Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 22:09:09
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
"Slightly" Irritated Started by: Petra on Oct 04, '09 20:39

Petra picks up a sleeping bum by his collar, throwing him into the crowd and shooting him in the head before a crowd passing by in broad daylight.

Alright folks, I have a few things to say before the cops come (checks her watch)... and a flight out of here before I head back to the lovely city of Los Angeles.

I'm sick and tired of all the whiners. I'll grace you with a brief explanation. Let's start off with:

"Hello my name is pickpocket friendly stickers." Yes, I would dearly love to post a sticker on myself that says "I'm pickpocket friendly!" 

Truth is, there is no such thing as pickpocket "friendly". If you're pickpocket friendly, you have to seek some kind of psychiatric help. I do not know anyone who enjoys being beat down, or having some random creepy hands down their pants, unless the hands belong to Butt_ Ox.  Lord knows I already deal with creepy watchers on me enough already. 

The fact people have to advertise if they are or they are not is ridiculous. It's common sense. Someone who outranks you that wants to pickpocket? I'd expect they didn't get to the to the rank they were given without common sense. They'll be the one's most likely knowing you or asking first. There are too many people in your families and even in your same city to bother picking someone at random. Do I know you? Well if I did, chances are I won't give a shit if you do pickpocket me, but I don't know anyone, so leave me the fuck alone. 

Moving on, those who die and whine and complain afterward. I'm not talking about random accidents like wackbacks-- or I picked the wrong name for my child therefore I will shoot myself at birth and start over. Your mammy or pappy died? Keep it to the funerals, it will probably help your whiny useless plot of underground revenge to be more secretive (rolls eyes) 

Inactivity. Oh this one is my favorite. I love it when people don't put in the effort, get killed, then have their next of kin complain and wonder why they died. Funny how people start to be more active when they realize their lazy ass didn't give a shit in the beginning. 

(stares at watch again)

Eh, I'm done. (Flicks her cigarette and heads to the airport.)

Report Post Tip

It's common sense. Someone who outranks you that wants to pickpocket? I'd expect they didn't get to the to the rank they were given without common sense. They'll be the one's most likely knowing you or asking first.

Can you clarify this part of your speech please, I think I may have missunderstood. Thanks!

Report Post Tip

Sure Hurley, I meant to say that higher ranks have more previledge to pickpocket and chances are they have the common sense to ask or know you beforehand. I said alot of common sense didn't I? I sure did repeat that alot. It's ingrained in my subconcious.

Report Post Tip

Why would one pick pocket a friend? Those aren't the type of friends I would want to keep...

Report Post Tip

Nods in understanding-

They could be just "play pickpocketing"  I keep monopoly money in my pocket for that reason. I'd avoid the friendly "play wacking" though. 

Report Post Tip

I agree with Mr.Hurley. Why would I wish to steal from family and friends? I'm not much of a friend if I'm taking from them.

Why would I ask to steal from anyone? That defeats the purpose of stealing in the first place. I'm a crook stealing is what I do. Its my bread and butter. To take from the rich and poor if need be to make myself even richer.

Report Post Tip

Ive always enjoyed stealing from my friends and family. The look of irriation upon their faces is priceless. Being the gentlemen that I am, I replace it when they're busy doing other things, but thats only because I respect them. When I do pickpocket random strangers, I dont bother tapping them on the shoulder afterwards and appologizing for stealing from them. Thats down right stupid and quite possibly the dumbest thing any thief could do.

Report Post Tip

MrMcSexington,

I'm not surprised you're trying to argue the reasoning behind pickpocketing considering you just robbed me blind a few days ago. Without the witness statement, I would've never known you would dare try it considering we have not met. It's understandable why you would voice your opinion and I'm agreeing with you on some level. I'd just be more careful on your choices of who to rob though. You already knew that.

Report Post Tip

Yet I still continue to steal daily. I will rob anyone I can for profit.

Report Post Tip

Oh and I'm not trying to argue anything. You have your views and I have mine. I'm just stating my own views on the subject.

Report Post Tip

Moving on, those who die and whine and complain afterward. I'm not talking about random accidents like wackbacks-- or I picked the wrong name for my child therefore I will shoot myself at birth and start over. Your mammy or pappy died? Keep it to the funerals, it will probably help your whiny useless plot of underground revenge to be more secretive (rolls eyes)

This sounds like you. seriously.

Report Post Tip

You've kind of lost me Googz-. Sorry about that.

Report Post Tip

[i] Rolls about laughing at some of what she hears [/i]

I agree with sexy about not having to ask to pickpocket someone, we are all criminals, sounds to me that there is some bitterness because someone has been pickpocketed a few too many times and lost too much money...well isn't that what banks are for?  Personally, if someone pickpockets me, and takes all my pocket change then go ahead, if I have my lifes savings on me and I'm pickpocketed, then more fool me for carrying it and not getting a cashiers cheque.

I could ask then that no one shoots me unless they ask me first [i]smiles[/i], we live in a world of crime it's ridiculous to expect us to keep our fingers in our pockets when there is a quick buck to be made.

I do agree with the whingers whining about their mothers/fathers death, they are dead, get over it and move on, it's not healthy to dwell.

[i]Goes off to the garage to ask the owner if she can steal a porsche[/i]

Report Post Tip

'walks back to the crowd'

I realise with my last speech I made some errors, I have nervous twitch, hence the [i]'s etc...please don't take the mickey out of me for that, i'm very sensitive about it.

'walks away embarrassed'

Report Post Tip

I just keep on the city rules and obeys them. Like in Philly and LA

Report Post Tip

Ok ok, so you guys wanne take this all up to another level?
Let's do it, but then let's do it properly.

For one, how in the world is it possible that when I carry like $450,000 on me and someone pickpockets me I only miss $5000,-
Surely I am physical probably not strong enough to carry that much money all the time in the first place but really $5000,-?

Petra:
Sure Hurley, I meant to say that higher ranks have more previledge to pickpocket and chances are they have the common sense to ask or know you beforehand. I said alot of common sense didn't I? I sure did repeat that alot. It's ingrained in my subconcious.

If you've read my speech everyone is allready aware on how I stand on this argument,
I think it's fuckin joke, no offense but common sense to ask a lower ranked than you? Haha really? Why would I do even consider that?
I am now at a place I outrank most people around.. like 99%, don't you agree i've earned the right to pickpocket just about everyone?
It ofcourse will be a combination of the cities policy, as a respect to the Godfather/mother in charge and the rules they laid up on the city.
Bluntly pickpocketing someone in a city that is not so friendly on the pickpocketing just because I outrank them can be seen as disrespect for the city leader.

Hurley:
Why would one pick pocket a friend? Those aren't the type of friends I would want to keep...

Thats an easy one my friend, you help them to train their skill. Let me explain... some of you might have heard allready but word's been out we'll get back into the real deal called Mugging at some point.
When that point reaches the skill you've obtained by your pickpocketing will be very usefull as then you can actually be an asset to your family during war times.
I am not going to make you guys wiser than you allready think you are but the best thing you can do right now is practice this with your friends. You can go all the way.
You "pretend" to be walking down a busy street in the knowledge your friend is "somewhere" and it is your job to catch him before he has his hands on your purse, rince and repeat.
Practice makes perfect, and in the end you and your friend are two skilled pickpocketing guys who can mug around in wars or whenever when time comes...
My great great grandmother once mugged 1,500,000 from someone during a war, boss was very pleased, thanks to her friends thats how she got those skills...

SexyMcSexington:
Yet I still continue to steal daily. I will rob anyone I can for profit.

At this point you're still a Wise Guy so I can reason with why you want that profit, not with the "anyone you want" though but about that I've allready explained.
However, once you reach a more respectable rank I think the whole "profit" purpose gets a bit lost along the way, Earning $5000,- once per hour is a joke for the people up on the foodchain, they pickpocket for different reasons..
So I've been doing some research, since I got time on my hands I happen to read a lot more... this is what I came across;

Kleptomania is the condition of not being able to resist the urge to collect or hoard things. People with this disorder are compelled to steal things, generally objects of little or no significant value. Some kleptomaniacs may not even be aware that they have committed the theft.

This disorder usually manifests during puberty and, in some cases, may never stop and lasts throughout the person's life.

So let's call going from Thug to Wise Guy puberty, yes just for the sake of it.. work with me here...
Thats were you develop this "addiction", after all as you said it's all about the profit at first! But the older you get, you addiction to this thing doesn't stop yet that $5000,- is not really the goal anymore now is it?
The goal is the success, the adrenaline rush...

I wouldn't be suprised if the government would decide one day to officially recognize this Kleptomania as a mental disorder!

Petra:
The fact people have to advertise if they are or they are not is ridiculous.

A lot of people don't care about this minor theft, what they do care about is receiving mobmails about it. Wasting their time!
Also in my opinion mobmailing someone for permission is even more ridiculous than stating you're friendly towards it.
I myself tend to always mobmail people who request this though when in a city that requires written consent, again out of respect for the GF or city leader that set these rules.
BUT come on... Thats the most stupid thing a thief would ever do... giving a heads up... just.. no way.
Thats not what you refer to as "common sense" it just makes no fucking sense at all.

People who've listen to these speeched might want to have a read in these old manuscripts it's a tad old but worth a read!

Report Post Tip

Well, after a long and very well thought out speech by Godmother ScipitaRourke -tips his hat at her- there is little I can add of significance but since I had my thoughts in my head for a little while, I'll give it a go anyway.

Rule      Poster
Pick Pocket is only performed with person's consent or lack of advertisment     Premier

Excuse me, milady Petra, but I would like you, if it is not a bother (I wouldn't demand anything from somebody who outranks me, of course), to give us a suggestion as to how to advertise (as per Premier's rule requirement) that I do not mind being pickpocketed so that they can go ahead even in your lovely city of Los Angeles?

You also mention that high rankers usually ask for permission to pickpocket. What if I mind so very little to be pickpocketed that I find it a waste of time to have to answer mail just requesting to PP me? How can I let those people know not to bother me with a message like that and just go ahead?

"If you're pickpocket friendly, you have to seek some kind of psychiatric help."

Again, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to understand a bit more what you really wish people's behavior was towards PP'ing. Should we all retaliate when we are PP'd? Should every mobster that considers him/herself respectful stop PP'ing altogether? What if I really don't care about $5k when I can make hundreds of thousands in a day just with a few drug runs?

As the Godmother of PH already mentions, I do not mind younger members of my family training their hands on my pockets so that they may be true professionals elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

Sexy, the comment I made, was directed toward Petra.

Report Post Tip

Godmother ScipitaRourke, thank you for your voice into this matter. I actually did read your speech awhile back prior to making mine. I wanted to clarify that those who are higher rank did not get to where they were I'm sure by just randomly pickpocketing anyone regardless of what people have pinned to their suits. Once they've reached the upper echelon, I have no doubt they can pickpocket whoever they want and no one will question it. 

You are indeed the highest rank around. To reflect, when you were once a wiseguy you wouldn't make the mistake of randomly pickpocketing a random higher ranking member (let's say from our Godfather's family who clearly pinned on his suit that he did not wish to be pickpocketed.) He was from another city as well. That wiseguy assailant died for it. He didn't make it to Godfather which I'm sure that's not the only reason, but the point is you are a Godmother now because you wouldn't make mistakes like that. Due to the shortness of my speech, I should have gone into more depth on my venting, but decided due to other circumstances of being busy I didn't embellish on the topic. 

As far as advertisement on suits if people are pickpocket friendly or not, I know it's necessary.  However once again to clarify, I was addressing the overall ridiculousness of the idea of consenting to someone running up to you, punching you in the face and robbing you blind. I also find it also strangely ridiculous that idea of of shooting someone in missing magically gives the person 4 hours of protection, but it's the crazy world we live in, isn't it.

I'm sure if pickpocketing itself was changed, for example a chance the victim died if one attempted it on them --then I'm sure everyone would be pinning on their suits that they're not pickpocket friendly. Since it's just a minor irritation, it's really just that. 

CrazyNine, as far as what I wish on people's behavior's toward pp'ing. I think it's about the choices we make on who we decide to pickpocket since no matter what it's going to happen anyways. An assailant really should think twice before attacking a member of the Godfather's family or any of the families, (Los Angeles in particular because I've seen what happens to the poor people that try.) It's a rare chance, but there are risks involved. There are alot of lazy lower ranks who will probably never listen to our speeches and continue to pickpocket at random, but I'm not them, so I don't care.

Report Post Tip

While I understand the point you're making, Petra, especially in this last post, I think it helps to keep in mind what "pickpocketing" actually is. Its not the same as mugging, or punching someone in the face and robbing them blind. As I always understood the term, pickpocketing means surrepticially sneaking into someone's pocket and lifting their wallet, often without the victim even realizing it until they go to pull out their wallet. Its not a violent act. At worst, its a pain in the ass, especially of we all remember to bank most of our money. I generally don't get upset about it. To me, its part of the price we pay to live in these cities.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: "Slightly" Irritated
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL