Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 19:49:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Thanks Started by: Simp on Nov 29, '15 23:25

It wasn't the users who ended their stranglehold on this place.

Report Post Tip

With the numbers crew people had a common enemy, people stuck together which ever side you were on. And you have to hand to the numbers guys they didn't really turn on each other, you cant kill everyone maybe thats a lesson the last regime might have learned and maybe killing all your friends because you could and installing the people who were the bringers of their downfall.

Report Post Tip

Heres the thing, Simp isn't all butt hurt cause she was betrayed by nearly every living person she ever auth'd or helped auth.

Majority of you on the other hand, will bitch and moan anytime you die.

Whether or not you're a dick in RL or not, I couldn't careless Simp. You did everything you could to protect yourself, and even a few of those you cared for. You made power moves and got to the top and stayed there for as long as you could hang; no shame in that game. This world isn't built on peaceful retirements and removals; its built on bloodshed and secrets. 

Keep in mind those who Simp killed were not saints themselves; quite a few in fact were just as fucked as most of you make her out to be. 

All this hate, you made them conceal it for almost 200 days, thats a fucking win. How long have people waited for this day? Months? Sheeeesshhhh, I'd just feel good knowing that many people really cared that much to see you dead. That's called being at the TOP and successful(which should be your goal, if not stopping wasting my precious oxygen). At least 80% of you will die and apart from your close crew mates no one will give a flying fuck. What a successful "mafiaso" career. 

Report Post Tip

Burrrrr for godfather.

Wish more people would see this game for what it really is.

Report Post Tip

I think Cobblestone means that half of the numbers clique were dishonourably discharged and that's what led to their downfall. We don't know what the answer would have been to that one.

Cobblestone is a great map, just a shame that Mint only uses an mp7. Kappa.

Report Post Tip

Also, it's all good and well saying "oh its just a game, you should tell the difference....yadda yadda yadda", but there is certain methods and ways to go about things that affect you just as bad. Lying and manipulating is perfectly fine, because it's in game form? I can call you a cunt in the streets and then act all pally with you on facebook or whatsapp? Nah, I don't really think it works that way. Do people really care that Simp was in power? No, not really. Do people care about the clique she had? No. Do people care about the way she manipulated people and put a strain on real life friendships because of it? Yes. Do people really appreciate having their name dragged in the mud and lied about, when she could have just shot them without the horrible aspects? No, not really. There are lines that when are crossed, can affect a person, regardless of the wonderful notion that "it's just a game".

Report Post Tip

If there was a re-blog/Share post thing here... I would plaster what you just said Zen EVERYWHERE. Why? Because it's true. Just becuase something is "Just a game", doesn't mean the real live people behind the screen don't feel what is said to them. It's a lesson EVERYONE should learn becuase unless both parties on the different sides of the "Offense" are 100% sure that it's "Just a game" or that it's "Just RP", someone is gonna get hurt. Which has led to "Bitching" or "Whining" by some people. 

Report Post Tip

Lying and manipulating is perfectly fine, because it's in game form? I can call you a cunt in the streets and then act all pally with you on facebook or whatsapp?

I play a game called "Resistance" with a number of friends of mine. It's a party game, nothing like this. Anyways, it involves having spies and resistance members, and it's the objective of each group of players to beat the others by any means necessary. Regularly, I lie and manipulate some of my closest friends to win the game, and they do the same to me (though this gets easier after I've done some drinking).

We're playing roles here. The only time this game becomes destructive is when we forget that. When you're an associate, you ought to be playing the role of a loyal earner. When you're a Made Man, you ought to be playing the role of a trusted member of an elite group of men. When you're a hand, you play the role of a leader's closest adviser. As a leader or Godfather, you're responsible for your crew's or district's prosperity and survival. Whether that means killing friends, enemies, acquaintances, lovers, whatever. You play the role. If you have a "friend" that can't understand that and gets pissed when you kill them, they're either too immature or too stupid to handle this game. Those roles require you to do some dirty work; we're playing criminals after all.

Now, there's a line of decency here as there is with any game. And usually, it's when someone steps beyond the bounds of their role to do something gratuitously vicious. Like hitting a batter in baseball; it's beyond the role of the pitcher to do that. An example in this game is bloodlining; killing a player without cause (other than simply being that player) is gratuitously vicious and usually defies the role of a crewleader (to protect your members, not kill them).

At the end of the day, I think that going beyond your role is destructive both to friendships and the game. When you're more loyal to your friends in other cities than to your own members, district, or city, you're destroying the game. If you lie and manipulate people outside of your role, you're destroying the game. But I've seen faked WSs, shady dealings, and just about every type of falsity and manipulation possible in this game. The question isn't whether or not you can chat with them on Facebook after, it's whether or not you're doing something justified by your role or venturing beyond your role to be particularly heinous. towards a player. As long as a player can justify their actions/words by the role they're playing, I will never hold it against them. Now, I'll get frustrated at losing months of effort or shit like that, but that fades with a day or two.

Now, maybe Simplicity did venture beyond her role to be vicious and some of this anger is deserved. I don't know. I didn't see it. But the things I've heard people get angry about (like wiping out a city) are by no means outside the boundaries of the role she played. So until I see evidence of something heinous, I'll maintain that she's just another MR player who got to the top and got toppled.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

That's the problem Cato, 95% of do not play roles, they play their own personality. Duplicity did this, she has always done this. There has never been an incarnation of her bloodline that has played any other role but the one I've seen for the past however many years. That 'role' matches 100% with her personality 'out of game'.

Kind of hard to ask everyone else to separate the two when the person in question can't do it themselves.

Report Post Tip
You are correct about that Cobblestone.

I remember a specific time of a member of the TeQ family moaning in the streets, in character. The year was 2005.

Ten years later, things never change.
Report Post Tip

Excellent point Cobblestone.  When I arrived a few years ago it was the exact same scenario with Simplicity. This shit here does not only involve her. She is the weakest link who used many (who are by far brighter) with promises that she filled but to only fuck them over. The saddest part is sending off the not so experienced knowing she would kill them.

She is a piss poor leader and is a Soldier at best.

Report Post Tip

Funny Toaly, as I've NUMEROUS incarnations that didn't moan, everyone seems to conveniently forget those though.

Everyone forgets the Countdown's, Louie-Rizzo's and THE-CUBE's because it doesn't fit in with narrative of 'TeQ's a whiny bitch'.

Report Post Tip

You even pro wacked one of those accounts to death Toaly so should know full well it wasn't a whiny account.

Report Post Tip
As you said you have had a few. But surely you must admit your first instinct is to moan.

Battling with ones true self must be difficult to stay in character.

And yes we fucked up that pro wack.
Report Post Tip

Fucking up pro wacks are a dime a dozen. Now lets get back to the subject at hand. <3

Report Post Tip

My first instinct is to moan, yes. But I am more than capable of doing things other ways and there have been many, many, many times I have done that. The problem is... those accounts do not 'stick' in people's memories. 

So I moaned in 2005 (I highly doubt it was '05 btw as I was 21 then and got a visit to the US paid for by someone :P), when you've been here 13 years you're going to cover old ground at some point.

I've been the street bitcher, I've been the 'RP' guy, I've been the underground group guy, I've been the lone rogue, I've been a stealth BG shooter, I've been the 'Pepsi Defence' guy, I've been the ultimate power on a trip, I've been the faithful RHM, I've been the loyal quiet guy that gets nothing, I've been a hitter, I've been a pro wacker, I've been the cash cow, I've been the guy who guides the newbies, I've been the guy who helps out with IRC commands in our main channel, I've been the guy who keeps a room talking in the coffeeshops, I've been the guy who writes a newspaper, I've been the comedy guy, I've been the serious guy.

Pretty sure you yourself will be able to remember me in quite a few of those roles. So if you'd really thought about it instead of sticking with the common narrative, you could've worked out for yourself that I am far more than just a moaner.

Report Post Tip

I am liking you more an more Cobblestone.

Report Post Tip
You may be all those things and done all those things.

But your reputation from the outside is that of a moaner. As someone who has watched from the outside for ten years, we have never been close I have only what I have seen and heard to go on. Im just speaking from my experience and what I know. You are seen as someome who moans. Im not saying you should change or anything if that is who you are. But if it is hard for you to separate yourself from your reputation and who you are then it is quite something to expect it from others.

It may not of been '05 it was back when Ganelon was top dog '04?
Report Post Tip

He is not the only one who have done those things. What is pathetic is you Toaly have not even come close to his and many others who have accomplished that much. You kill me with your banter.

Report Post Tip

And it is that way of thinking that makes people like me give in to the urges.

My 'reputation'.

There is an expectancy of what I'm going to do. I had a run of about 3-4 YEARS where I did nothing on accounts but tow the line (Countdown being one of those). I'm fully capable of separating each serious character I have, others aren't. Even as Orithyia I had zero qualms with any users, it was an admin intervention that caused her downfall (oh yeah, I've played a woman too :P). Considering the large breaks I've had from MR, I'd say the amount of times I've played a 'straight and narrow' character FAR outweights any cunty character.

It doesn't matter how much one tries to change tact here (I'm not the only one by a far stretch), the userbase is far to simple and narrow-minded to accept a change in someone's stance. 

For example...

If Flash-Fire somehow becomes top dog again here seeing as he has Detroit now. Do you think you'll live longer than a week? :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Thanks
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL