Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
RHM/LHM Death& Get their positions back? Started by: Tommy_Peggorino on Oct 17, '09 00:35

Okay,this hasn't been talked about since I've been around,I got the idea from Mr. Pops,In' Low ranked RHM'

Many RHM/LHM die in war,make a mistake and die for it,and so on... Why should their children receive their fathers' position by just doing a few petties? Anyone get what I'm feeling?

Waits around listening for peoples' response.

Report Post Tip

Simple. The human to inbred ratio around here is severely lacking. Therefore, when you get a mobster of good breeding as your right hand man, you don't want to take a chance dipping into the toxic genepool for his replacement. It is safer to go where you know the mobster is not on this earth as a result of cousins marrying.

Report Post Tip

A tall well dressed mafioso leaning on a light post, while smoking un Salamanca cigar: Responds. . .

I have pondered upon this notion for quite sometime, is it fair?. . Neverthless in this life we have chosen, this Thing Of Ours. . . Its all about TRUST. . .

As he fades away in to the dark evening streets of LA, yelling: Am I My Brothers Keeper. . .

Report Post Tip

Yes,but when you are killed,you're a Capo,when you're kid comes back he isn't a Capo...Why should it be different with RH and LH?

Report Post Tip

Because those are not ranks. They are appointed positions.

Report Post Tip

looks on and steps forward to speak

Tommy you are talking in theory, and given that it shouldn't make a difference. Once you pass on the next inline with in the family should assume the role of RH/LH etc. How ever we live in a world where hard bond trust is more important. I can name numerous instances where a RH has taken advantage of that power and reaked havoc upon the family both physically and politically.

Report Post Tip

Growing tired of all the discussions on RHM/LHM, OddPanda decides to speak.

Tommy, I completely agree with Godfather Butt_Ox on this one. It is hard to find mafioso that you can trust nowadays. No offence to New Orleans, but they recently lost a RHM. Will he return as RHM? Most likely not. However, most families trust their RHM fully. Whenever the RH dies, why would they not give the option to his/her son? If they honestly trusted the person and they did a good job, it makes perfect sense.

It has always been this way.When a RH dies, his/her son will most likely take their place. It is just a fact of life.

OddPanda walks off to his family headquarters to talk with some of the family.

Report Post Tip

Gaius sighs and decides to add his two cent

The fact of the matter is trust. When I decide to sleep, I have to TRUST my right hand to carry on as I would. A right hand that works well with me isn't easy to find. Sure there are a few people, but, not as many as you would think.

So if the man dies, his son will replace him time and time again. Because of good breeding stock, I know he's trustworthy off the bat.

Report Post Tip

B_C steps in this conversation and says

in my opinion and i have never been higher than capo it's all about trusting somebody

when you do not trust someone you shouldn't give him a RHM/LHM position

if you trust someone and he dies... in my in my opinion he should get the position again

well i would give the rank of RHM/LHM to the one that i would trust the most...

Report Post Tip

Butt_Ox and OddPanda have summed this one up perfectly.

Good RH/LH bloodlines barely come along, when they do you do not want to let just one member of their generation lose an enitre bloodlines worth of experience and trust.

Report Post Tip

I have to say, i am one of these people you talk about, apointing someone after they died back to there position, recently my LHM died, he did nothing wrong and was killed in a wackback, Now this member i trust 100% i know that he is one of the most loyal people i have ever met,

when his son entered this thing of ours, he was offered the position, i feel this was a good thing to do, yes he is low ranked but he more than makes up for it in ability and i know 100% that he would never misuse his position. wether he was a don or a thug he would be my number one choice, simple

Report Post Tip

I agree totally with lorrie on this issue.

Appointments to RHM or LHM should be based on complete trust & abilities, not based on rank.

Report Post Tip

It' all based upon trust, not rank.

Report Post Tip

If they're a right-hand (wo)man then they're a right-hand (wo)man. By definition, they are neither an associate nor a soldier. And, obviously, they are not the boss, or the left-hand (wo)man. I don't understand the problem.

Is it, perhaps, that they have not been an (official) criminal for a long time? Length of service does not always correlate with worthiness or trustworthiness. Indeed, if Father X is the trusted right-hand man of Don Y, then no doubt Don Y has met Son X a few times before, has seen him grow up, and has shown himself to be a dependable fellow. And so should Father X die, Don Y can have faith in Son X to be a suitable replacement, not just because he is personally known to Don Y, but also because he has been raised by Father X, with Don Y trusting in Father X to have raised Son X to be a quality underboss.

With much love and kisses, I bid you adieu.

Awesome skips away.

Report Post Tip

Let me quote Coach for this debate...because I'm hoping this ends up helping  me understand the topic a little better.

"Bob,

Right hand man,and Left hand man,are NOT ranks,they are simply
titles. If a Crew Leader's Right hand dies,and their son returns,the
Crew Leader knows that this person's father did good at the position
that he/she gave them(Unless they didn't do such a swell job.).
Therefore they will most likely let their children hold the same title
as their parent,knowing that they will do good with this position. When
the Crew leader isn't around,who's in charge? Usually the RH/LHM/W,you
want the best person for the job,Thug or Don.
"

But the title ranks you above dons in your crew....I've heard of taking care of families family but never to the extent. Mainly because that's not the way it works....you may have known the father/mother...but
who's to say the son/daughter is a spitting image. There is no way you
hand that much power to a person you have never worked with in dirty dealings before.  The next person in the family line should have a chance to step up to the plate. That's the unfortunate thing about death...your family can't (shouldn't) pick up where their fallen left off. That and you're dead

I personally see this as a problem in comparison to having someone you went and recruited doing dirt for you.

Report Post Tip

Its all about trust. I dont care if I have a Consigliere in my crew if I hardly know him Im not appointing him RHM/LHM. "Rank" on here is replaced by trust, loyalty and respect and we kind of replace virtue with reality. You may miss understand but some day you will my friend. I have friends on here Ive known nearly 10 years (sadly) and they come far before rank.

Report Post Tip

...Except for Striphe, I hate him.

Report Post Tip

In experience of knowing just how important of a role a RH/LH is, it is vital that the person the leader chooses to take on the task can trust this person with 100% faith.
Should there be a war and the RH/LH dies, what rule is there to say that their son/daughter cannot carry on the responsibility which there parent had? - In my opinion, as long as there's full trust, honour and respect there, it shouldn't matter what rank the LH/RH is nor who their parent was before hand.

Report Post Tip

My main point is once the RHM/LHM dies the trust should too...they are no more. Once their bloodline returns it's "not the same person"....the son/daughter has never been in the family before the invite....Yet they instantly get promoted to second in charge. There shouldn't be that much trust with someone you haven't had family dealings with...sure you've met them before...maybe even watched over them a few times as a child....but never "dealt" with them.

I'm not saying rank should matter...I'm just saying/asking...shouldn't they have been with the family for a while./?

Report Post Tip

It might help you understand if you read closely Cav's reply Mr. Astronut.

Its all about trust. I dont care if I have a Consigliere in my crew if I hardly know him Im not appointing him RHM/LHM.

There are so many things wrong with that statement a person of my rank could hardly begin to explain it all. However it should help you realize what exactly goes on.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: RHM/LHM Death& Get their positions back?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL