Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 21:13:43
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The MafiaReturns Age Restriction Started by: Rourke on Nov 17, '09 19:23

It was pointed out to me today on IRC that there is in fact an age restriction for the game located on a pop-up window that appears when you click on the "Register & Play Now!" link on the front page of http://www.mafiareturns.com/ Here is the exact language:

"7) I certify that I am an adult, being of legal age, 18 or 21, in my legal jurisdiction to view adult material."

Followed by the quote at the bottom:

By creating an account, I agree that voiolation (sic) of this policy may result in the loss of my character, or loss of my playing privileges.

Sorry Telkin. :(

Report Post Tip

Half of the game will be gone if this is enforced.

Report Post Tip

lol not me matey.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

Which is probably a good thing Avon. I vote to enforce it!

Report Post Tip

And yet, if this were to be enforced, the maturity level of the site would probably plummet. Literacy would still remain constant.

Report Post Tip

Honestly, it would suck if it was.

Because at least 50% would go down the drain, including me. Yeah, I is breaking teh law set, but I mean, how many little kids play Halo? COD? Gears?

Making my point, most of that stuff is just to cover the admins asses when some mother tries to sue to allowing the kid play this 'naughty' game.

Hopefully using myself as a model will not end up me dieing. That would be bad.

Report Post Tip

I love you too, Rourke. Way to single me out. Believe it or not, I can think of at least five younger/same age persons as I that are way more immature.

Report Post Tip

Then quite a few leaders might as well go ahead and retire their accounts.

I'm 18 now so I win. w00t.

Report Post Tip

i think it would be stupid if it was enforced look my mum dosnt know half the shit i go into and i porbly use worse langauge than most of the adults here so i will be complety pissed off (thought of using a different word) and any way i play cod im plkaying godfather 2 on my ps3 my mum dosnt give a shit what i play so it would be stupid if this was enforced

Report Post Tip

As a parent I make sure that I am aware of the content my children are exposed to. The nice thing about my relationship with my children is that it is based on trust. If my children were anything like the previous poster I'd be sure they were not online. Instead they would be washing their mouths out with soap while studying spelling and grammar.

My children know what is and is not acceptable. They also know that I quite regularly check their computer for signs of them visiting unacceptable sites or playing games I do not approve of. Does this bother them? No, because they know I am doing it because I love them and am concerned for their well being.

My children have been raised in the age of the internet and know what appropriate behaviour in public forums and on public games is. Sadly, many parents just turn a blind eye to their kids when they are on the internet or do not take the precautions to protect their children from being exposed to material that is not suitable.

Would I like to see this enforced? In a way yes, however I have met some very great kids here that prove my otherwise jaded perception (Influenced by people such as the previous poster) is not fair.

I'm all for an IQ test though!

Report Post Tip

I'm all for an IQ test though!

Ohhh dear. If enforcing an age limit will half the site... I shudder to think what an IQ limit might do to the userbase!

Report Post Tip

IQ TESTS!

For a better tomorrow.

Report Post Tip

IQ Tests?

Now your just trying to get me outta here. I never took one before, doubt I'll do good.

I can't study for that kind of test!

Report Post Tip

As an eight year old prodigy, I both resemble AND resent this thread.

Pouts.

Report Post Tip

URL: ImAnAdult

8 year olds are adults? :O What country are you from? :P

I am in favor of IQ tests though. Or at the very least: English tests.

Report Post Tip

Why the fuck would anyone take an IQ test to play a game? That is not a good way to get new members in our community. The system works fine right now. We have seen some 14 year olds accomplish more on this game than some "adults". It's a mature of maturity, not age.

Ill explain: If you act childish, regardless of age, chances are you will be swept away by the current leaders/players around. We do not need the gods help with this subject as well.

Report Post Tip

Uh, Ricin... It was a joke.

Report Post Tip

IQ Test for Ricin!!

Report Post Tip

Matt-Gondano...

Case in point.

Report Post Tip

Hope the English test part was a joke too.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The MafiaReturns Age Restriction
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL