Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:45:51
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Manners please! Started by: I_kinda_like_u on Nov 19, '09 01:58

You see a broad chested man with hair like a horses mane, and a waxed and oiled chest that glistens in the sun. He stands gallantly looking over his fascinated audience. After straightening his tie he begins to speak.

I come to talk about manners. Some of you peoples find it appropriate to use curse words.

Ewww.

Curse words are nasty. They are called curse words for a reason people, THEY PUT CURSES on people!! They're soooo gross. Why do people find it acceptable to curse?

So I beseech you men....and uh..women..cough...to put forth your muscular arms and search for what is right good.

So what say you mobsters, you potty mouths?

Report Post Tip

Cursing is an unambiguous, powerful way to convey passion.  They set a mood and express emotions across a broad spectrum.  Some find it trashy, ill-mannered, or indicative of a lack of creativity.  What makes the word "shit" more vile that "doo doo?"  They're both expressing the same idea, they simply have different connotations.

If a word perfectly expresses an idea, why refrain from using it?  There's no rational reason to refrain from swearing.

Report Post Tip

Druglord laughs at the poor misguided person who has stumbles onto our streets

"look at the type of people you are talking to, we are not going to be the most well mannered people. I think swearing is going to be the least of your worries here."

druglord walked towards the nearest bank to rob the purse of a old lady that came out of there; and the bank.

Report Post Tip

A potty mouth? Me? I beg to differ. I can be quite eloquent in speech, should I wish it.

In addition, it's a widely-known fact (mostly myself) that eloquent speakers perform better in other areas too. Ladies?

Report Post Tip

Wraith yawned. Some people had good things to say. This one didn't make the list.

First of all, nothing's in a word. I can call my best friend a 'bastard' if he knows that I don't really mean what the word implies but rather as a casual title. Things like these? Word trickery. Second of all, you will see cursing in the Streets. If you want to preach non-violence of speech, starting by practising non-violence physically which is a hell of a lot easier. This thing of ours without physical violence? Not happening.

Further more, not everyone grew up in a baby cradle. There were as much without a home, dumped in orphanages and so on. People like those are fiery and passionate. They're the best kind of men we could hope to have. And they cuss. Do you think anybody cares? Everyone, no matter what rank or station they are in give way to profanity under extreme stress or something similar. Keep that in mind.

Report Post Tip

Can you imagine what a disaster "this thing" would be if we didn't curse? How are we expected to conduct business properly if we're running around trying to sound like Winston Churchill or John Barrymore? No one would take us seriously.

For example:

It's collection day, you're making the rounds picking up the weekly loan/protection/street tax payments and you get around to Carmine Genelli. Carmine's envelope has been light for the past 3 weeks and he always has some sorry excuse why he can't pay the full amount. This time the envelope is nearly empty as he shines you over, promising to pay the full amount next week.

As a mobster it is your right, and your duty to curse...

"You degenerate fuck! You better have the full-fuckin-amount next time or they might find your fuckin ass in a fuckin dumpster!"

Fuckin death threat!
Now Carmine gets the point, and he knows you're not fuckin around.

Hey, we're mobsters, and cursing is a part of the job. Cursing goes hand-in-hand with shakedowns, extortion, leg breaking, loan sharking, and whatever else we do. Organized crime without cursing is like trying to eat pasta without the gravy. Ewww!

Here's another example:

You're in the car; it's you, Bobby Conti and Butchie from Bensonhurst. Bobby is driving, Butchie is in the passenger seat and you're sitting behind Butchie. You're on the road heading to Yonkers to collect the concrete tax on those new apartments they're putting up, right?

Wrong! You're going for a ride.

Butchie's doing a simulcast, you know, he's spilling his guts to the Feds. If this guy testifies in court he could take down half of the family. You personally could be looking at 25-to-life. Anyways, you were assigned the hit, Butchie has to disappear.
You get to Yonkers; Bobby exits off the highway and drives down towards the construction site. He comes to a full stop on a deserted street and before Butchie realizes what's going on you have a gun pointed at the back of his head.

As you're pulling the trigger, you are required by law as a mobster to say...

"Rat Muthafucker!!"

Those words will be the last thing Butchie hears (along with the gunshots) as that piece-of-shit's brains splatter all over the dashboard.
Fuckin Rat!

Report Post Tip

Hey!

Fuck you.

Report Post Tip

He said a naughty word!

Shock.

Report Post Tip

They are only "bad words" by religion, but because most people are Christians, everyone has adopted that these are "bad words".

Well, we are clearly BAD PEOPLE. So, cursing is in our nature.

Report Post Tip

Interesting perspectives from everyone.  Well, I shall not curse when I am in church, or prefer not to in the company of ladies and never in front of my Godmother.  But this is just the way I feel, personally, I should behave.  Notice I say "I should behave"?  I appreciate your concern, and now we all know you'd prefer we not curse around you, and out of respect, I will try to remember that.  "Though, most of these mother puckers" I say with a wink and chuckle, will do as they do.  I enjoy the passion that comes from a "naughty" word when used appropriately.

Report Post Tip

Me being a scouser is a curse itself so....

Fuck you.

Report Post Tip

Is
he serious? Did he really just ask us to not curse? That's like telling
a baby not to cry or telling a dog not to piss.... Who does he think we
are, missionaries from the local church just walking around collecting
donations for the good of starving people? We're mobsters. Hello!
Cursing is just part of doing business and a way of life ....I could
not imagine being a mobster that didn't curse ....Shit .....That would
be like walking up to miss daisy and saying may i please have your
purse so i can steal all of your money? Thank you you have a nice day
...Or when i go and collect the money for protection to give to the
boss and the guy says i dont have it this week, am i just supposed to
say Look sir i would really really appreciate it if you could pay me
this week b/c i really like you and i dont wanna have to break your
legs or something ....That would make me look like a fucking weakling,
and the guy might just spitt in my face. He'd tell me to fuck off, so i
guess then i'm suppose to say i'm sorry you feel that way but now your
not being very nice so i guess i'm gonna just have to splatter your
brains all over the place ....Just talking about it scares the shit out
of me ....Our world would come to an end ....I hope everyone has a
great day ....

Report Post Tip

Quickly he
puts his hands over his ears and begins to shake his head violently.

Acceptable?!
Part of everyday life?!

You all are
sickening. Can you not see the disastrous effects of cursing and violent behaviour?
They only beget more violence, more pain and suffering. Anything that has a price
tag of violence, is not worth it, it's just not.

And yes,
what is wrong with asking nicely for things you want, if they "spit" in your
face, you can always go elsewhere. Just because you are mobsters does not mean
you are predisposed to violence or that violence is the only way. So please for
the sake of yourselves and others stop this potty mouth business.

Report Post Tip

After all the fucking responses and the guy/ girl still dont fucking GET IT .. This is our way of life and nobodys ridiculing u on ur way so get over it its not going to change period .....

Report Post Tip

I think acting with respect doesnt kill anyone.

We are mobsters we are supposed to be respectful

Report Post Tip

"I have been biting my tongue but I can't any longer, You judgemental prick, we don't walk out her preaching to you about your holy ways or how you carry yourself thinking your better then everyone else around you, Sir' need to step back and realize what kind of people you are talking to,

This is the life we have chosen and if your not happy with that path, I suggest you place the barrel of your gun in your mouth and pull the fucking trigger before someone else does it for you, Judge not Less ye' be Judged remember that before you bark out a bunch more nonsense."

Report Post Tip

Your entire arguments is based on the assumption that vulgarity is rude and received with malice.  Despite the numerous sound arguments that have shot your position to hell, you continue to cling to it, presumably for ideological reasons.  You've dismissed rationality in favor of ideology, and that's what makes your position indefensible.

I feel it's immoral to come onto the Streets and spew baseless grievances on fabricated problems.  Stupid begets more stupid, can't you see that?

So, in conclusion: stop being so damn self righteous.  So you've scooped up an inane ethical stance, good for you.  But to attempt to publicly chastise those who don't follow the arbitrary moral guidelines that you've pulled out of your anatomy is fucking stupid.

Report Post Tip

"...Can you not see the disastrous effects of cursing and violent behaviour?..."

When I have to throw a guy a beating because he's late with his shylock payments, I can see the disastrous effects of cursing and violence...for him.

"...And yes, what is wrong with asking nicely for things you want, if they "spit" in your face, you can always go elsewhere...."

Try telling that to my captain when it's time to kick up part of my earnings every week. I better have his cut ready and he doesn't care how I get it.

I'm not selling encyclopedias door-to-door, I'm a mobster and this is how we do business. Sure we sometimes do ask nicely for the things we want, but we rarely take "no" for an answer. If we did, this thing of ours wouldn't last very long.

"...Just because you are mobsters does not mean you are predisposed to violence or that violence is the only way...."

Violence is necessary in this way of life. Are we running around wild shooting each other like cowboys and Indians? No, that would be disastrous for this thing.

But we do have rules, and whenever a guy steps too far out of line we sometimes have to resort to violence to enforce the rules.

Report Post Tip

I myself refrain from swearing, I try to be expressive of my veiws without lowering myself to swearing at someone. I do not disapprove of swearing however, for some it is a very effective method of getting their veiw across, it emphasises their point.

I express my point without cussing.

Albert, xxx

Report Post Tip

I have so say, it takes a lot of balls to come into the streets and ask people not to curse.   

First of all say out of the streets if you can't handle the grown-up world.

Life is a bitch and the streets are fucking murder.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Manners please!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL