Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 08:06:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
New Chat - Problems? Suggestions? Input? Started by: Squishy on Nov 09, '15 15:22
Ok, thank you!
Report Post Tip

Yeah still won't let me minimize. I click the minimize button and it just clears the channel selection and the chat is blank. That's it. The chat won't actually minimize though.

Thanks.

Chrome/Windows 8/PC

Report Post Tip

Well now I minimize and can no longer see the C button for crew chat. 

Lol I'm just full of issues apparently.

Report Post Tip

Nevermind. It went back to not minimizing. Sorry for my spam.

Report Post Tip

I'm aware of minimize problem. I was super busy this weekend so i didn't catch time to fix it. However, it's Monday now - i'm gonna fix it today probably.

Report Post Tip

Oh it's alright. I just thought it was fixed, then refreshed my screen at some point, then it wasn't. I knew you hadn't been on. No rush. Was just updating. Lol

Report Post Tip

Okay updates are applied.

However, you should still experience some bugs since we're in beta yet.

Report Post Tip

=> Fixed 2 crash points for chat

=> Cross-tab notifications should work now (rev1)

If you chat on G1 channel, messages will be set to `read` for all channels

Same story for private conversations

=> Tabs wont disappear randomly when you minimize chat anymore

Report Post Tip
First off, thanks for the padding at the bottom of the page so no content disappears below the chat. That was the biggest issue I had with the new chat. The other isn't really an issue, ut more a convenience thingy.

I guess majority of us scan a page from left to right. Much like a Z-shape. If channels, PM and user list would be at the left of the screen, it would give more context to which chat you are in now. I assume it would also bring new highlights (convo's in other channels then you're current or PMs) more to your attention. Switching channels would also be easier to the eyes. Now you look right, switch channel, look to the left to start tracking what's been said.

It's really a UX thing, but I guess it would make things more convenient for users.
Report Post Tip

Alright so I'm using Chrome and currently sometimes when I'm active in G1 it doesn't scroll to the latest message. 

And since there is no alert in the active tab, I have no idea people are talking unless I check. I've hard refreshed a few times and that hasn't gotten rid of the problem. 

Report Post Tip

Make sure you scroll to the bottom. If your chat is not scrolled to the bottom (if icon to scroll is visible in right top corner), it means that you're reading history and it wont scroll on new chat.

So basicly, just make sure you scroll to the latest message and it will keep scrolling for you.

Report Post Tip

Nope - I was scrolled and I typed a message and it didn't go to my message :/ 

Report Post Tip

So if I go to G2 and wait for someone to speak in G1 - it will scroll G1 for me. 

But if I am just hanging out in G1 it doesn't scroll. 

Report Post Tip

I need to manually scroll chat windows for 2 lines when I hit enter or someone else does.  This is a problem in all chat rooms, C-G2 & Private.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I use Safari on the IPad and when I do, the chat is like a really small box on the lower-right side of the screen unlike the old chat where it would take the whole of the bottom of the screen. I can't enlarge the new chat's box and it makes it extremely difficult to read messages.

Report Post Tip

Nope - I was scrolled and I typed a message and it didn't go to my message :/

I typed a message last night and didn't see it show up. But people then responded to the message, so I was a little confused :D.

FYI for admin; was on Firefox via laptop.

Report Post Tip

My chats were greyed out, like I couldn't see anything in the chats or even type into them as the message bar wasn't there for me, the userlist was still there for me though. It's somehow fixed itself, but figured you'd want to know anyway.

Windows 7, Firefox

Report Post Tip

Also, not sure if this was mentioned again, and this I just a bug that bugs me, (HA!) the names that appear on the chat list aren't listed alphabetically. 

Report Post Tip

On chrome, whenever someone sends a new crew chat or message period, it doesnt auto scroll to the most recent said text.

Report Post Tip

Alright i see most of you are having troubles with scrolling - i'll test that feature and try to fix possible problem.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: New Chat - Problems? Suggestions? Input?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL