Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 15:23:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Mafioso of Today. Started by: Dagenham_Beast on Oct 09, '09 08:33

Mr Beast approaches the crowd and drops a milk crate to stand on.

Today I'm going to touch on a subject which many of you will call dead or long past. I dont give a shit what you say, I'm going to make my fucking speech anyway.

We have heard alot of stories about how easy it is to gain access to 'This thing of Ours' lately, I am of course talking about what we would call Member-Whoring. Let's start at the very beggining, new potenial mafioso get off the boats from old Sicily everyday. Buisness is booming for all our respective organisations, we have no dire need for masses of new members to keep us going. So why do we so often ignore Omerta and approach people we barely know and offer for them to join us?

Let me tell you a story, a story about my liniage. My bloodline came to these shores many a year ago, life was alot different back then. My great-great-great-greatgrandfather passed this valuable information down shortly before he was killed. "What you want in life you have to go and take, you have to want it. It wont come to you." He was shot dead shortly after following on the path of criminal activity, he was shot because he didnt approach any family to get taken in. What did his son learn from this? That to get into 'This thing of Ours' you have to go and search for it, it isn't going to be advertised in the local paper For christs sake. I'm actually glad my bloodline learned this way, God rest their souls, because now I don't have the mentality that alot of people have in recent times. I hate to be a kiss ass but I must agree with Don Butt_Ox, we are not playing ring around the roses and giving eachother hugs. We are the Mafia, we are a buisness orientated organisation brought together to make money.

So, by openly approaching new mafioso on our shores, what are we teaching them? That it is ok to break Omerta. We are trying too hard to accomodate imbociles into our society, and we are producing weedy "We are best buddies" mafioso. If someone wants to become a mobster, they merely have to exert some effort into finding a family and approaching them. If they can't manage this simple task, you think they can follow Omerta? If we don't stop this, we will see more and more traditions that we have fought hard to preserve die away.

My point in this entire rant, is that I believe tough love is the way to teach. We are candy coating far too much just so that new members can feel welcome, it is creating a horrible after-taste of having no balls.

Mr Beast spits on the floor.

I'm done today, if we decide to follow this path further then I look forward to watching as people start apologising for taking power, or something of the sort.

I don't much care for replies, so if you don't agree with my preffered approach on the subject, here take a big dose of 'Go fuck yourself'.

Mr Beast walks away.

Report Post Tip

Mafiamaxxxx step forward from the crowd.

I couldn't agree more. I remember my grandfather stepped onto these shores and had about 10 mafioso coming up to him asking him to join 'this thing of ours'. That is not how it should be.

But i must say not to bum lick at all, my leader Sibilo wasn't like that one but i had to get in touch with him and explain to him why i am worthy to be in 'this thing of ours'.

Report Post Tip

Awesome does a roly-poly into the scene and then straightens himself up to look presentable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with approaching new criminals with an offer of a "career", per se. Although it is a little odd for the upper echelons of a family to do this directly. It's a job for the soldiers. They should be the ones to seek associates. And they should seek, and not just wait. If you just wait then your rivals might pick up all the would-be associates, and then their families will be making all the money and getting strong and powerful and stuff.

After all, associates are just the mass-whorde (do you like what I did there?) of money-makers. The dumb thugs who do what they're told. It's only the special people that become soldierized and captainhooded and the like.

Awesome blows some kisses and skips away.

Report Post Tip

OddPanda listens to the speech from a distance, approaching the speaker afterwards.

I agree with your speech, sir. The mafioso today get it too easy. I feel that is why most younger members are breaking omerta, as you said.
The one thing that has always been brought up is respect. These newer guys do not have it. Candy coating this harsh world of ours is the reason they lack respect. Without shoving it down their throats, most will never get it.

OddPanda departs, whistling a merry tune.

Report Post Tip

I agree that people shouldn't be approached, particularly by those holding power in families. However, whilst I wouldn't do it myself, this inclination towards whoring is just a by-product of the fact we have so many families kicking around. Its very competitive, to the point where people feel they need to approach bums at the first opportunity.

If I were the bum on the street, I'd like to think I'd see through that and realise that I wouldn't want to join a family with such standards. Each to their own though.

Report Post Tip

What you say has truth in it. But considering how many families are around, there's a lot of competition which is pretty much divided into two sectors. The new ones pulling each other down to get members and the older, stronger ones who don't need that kind of hurry. I guess new families feel the need to get members to be that urgent.

Report Post Tip

But wraith id they wait and pick the best men they will be stronger. That way they have a family with lots of great mafioso in it, rather than having loads of street thugs that don't know much and everything is just given to them

Report Post Tip

Nicky waits until the crowd has grown quiet, as he makes his way to the front to speak. After lighting a cigarette, he clears his throat and begins.

"Now although I do agree with this to an extent, there is a slight problem in that way of thinking. I do agree, that it is absurd for a God-Father, or Don, or a Capo even, to be out on the streets advertising this "thing of ours," someone has to do it. If you're telling me, that in order to join our orginazation, you have to wander the streets looking for high level gangsters to impress, the chances of you ending up dead, are more then likely. I know I wouldn't trust a stranger, asking me about this "thing of ours." Isn't that breaking Omerta right there? Speaking about it? However, it is common for Made Men, to find low level Goombas and Thugs to do their dirty work, as well as have them make some money for the "family." If the low levels act up, or attract too much heat, well they go missing, and no one is the wiser, because they're just some street punk. You always need a fall man, and who better then a low level gangster, who isn't made? Would you prefer the Don, or the Capos, to take the fall? Or maybe we should advertise a sign up sheet, and hang it around town. I'm sure that wouldn't attract attention, or be considered breaking Omerta. I believe that you need the low level street punks, to keep the higher ups hands clean, and if that means spotting an up and coming gangster, and offering him some work, so be it. That's just my thought though, and who the hell am I?

Nicky makes his way to the back of the crowd, and continues to puff on his cigarette.

Report Post Tip

I think this is one of those topics that can and should be discussed as frequently as possible.  Even though we continue to talk about it, nothing seems to change.  You can see it as you stand here.  Most people that will come here and comment on your speech will agree with your point here.  Some discuss aspects of "recruiting" that are necessary in this world. 

The problem is - that until this issue becomes a topic of discussion among the Godfather/mothers, nothing will ever change.  And maybe it has been a discussion, and a determination has been made that this practice is just too difficult to police. 

I will explain my position on this issue, for what it's worth.  I don't think there's a problem with members of a family to approach those arriving from the boats to welcome them to this world.  In fact, I appreciate this practice because then those members of the family can talk to the upper echelon and the family can make the determination whether the new arrivals are worthy of further discussion.  But I think it's important for new arrivals to make an effort and seek out the family that best fits their abilities. 

But this is truly only a theoretical practice because by the time members of the family have had discussions with this new arrival, that new arrival has already received several unsolicited invitations, which is honestly pathetic. 

So, bottom line.  Sending unsolicited invitations is a ridiculous practice that should change, but won't change until those in power decide to change it.

Report Post Tip

Al stands there holding his dose of 'Go fuck yourself' and ponders his reply. He looks up and turns the dose over letting it pour out ever so slowly on to the street.

I disagree with you completely. I can't believe that even a made man would come out here and say to at least one and maybe more of the 28 leaders that "I am of course talking about what we would call Member-Whoring". Who is we? Some of the 28 leaders or the rest of us? I would put forth that those with suits can do what the fuck they want and to question them publicly is quite dangerous, kinda like telling me to go fuck myself.

Al leans up against a light pole.

Report Post Tip

Al_Anastasia you are correct we should not question the people in the BOLD suits. BUT on the other hand, are we really questioning them? or are we trying to put a point across to them so that things might change. I do honestly think  the people in the BOLD suits are prepared to listen.

Report Post Tip

I do not believe that any of our leaders would feel this is anything but a discussion amongst concerned mafioso about a subject we've all gone over a zillion times.  Noone is stating names or pointing fingers.

However, that is not what I came here to say, and I might add say politely without spitting or any kind of "doses".  I agree the competition  to fill their families may add pressure but in today's current society, it shouldn't.  Keep your crew at say 10 for a while til those mafioso are deemed both educated and capable of following the proper ways, then add another 10, lather - rinse - repeat.

I also like the idea of flyers to the new ones stepping foot on our shores directing them where to find a list of acommodations, where to learn how to be a mafioso in this world etc.  This does not have to be done by a leader or a rh/lh.  It doesn't even need to be a high ranker in the family.

This could then turn into a "hey, I like this guy who approached me and answered questions so I want to join with him" but by that point could hardly be considered member-whoring.  Then the process would be up to the potential member to approach the appropriate people and make his impression good enough with what he has all ready LEARNED to be accepted.

Report Post Tip

Shakes morgans hand.

I couldn't agree more

Report Post Tip

I wanted to say My piece here but Morgan you have hit the nail on the head.... absolutely spot on My friend.

Report Post Tip

I just joined about 2 weeks ago and the biggest thing that impressed me personally was an email from someone giving me some tips to take my time and use the full 48 hours to find a family and that I should choose a family after doing research and making sure I would like what they stand for. I did that and it worked out for me. I didn't end up in the same family as the person who sent that initial email, but I remember it, and it left an impression and I completely appreciated and respected the advice and help.

Report Post Tip

"I would put forth that those with suits can do what the fuck they want and to question them publicly is quite dangerous, kinda like telling me to go fuck myself."

You can take my speech whichever way you like, I couldn't really care less. If you have a problem with how I present myself feel free to take it up in Mobmail with me. I find that Mobsters nowdays keep their mouth shut for those exact reasons, voicing an opinion is always taken with offence. To be quite frank, I couldn't give a fuck if anyone takes offence, like I said, you got a problem with my speech, take a dose of 'Go fuck yourself' and complain in Mobmail.

Report Post Tip

I took the speech just the way you said to, if I were to disagree I could go fuck myself. Why would I use Mobmail? Al checks the jewels. Yeah just as I thought, balls are intact. Was I complaining? No, you were. I simply disagree with the premise that you can complain publicly about a practice of a leader, who was authed by someone even higher up the chain. Now here you are telling me to take it private when in reality your very complaint should not have been public.

That was a shotgun speech. You blast that line out there about going and fucking yourself and you have no idea who might put themselves in front of it. You should consider yourself lucky it was a nobody named Al instead of a bold suit.

Report Post Tip

Alrighty, I'm beginning to find this trivial attempt at arguing boring.

If you really had a problem with it you would have mailed me by now, however this is more an ego trip by the sounds of it. Have fun with that and enjoy the doeses of Go fuck yourself.

Report Post Tip

I was going to respond to this, but somewhere between when you opened your arrogant mouth and finally shut it, you spouted two things that I think you're lucky to still be breathing over:

I dont give a shit what you say, I'm going to make my fucking speech anyway.

I don't much care for replies, so if you don't agree with my preffered approach on the subject, here take a big dose of 'Go fuck yourself'.

Who the fuck do you think you are?

You're a Made Man, not a Godfather. There is a time and a place where you can get away with the billy big balls routine and that is when you have the power not to be forced to answer for it. You do not have that luxury.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Tallien, I never asked for anyone to reply to this thread, It was a opinion I wanted to voice.

"I don't much care for replies"

I realise I am not a godfather, and I never pretended to be one. In all honesty I never singled out anyone for those remarks, so if you want to take offence so be it. I don't need to answer to anyone but my leader. That is still how it works nowdays, If I am correct?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafioso of Today.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL