Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:40
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Pickpocketing in Philadelphia Started by: ScipitaRourke on Sep 26, '09 08:01

Pick Pocketing in Philadelphia and the consequences.

Does it make sense to you that it's ok for a Made Man to pickpocket a Consigliere without clear permission?
Do you think a Don should ask a Capo if it's ok to pickpocket him?

If you answer yes to the questions above, Philadelphia is not the city for you.

Ever since I moved in to Philadelphia I clearly stated pickpocketing in Philadelphia is not allowed unless the persons tag clearly states he's ok with it or after you've received written consent.
Unfortunately some people decided to ignore this rule and have been fined, no not killed... what good are they to me dead? They've been fined. $100,000 per violation to be precise.
However, when it involved a Don (for example) pickpocketing a capo I did not fine, why? Because the Don outranks the Capo and in my eyes he has earned his right to pickpocket the lower ranked.

So today is the day I am going to make my rules a bit more clearer to you.

1. It's always allowed to pickpocket a lower ranked member in Philadelphia, you do not need any consent. You outrank him, simple.
2. Any targets below Made Man are Free For All so to speak, meaning a gangster does not need consent from a Wise Guy to pickpocket him. Hypocrite? I think not. The group Thugs untill Wise Guy are all the same for me. You're not in the mafia yet! You're merely associates working for us.
3. Just to be clear from Made Man on you need consent if he outranks you!

Two Simple rules really... now the though bit if you break them.

1. You shall receive a mobmail from a Philadelphia leader fining you $100,000 for breaking this rule, at this point your crewleader will not be informed yet, unless Crewleaders clearly state they want to be informed. I just don't feel like bugging them with these "minor" violations.
2. If you fail to pay up in 24 hours and you've been showen active your crewleader will be contacted and the fine will now be $250,000 or your life. Your choice.

This will apply for Philadelphia members aswell as if it involves 2 completely different cities, simple Philadelphia rules.
Meaning, if you're a Boss from Detroit and you a Made Man from New Orleans pickpockets you you can fill in our pick pocketing form and if it checks out what you're saying a fine will be applied.
You get $35,000 of the $100,000 the rest is protection money for us. Afterall, we do our best to make you feel save in Philadelphia!

Report Post Tip

An absolutely fantastic stipulation Don Scipita. It's good to see Leaders going back to grassroots and promoting what really matters!

Report Post Tip

A nice change Don Scipitia, it looks like a fantastic solution for such a 'touchy subject'. I think this will work out very well for Phillidelphia.

Report Post Tip

This is exatly the rule that every city needs.

Lower ranked people should be honored to get the higher ranked hands in their pockets! People should clearly take a not to follow every city rule, I'm worried some people don't bother reading the city rules, but hey, that's why there are warnings and clear punishment...

Report Post Tip

Don Scipita,

What are your rules on repeat offenders? I know that I am a frequent pocket picker and I plan on picking pockets of anyone that I feel I can successfully take some money from.

I'm not fool however, so I will pay the fines should I get caught, but is there something that might suggest that if I am caught, let's say 10 times, that I be punished further?

Also, is there a lifetime Tax amount that I could pay up front that will give me a free pass to pick anyone I wish in the City of Brotherly Love until death do us part?

Thanks for listening.

Report Post Tip

Hurley,

A pick pocketing tax defeats my whole message, my message is one should respect those that outrank you. Paying a tax so to speak to be allowed when ever you please to "disrespect" is not what I am after here.

Your question about repeating offenders is a good question, thank you for asking. Simply put, this rule earns me money so repeating offenders are my best customers, it also earns the victim money so if I were the victim I would not see any problem in earning roughly 35k per attack... However, you should ask yourself is it the road you as an assailant want to go? But to answer the question clearly, there are no other consequences for repeating offenders as long as they pay up.

I myself are known to be a big fan of pickpocketing, so this rule is not to discourage pickpocketing, it's to encourage respect.

So simply put, every time you decide to go into violation you pay for being disrespectfull.

I hope this answers your questions.

Report Post Tip

It does ma'am

Thank you!!

Report Post Tip

Good morning, Don ScipitaRourke. I thank you for making the rules clear for everybody in such a fun activity as pickpocketing.

I do have a few minor questions, though. Do I need permission to pickpocket a fellow Consigliere (as myself)? And how would you view me, not upper structure, pickpocketing a Capo that is the LHM of his family?

I have of course, my own educated guesses for both questions, but I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth.

Report Post Tip

CrazyNine,

Your first question is a simple question, you can pickpocket anyone below your rank without consent, a fellow consig is your equal and you do not out rank him, so consent is required.

Your second question is a more tricky one, unfortunately we do not have a unanimous structure spread over our eigth cities, if we did it would still make my answer complicated but it would make sense. Let's take an example for you and Hurley. Hurley is a Made Man in a Godfather crew and structure wise would outrank you since you're in a crew of a Boss from a Godfather so technically Hurley is your "superior" yet it makes no sense a Made Man (rank) is in a godfather crew, he should be in a Capo or Boss crew. I am now purely talking in the most old fashioned way possible and in no way judging, just so we're clear. You as a consig are an advisor to your boss Deimne, you shouldn't even be involved within the family other than that advisory role, so where do you stand? Brandon_Heat being a Capo from Deimne crew would therefore be structure wise below you? I can continue this for a long time but at the end of the day the way "this thing of ours works" and the way "this thing of hours should work" are miles apart.

So for the sake of ease my answer to your second question is we use the rank written below their names, simply because I personally find it strange someone with the written rank of Gangster can still cary a RH title, simply because more than half the people present here today could not figure out the logic and simply because if promotions are used the way they are used the rank written beneath their name should be the rank they present in their family and should not be any different than that.

Report Post Tip

Not a bad set of rules. My ancestors might have enjoyed these rules being in place but nowa days for me I can't help but put my sticky fingers in folks pockets. I only have one question though. If it says "Pickpocket friendly" in their quote and it's someone that outranks me I think it would make sense to not have to ask if I can pickpocket. Thoughts anyone?

Report Post Tip

My first "educated guess" was spot on, but I admit that you surprised me with your second answer.

I appreciate the time you took to address my questions.

Report Post Tip

Skate, We are aware that some people who are higher ranked than yourself state that they do not require permission. However, we still require you receive consent first.

If they are pickpocket friendly then you should have no problem getting the permission you require.

Report Post Tip

Skate,

When one has in their profile they're pick pocket friendly you do not need written consent as I consider just that a written consent per definition.

CrazyNine,

My pleasure, I like to make this rule as clear as possible so any question that helps me to reach that goal is most welcome.

All,

A quick note, when a person that outranks you pickpockets you it does not mean you've earned the right to try to pick pocket that person back unless he has either in his tag that he's friendly towards pickpocketing or has given you permission to pickpocket him back. Just so we're clear on that too.

Report Post Tip

Obviously I have completely miss understood my leader there. I apologise Don ScipitaRourke.

Report Post Tip

I wholeheartedly agree with this wise decision, Don Scipita. Of late the strict codes of honour our thing employs have been eroded to nothing, allowing lowly thieves to dip their hands into the pockets of our elite. It's wonderful to see a change in Philadelphia to prevent this, and I for one will certainly spend more time in the City as a result, safe in the knowledge that a mere associate to our noble organisation will no longer have the sheer audacity to dip his or her hands into my pockets whenever they see fit.

Report Post Tip

Don  ScipitaRourke,

Thank you for taking the time to clarify the rules and expectation on this subject.  I would like to take this opportunity to express some of my concerns with you. Prior to that, I would like to inform you that by no means do intend to question your decision nor am I in a position to do so.

Phili is my house and my safe haven, just like how a house is to its owner. I feel that someone from the outside should not be able to come to my house and do as wish (ie. PP) no matter how high or low their rank is. If I was to invite my friend and his sister to my house, would it make it ok for my friend's sister to bully my younger brother just because she older and bigger? I believe PP is a source of developing and strengthening a personal skill among others which, in turn translates into more skillful family members and it is not necessarily a source of income. If Phili had military training facility and the British military received your permission to come and use your facility to train, does that allow a Sargent from the Brits to train himself at the expense of one of your privates? But if the private agrees to it and can gain some experience out of it as well then I would say its fair.

I understand that I'm at the bottom of the food chain and you only look at me as an associate who works for you. But, I take pride of being a member of my family and I do not consider myself an associate. None of the less you elders are our role models and we are continuously learning from you and will be treating others based on our experiences. I'm sure you were in my shoe one day.

Anyhow, I will not take anymore of your time. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my concerns.

With Respects,

Xerxes

Report Post Tip

Basically, Xerxes... This is not an Army training facility. It's also not your house. It is the mafia. If a higher ranking mafioso wants to go and stick his hands in your pocket. There is nothing we are going to do about it. We're not here to listen to the associates whine about how some Made family member stuck his hands in an assoicates pockets.

Not a chance.

We will however listen to a Made family member express his displeasure in an associate sticking their hands in his pockets. They did not get to this Made position without earning it through their leaders eyes I am sure.

Basically, this is all about the importance of rank and respect. It always goes up. Rarely down.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Jono and ScipitaRourke for explaining that to me. Usually I just pick away.

Report Post Tip

got u.

Report Post Tip

Clearly defined and well thought out rules.  Damn, Philly is a great city to be in.  I just got $4,875 taken out my pocket by a Don - I feel honoured!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Pickpocketing in Philadelphia
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL