Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 07:03:03
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Game Change: MafiaReturns Stock Exchange Started by: Anubis on Nov 01, '09 21:26

In a few minutes I will be opening the MRSE. This will show up under your profit tab.

Now, a full tutorial of this feature will be written at a later date, so for now let me just give you the basics.

How do you make money from this?
You buy stock -- up to 5 per business, 50 total -- in businesses from all across the site. These stocks are given a value based on a few variables that won't be discussed. What I will say is the price goes up with more roleplaying. This has to be SUBSTANTIAL roleplaying. Running into a bar and going "Dude walks up to the bar and says 'gimme a drink!'" won't help the stock any. It has to be a worthwhile post. When the stock has increased in value, you sell it. If it never increases, then it won't be sold.

How do the bar owners make money at this?
The bar owners don't make money directly from this just by being a bar owner. The only way to make money is to buy and sell stocks.

When do stocks show up?
Seven days after the bar is created. This gives the bar time to get some substantial RP posts going.

Post any questions about this feature in this thread.

Report Post Tip

Will we know when a certain stock is cheap or not? Will different businesses have an implied bigger value (like with the different types of drugs we sell), or will all businesses have the same limits for highs and lows?

Report Post Tip

All businesses have the same starting points. The value is based solely on the work done on that business. The listing under your profit tab shows current values and yesterdays values for all stocks currently active. After you purchase stock it also has a separate table holding the data for your purchased stocks. This should help you keep track.

Report Post Tip

So, you can invest in your own bar?

Report Post Tip

Nov 01, '09 21:43 You have purchased 5 stocks for $17,677.
Nov 01, '09 21:43 You have purchased 5 stocks for $45,864.

I bought two stocks but only one of them shows up

Report Post Tip

Yea, and will this be bad for bussiness too. Cause it's pretty much sayin that this bar sucks. And all of the good stuff. :/

Report Post Tip

How can this be bad for business? This will be the best it ever happened to business!

Report Post Tip

Yeah, I bought some stock and it won't show up

Report Post Tip

Well yea, but. Wait I don't know. I really can't focous today. Sorry people, my bad, my bad.

Picks up his helmet and goes home.

Report Post Tip

wait, so what do we do if we bought stock? the mm says get read

Report Post Tip

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Report Post Tip

It means get ready to recieve money from the admins

Report Post Tip

Actually, I think it was meant to say get ready. I'm expecting the 8k to come within an hr. Gotta give the admins time.

Report Post Tip

I tried to buy the last one available for a business but it wont let me. It says that there are no stocks available for the business, but then I'll refresh and there's still one left. Is anyone else having this problem?

Report Post Tip

I too am having this difficulty

Report Post Tip

I love 99.9% of this addition. If there were a single change/addition to it I would suggest, it would be that the business owner be given an initial stake in their stock if it goes public on the MRSE, or that some sort of IPO (initial public offering) system be instituted where first-week customers were given preferential stock prices and/or assured ability to buy a stock. The problem I see right now (please, correct me if I am mistaken) is that any effort put forth during the initial week of the business is actually discouraged relative to business after the first week. Activity during this period would both increase initial purchase price and make it that much harder for someone to make money by colluding with friends after the stock goes live. What this means is that if I wished to start an RP with my friends in my own three-day-old business, the code now gives me every reason to ... wait four days for the stock to go public so we can buy some before starting, rather than get right to it. In my opinion, someone shouldn't be punished with a high IPO price for good management/participation during their first week. People shouldn't be given a financial incentive to sandbag their business up until day seven and only then get around to posting within it.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure if you're accepting suggestions, but perhaps the business owner should be just that; the owner. On the creation of a thread, they automatically own a number of shares (5, perhaps).

To offset this, however, an initial cost is incurred upon its creation (it costs money to start a business). This might also prevent/decrease mass thread creation (where the such might imply poor quality).

Report Post Tip

Heh. Started writing that before the previous reply. ;)

And I agree with Lucretia about the problem with a high initial cost if popular during the first week. Which is why I think the owner having 5 stocks in the business upon its creation would actually allow him or her to want business within the first week.

Report Post Tip

Giving the owner an initial stake in the business has been suggested before, and we are considering it, but for now we are going to run the MRSE as is, as we get a feel for what needs to be changed and what doesn't. But feel free to continue to add suggestions. I love reading them, and it gives me ideas.

Report Post Tip

I love how everything has been bought out. I was getting around to closing a business venture my other account had but I never have time. Every stock has been bought out there. Even though the stock is dropping down to 100 dollars a share. what a joke.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Game Change: MafiaReturns Stock Exchange
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL