Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 15:14:24
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The JailBreaking Olympics! Started by: Petra on Oct 21, '09 17:22

Petra stands on top of a soapbox cracking jokes and smiling. As the crowd simmers down, she politely addresses the crowd. Her mellow voice was soft yet firm and distinct.

" I have decided to run a jailbreaking contest. At exactly 8:00 PM I will host a crackdown event for EVERY CITY at exactly the same time.

The winner for the MOST successful jailbreaks gets $1,000,000 and bragging rights.

Everyone can participate since this is not limited to one city. From exactly 8:00 PM (20:00pm)  you have thirty mins to get as many jailbreaks as you can! After the thirty minutes, you must immediately take a snapshot of evidence of all the broken handcuffs and mobmail me. At 8:40 (you have ten minutes)  I will no longer be accepting snapshots. I will not be charging any fees to participate, although I can't say no to any credit or money donations. If this contest has a big turnout, I will host another one just incase people miss the first one. Grins. This is one small way to promote and help each other. If anyone asks who did all the crackdowns, it wasn't me! winks

On behalf of myself and the lovely city of Los Angeles, have fun and enjoy being in jail!

Petra steps off the box and warmly addresses the crowd chatting.

Report Post Tip

I'm looking forward to participating in this excellent idea. It is a very nice thing for you to do,Ms.Petra. Thank you.

Report Post Tip

To add, in addition sending me a quick mobmail stating that you will be participating will help as well. Thank you!

Report Post Tip

Stifler appears from behind Petra & steps forward

Hey folks, for those of you that can't keep track of your jail breaks (OOC: the counter that comes with purchasing the timers) you can verify how many jail breaks you have done by going to the Divine Lunacy coffee shop and speaking to Izzy. He'll watch you and keep track (OOC: giving him permision to check your JB count within the set time).

Report Post Tip

_Ragnarok_ stands on the steps of his favorite dive bar, widly applauding.

This is a contest I look forward to participating in!

Report Post Tip

-Deathstalker- smiles at Petra and applaud her :D.

That will be a great help to all of the Mafiosos my friend, Excellent..

Report Post Tip

druglord, who was sitting in the corner during the announcement, walked slowly up to petra. he had been eying up his compitition when he thought to himself "i have got a chance of winning this".

"i would like to participate in this contest. and also thank you for bringing such a good idea to these streets". at that he softly grabs har hand and shakes it. he turns away and walks off back to the corner where he was sitting, to await and see the what other individuals decide to join.

Report Post Tip

Sliver looks excitedly at Petra.

I am so in on this one. She claps and then runs off down the street.

Report Post Tip

(A commercial radio announcement breaks in for all the cities)

Are you tired of trying to snatch a purse but realize that you're still 21 secs too early because she's still standing next to a cop?! Buy a timer! For ONLY 5 credits, that's right.. FIVE credits  YOOOOU can get a timer for thirty days! Jailbreaks, muggings, multi-user crimes, even killing the homeless!  A delightful little midget will run up to you every time scheduled, jump on your shoulders and bang a tiny gong in your ear! Makes jailbreaks and petties a breeze! BUY YOURS TODAY!!

Tax, title, and licensing fees may apply. Do not purchase imitation timers. Void where prohibited. Not available in Nigeria.

(commerical fades out to jazz)

Report Post Tip

Excellent idea for an event that will draw attention and be fun!

Report Post Tip

I too am up for the challenge should be fun thanks Ms. Petra

Report Post Tip

My only question is what about those that are busting right now. Those will count towards their jail count so when the contest is over their numbers will be inflated with the jails they did before the contest even started.

How will you be able to get a 100% legit count if you can not know that everyone is at 0 when the contest starts?

Report Post Tip

Good question Sandra, in the Divine Lunacy cafe, Izzy can verify afterwards from the time the crackdowns begin at 8:00PM - 8:30 PM your count with your consent. Just make sure to contact him first so that he is aware.

Report Post Tip

Two minutes after 8 and the Chicago Jails have yet to be filled. I hope Im not at a disadvantage

Report Post Tip

There was a delay because while I was launching crackdowns the Detroit one went up. Once again there are a few options to verify on jail breaking. Snapshot of the total jailbreaks or  verification with Izzy in the DivineLunacy cafe especially if you don't have a timer. 

This is the first event, so it will be fine tuned and better planned later on. Either way have fun and gain experience!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the fantastic effort Petra, a fine idea!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for all of those that participated in the Jailbreaking Event! Good news, to properly verify accurate successful jailbreaks, contact Izzy in DivineLunacy Cafe for tallying the jailbreak counts. This turnout was extremely fast but still fun. Once again thank you! I will be another one in the near future.

Smiles and mingles with the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Correction (there will be another event in the near future) sighs at her hurried speech.

Report Post Tip

Will Chicagos numbers count considering it only ran from 20:20 till 20:37?

Report Post Tip

(OOC)

For those that participated in the event, please mobmail me or come see me in Divine Lunacy chat with your profile number ID so that Izzy can verify your status in jailbreaking.

Ragnarok, thank you for participating we're working on the 2nd event since we talked in the cafe.

Ragnarok, thank you for participating. Izzy and I are still tallying up the numbers

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The JailBreaking Olympics!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL