Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 00:41:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
New Chat - Problems? Suggestions? Input? Started by: Squishy on Nov 09, '15 15:22

I have yet to figure out how to start a new PM with someone without having to click their name in the H and D chat. Can someone elaborate please? If I want to say, start a PM with someone that's not in those crews, how would I go about doing that? 

Report Post Tip
Holy moley, how did I not see this thread?! Also have text repeating itself over and over again. And scroll messing up. I'm using the uk proxy thing though, maybe thats an issue?
Report Post Tip

There is a steady connection between the server and your browser, and when your browser gets messages, it sends back a "hey, we got this ID message".  When you are on an iffy connection that keeps failing, the server can send messages that it thinks you need because the browser never got the message to the server saying we only need messages with an ID over X.

We can edit a few things and also do this locally which in theory will help.  So even if the server sends them, your browser just doenst display them.

Report Post Tip

I am not a fan of the new chat being on the left side, I liked it on the right side, maybe because I am not use to new chat in general.

It would be nice to have it to where we can choose where the new chat goes when it is minimized, I don't know if that is even possible but I hope that it is.

Report Post Tip

You will be able to pick what side very shortly.

Report Post Tip

Occasionally the same message, with the same timestamp, will repeat itself three or four times. Chrome on Macbook Pro. 

i.e. 

[13:34:30] xx: someone buy my drugs in LV? a little profit to be made in summerlin :)

[13:34:30] xx: someone buy my drugs in LV? a little profit to be made in summerlin :)

Report Post Tip

Sorry, I just saw all the comments with the same problem. 

Report Post Tip
Mines getting way worse on iPad Pro not only still having same issue with repeating messages. If I go away to another tab and come back it sometimes doesn't even update the chat. And I'm talking 30 seconds not like minutes away because then I'd expect to refresh. But Iv noticed it's still scrolling random whatever direction it feels like and it seems to switch my chats from crew to home to private etc at random. I also found sometimes when I click the chat I want to switch to to check messages it won't change. Feels like I'm refreshing my browser nearly all day long because of this and various other issues unrelated to chat
Report Post Tip

The PM feature thingy was blue today like I had a new message. 

I didnt. 

I had a message I sent days ago. 

Report Post Tip

When I'm on my phone things people say are posted two times, tabs don't update when I switch tabs, false PM features, tabs randomly change.. I end up refreshing more times than not so keep it minimized. Is it possible to keep the old chat as an option for mobile/tablet users?

Report Post Tip

I reverted to the old chat, cause it did my nut. On phone. I just used... Options - General > Chat Options > Enable Enhanced Chat Features > Untick

Report Post Tip

After clicking on the name in any chat, it comes up a pm...then click on the name in white at the top of the pm...takes you straight to the profile and always has for me.

Report Post Tip

Squishy - Perhaps set it so if you click on a username IN the chat-box, it pops up a PM to them, but if you click their name in the list of names on the side, it'd link to profile?

Report Post Tip

HunterZolomon

And what if they are not currently talking or you just joined?

Report Post Tip

They'd still be able to open up a Private message by typing '/msg User' though, yeah?

Report Post Tip

Perhaps if when you clicked on someone's name in the list of those available, it  had a drop-down for 'Message/View Profile'?

Report Post Tip

There are numerous other ways to view their profile (search, online list, open the message view and then click again), is a change there really of benefit to anyone? 

I personally wouldn't use it often or even like to see it. 

Report Post Tip
In iOS the chat doesn't fit the screen. You can view your private chat list.
Report Post Tip

Typing the number 0 and nothing else doesn't work. No idea why, it's really weird.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: New Chat - Problems? Suggestions? Input?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL