for speak.

So, nice try RRR for trying to throw a wrench in whatever you were trying to throw a wrench in. What was the point in what you were trying to do again?

Ginger OVEREMPHASISES her ACTIONS NOW, doing nothing but standing there, her finger poised on her chin, waiting for an intelligible response that makes sense. Unfortunately, given the current climate, that may take a long long while.

Report Post Tip

mafiamaxxxx looks around to see if anyone else is going to speak first then steps forward

actually you didnt reply to what i said and what i said was correct they were rhetorical questions when you ask a rhetorical question you dont stand there and wait for a answer.

mafiamaxxxx OVEREMPHASISES his actions now standing thier with a smuh grin on his face realising he has left ginger not a smug as before

Report Post Tip

Mafiamaxxxx, I didn't speak to you, because you said nothing for me to retort to. In fact my retort, as specifically directed at the onset, was directed to RRR. To be fair, I can't understand anything you say. Its almost as if you've been stung on the tongue or you've been licking peanut butter off of Rourke.

Furthermore, from my original statement, it didn't apply to you. It applies to those who come out to the streets to make speeches, start debates, ask questions and then walk away. Which, you didn't start this speech and walk away. So while I think your vanity is cute, with you thinking everything I say is about you, I hate to burst your bubble, because I wasn't addressing you. When I am addressing you in particular, I will say your name so that your attention is captured.

Also, as far as your 'smuh' grin is concerned, its really not becoming when its undeserved.

Report Post Tip

Why is everybody making such a big deal out of a little story my family member told...?He was only sharing something with you...Cmon Ad,I guess they don't wanna hear your story.

Pats Adebisi on the back and motios him to get in the car to drive to the HQ...

Report Post Tip

annoyed by some things gingerale said he steps forward again.

licking peanut butter of Rourke? what are you trying to say? starting to bring up other matters because what you have to say about this story isn't enough? and NO to what you said i spoke directly to you and you never reply ed that  is what i was referring to

Report Post Tip

AND to add to that i would like to know what you meant by the ROURKE part?

Report Post Tip

Sorry Ginger, for assuming. It just looked that way, from my point of view. I stand corrected and apologise for my mistake. I understand what you mean when you say that people talk then walk away, I noticed it a lot myself, however I never felt the urge to complain about it, each to their own. I agree completely with you, however I didn't feel the need to say that before, and I apologise for that too, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, Ginger.

Report Post Tip

I'm making a comment that your speech is far beyond any kind of impediment. Its comical to the point of deliberate obfuscation, mafiamaxxxx. I didn't address you, and though you may have addressed me, you didn't say anything worthy of a reply. You asked me no questions, you just explained your actions because you thought I was talking to you, and for that you are mistaken, and therefore did not warrant my addressing you.

I did not reply to you because there was no need. I'm sorry that you feel a sense of inflated self-importance that everytime you open your mouth, people need to respond to you when there's absolutely nothing to respond to.

Report Post Tip

And RRR, absolutely. I highly respect a person who can review a situation and see where misunderstandings and errors in communcation were made. There's no need for forgiveness RRR, but I highly applaud your response. Thank you.

I hope you continue to have a wonderful day.

Report Post Tip

I would like to state, for the record, that I am a gentle lover in all avenues. That is all.

Rourke picks up his cup of coffee and takes a sip:

Sip.

Report Post Tip

ok i fully understand you know about this im sorry for walking away even though i came back not really a moanable offence but oh well

but now i want this disgussed what was that all about with rourke what does me and rourkes business have to do with this? why did you try bring that up in a stupid argument like this?

Report Post Tip

:Walks up and offers his card:

Here, I'm an editor.  I will correct your terrible spelling and grammar.  Look me up.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Shrug
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL