Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 21:45:20
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Rourke Retirement Started by: ThomasRourke on Oct 17, '09 02:41

Thomas approached a room with closed doors and pushed through them to find several city heads and the movers and shakers within New York. When he entered all the eyes turned to him.

"Hello everyone. I know it's late and I appreciate everyone showing up. You may have noticed I have taken a backseat recently. I've decided after much deliberation that my time has come to move on."

Thomas let the initial talking die down and continued.

"I've accomplished everything I wanted to. I took a city by force, held it by equal force, and ran it how I saw fit for a long time. Now, I sometimes did do things to irritate people, but in the end, they were all profitable ventures. I love this city though... I love it more than the ego of the position I'm in, and I know that there are very capable hands ready to take over."

"When I took over New York, I did it with two people at my side. The departed Fork Rourke and newly annointed Godfather Butt Ox. At no time did I think it would become the empire that it has. I owe it to the people who have led in New York and died for it."

"I realized several weeks ago that my protege Deimne was ready to take over my position in the city, and has been for some time. He has a steady hand, and I believe that out of everything we did in the city, he held on to the good of it."

"I wouldn't be where I am without the training I myself learned in Detroit, and am thankful that I was able to be brought up in that environment. I hope the people in my family and the leaders under me felt a similar experience, or at least a fraction of it."

"In the end I saw 2 and soon to be 3 of the people from my family rise to the rank of Godfather, and if that is the only thing I'm remembered by, then I feel pretty good about that."

"I'd like to thank everyone for showing up tonight, it's been a pleasure. I have a flight to Florida I'm running late for though... Who knew I'd end up being a snowbird?"

Report Post Tip

Wow.  A big move.  But one that I very much respect.  When you state your accomplishments out loud like that, it makes it clear that you've done a fantastic job, Godfather Rourke.  Enjoy your well-deserved retirement.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Deimne,I hope you do well as the newest GodFather,Former GF ThomasRourke,I hope everything works out with whatever you plan on with your future. Good luck to you both.

Smiles and walks back to the Redemption HQ to tell everyone about the news.

Report Post Tip

OddPanda listens to the speech with much awe.

You have certainly proved yourself in the eyes of many of this community sir. It is sad to see you go, however I am quite sure you have left your empire in capable hands. I applaud you on all that you achieved. You took control and held it to your retirement. Have a great retirement sir.

OddPanda walks off to the local bar to get some vodka in an attempt to rid himself of the shock.

Report Post Tip

Standing in Thomas's old office, he looks at the pictures on the wall, the desk had started to collect dust, he removes his hankerchief and whipes the dust from the desk

To say Thomas was an influence on how i run my city, and how i turned out not only as a leader, but as a person would be an understatment.

Turning as GodFather Deimne walks in, he hugs him

I will miss Thomas, great Leader, ally, and a better friend.

Not only does my family owe him everything, most of the people involved in our life style does.

Thanks and appercation can't be put into words for what he meant to us.

Report Post Tip

Star snifs back her tears as she walks past the HQ.  Thomas, I wish you the best of luck in Florida, enjoy your retirement. 

Report Post Tip

Upon reading the news Henry bows his head in sadness "Godfather Rourke you will be missed."

Report Post Tip

Enjoy your retirement Godfather. You deserve it more than most.

Report Post Tip

Prestige takes off his hat and speaks up.

"ThomasRourke was the first Godfather my ancestors had the pleasure of working for. My bloodline has always respected him and what he has managed to achieve and I myself will continue to remember ThomasRourke very fondly. It will be sad and strange not to see him in the streets..."

Report Post Tip

Enjoy your retirement Godfather ThomasRourke, it is well earned.

You were a revolutionary, and you accomplished so much in your long life at the top. It was my pleasure to work under you, and have learnt a great deal from just observing how you ruled your empire.

Report Post Tip

And just like that he was gone.

The meeting had barely lasted more than five minutes before the man had whisked away through the double doors, ready to catch his flight to the Sunshine State without a backward glance. Gone forever without even a second thought.

She closed her eyes briefly, trying to stablize the swirling in her brain before opening them once more. People were talking; shocked, scared, excited, awed. The Godmother didn't hear a word. Her palms felt sweaty against the table they rested upon. Second by second the room grew hotter, stagnant. She needed air.

Glancing across the table Marietta Rossi bowed her head towards Deimne as a gesture of respect.

"Congratulations, Deimne," was all she could say, her voice flat and dull. Lowering her eyes towards the floor, she sighed softly before she stood from the conference table slowly, painfully, and walked out of the same double doors Thomas himself had just minutes earlier.

Report Post Tip

Enjoy Your retirement, Enjoy Your new life! with much respect to You , my hats off to You!! Cheers Sir         ~Lotus~

Report Post Tip

When the word had finally hit Michael Brizrioles ears he dropped the thug he had picked up by the collar and stood in awe. As his victim ran away Michael reached for his head and pulled off his old scrunched hat and held it tightly to his chest.

My only regret is that I never had the honour of meeting him in person.... 

May your days be long and filled with happiness.

Report Post Tip

I fall into my chair, a little weak in the knees as the reality of what I had heard finally hit home.  "WOW, I think to myself.  I wish I would have had the chance to work more closely with Godfather Rourke."  My heart begins to feel as tho it is going to pop out of my chest as I approach,

Mr. Rourke, as I told you before I was aware of the fine job you had done by listening and paying attention in the streets, but those tails do not even come close once you are standing up close to the reality of it.  I wish would have had the honor of working more closely with you, but I AM HONORED for the time I have had, and the few conversations.  You deserve the best of things and I wish you the best in life on and off these shores.

As I shake his hand, I think to myself "pretty strong grip Mr. Rourke has here."  Take this and enjoy your retirement.  I slide him an envelope with 10 grand and one of mine fine Cubans.

Report Post Tip

Sir Thomas, I wish you the best of luck in Florida, enjoy your retirement. :)

And!! Congratulations Sir Deimne \o/  Well deserved :)

Report Post Tip

Awesome listens to the man speak, a tear in his eye. He'd always liked ThomasRourke. A great leader, and a great person. Wait, no, scrap that. An awesome leader, and an awesome person. Yes, that's right, Awesome is claiming someone else to be awesome. What madness is this???

Well done, sir, for everything you've done. I hope you enjoy your much-deserve retirement.

Awesome bows and curtsies and throws rose petals and stuff.

Report Post Tip

Like many have said enjoy your retirement Godfather you earned it.

Report Post Tip

ThomasRourke I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Report Post Tip

This is a well deserved reward for someone who has accomplished such things. You reached heights most of us only dream about one day reaching. Good luck in retirement.

- Calibre

Report Post Tip

Its sad to see such a great leader leaving, you have made New York into the city it is.

I wish you a good retirement ThomasRourke, you deserve it sir.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Rourke Retirement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL