Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 18:27:51
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
How far would you go? Started by: ttarrab on Nov 19, '09 12:52

Ttarrab enters the streets and looks around slowly. He gives a slight nod; a busy day.

Winding his way through the gaggle of citizens in the street, he approaches the empty podium in the centre to deliver his speech. He clears his throat, and gains attention from the surrounding crowd. The level of chatter lowers to allow him to speak, and most turn to face him.

"Gentlemen and ladies! I come before you today, not to debate a trivial matter, but to discuss something remarkably important. Most of us are a part of the mafia 'world'; a 'world' in which we get jobs done in the city, with very little consideration for the damage or destruction we cause along the way. We do all of this, of course, to serve our leaders; to better the great city that we each call home".

Ttarrab takes a small pause to wipe his brow. He looks around at the crowd; he has their rapt attention.

."But, friends, my question is this. How far would you be willing to go for your leader? Most of us have families back homes, wives and children we love; would we be willing to abandon or even harm them, should our Godfathers and Dons ask?"

Many people in the crowd look at each other, stony-faced, wondering what Ttarrab is going to say next.

"Don't get me wrong, my friends, I'm not certainly not implying our leaders would ever order us to do such a thing. But, think about it, how far would you be willing to go?"

Ttarrab wipes his brow again, and steps off the podium. It would only be a matter of time before he received comments.

Report Post Tip

All the way! As long as Grass told me he loved me after.

On a serious note, I should hope that all mobsters are unconditionally loyal to their leaders and so therefore would go to their death for them.

Report Post Tip

Shaking her head.

"Your Godfather or Don should never be questioned you pledge them your loyalty and devotion from the moment you join the family, so the real question should not be how far would you go, but have you gone far enough!."

Report Post Tip

would shoot my loved one if it is needed and the go out whit her sister:D

Report Post Tip

And that Sir' is how it should be..

Report Post Tip

Placing his hands in his pockets to protect them from the coldness of the day GillianSeed happens upon the discussion and decides to put a small two cents in.

As I recall the family always comes before any other family you may have. It is in our code to treat our wives and children correctly, but it is also in our code to serve our bosses first and foremost. While I doubt the chances of a boss requesting you to harm your family. Wives are not often killed unless they become rats, but wives don't often do that as they enjoy the same safety as their husbands as part of our extended family.

If your boss orders you to abandon your family you do so. For if your boss calls on you it is your duty above all else to heed that call.

He straightens his tie and the collar of his jacket and wanders off.

Report Post Tip

DonPardo walks by just intime to hear ttarrab deliver a speech

When I got into this thing of ours I said I would be loyal to the end.  So how far you ask,  I say untill death I am loyal.  Whatever maybe asked by my Boss that what needs to be done.  You must have trust that your leader only ask you to do what he does for the betterment of the family."

DonPardo lights a cigarette and continues on his way

Report Post Tip

When you enter this way of life, you are making a very serious commitment to a style of life and any other ties you may have with the world become less important.

As you said, ttarrab, they wouldn't order such a thing unless there was a motive and that order should not be questioned. They are, after all, the people keeping you alive since you joined this way of life.

So, yes. I'd do anything, literally anything, for my Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Honestly, there isn't much discussion apart from how much we agree with each other. So, I'd like to introduce another aspect. How far would you go for your boss, when he's not around? Let's say, your boss is away on business. Do you keep order within the HeadQuarters, or do you let everything fall to pieces, to avoid being blamed for it? Or, in another case, (heaven forbid) your leader is killed, do you let, what used to be, your family fall apart? We all know we'd do anything our leader asked, if he asked it. Even if you wouldn't, you wouldn't come out to the streets and say it. So, perhaps we should expand this discussion a little.

Report Post Tip

I of course would do anythign for my boss, I am loyal. If my leader was nto around, I would make sure thigns are kept orderly in his absence, and if he was killed I would try to keep thigns together as much as possible, but if it is clear I have no choice but to let things fall apart then I will let them fall apart.

Albert, xxx

Report Post Tip

I am at my Boss's service... wich is unconditionable. I will do whatever is asked of me, no matter what the outcome. If my death is necessary to my leader... so be it.

-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

Your family should already know about the life you have chosen to live.  If they get in the way and must be removed so be it.  All for the family or die!

Report Post Tip

I only have one family and my boss is head of it.

Report Post Tip

as far as im asked to.....

as far as im concerned, once youve read and signed the crew rules, you are totally commited to your leader and to your crew....that means youll do anything for the sake of the crew

Report Post Tip

I will follow Godmother Aurora to the grave and beyond. I pledged my undying loyalty to the her on the day she took me in and that shall never change. Honor and respect, the iron chains that hold me to her. During times of War and Tragedy, I stand beside her, she knows that I shall never run, that I shall never turn my back upon her. Its my belief that the members of my crew hold me in the same regard as well.

Report Post Tip

The leader is my 1st family, i'll loyal to him till death

Report Post Tip

Mario shakes his head. u never question ur godfather or godmother.u are loyal to them and ur city.u sever them with ever thing u have.u do what ever need to be do the way it meant to be done.

Report Post Tip

When friends of mine are brought into this thing of ours, they mostly pledge total allegiance to their new family, over and above any other ties they have.  As Mux said, it's not a question of whether you'd lay down your life for your Boss.  If you wouldn't, I'd suggest that you shouldn't have been made and you are putting your life at risk by being less than totally loyal.

In my opinion, it's the little things, over and above putting your life on the line, that show how loyal you really are.  Do you donate everything you can to protect your family, rather than hoard it or protect yourself over and above your boss?  Do you work a little bit harder than you need to?  Do you volunteer to do the 'housekeeping' jobs that every family needs done?  If you choose to enhance your family over enhancing your own life, the chances are that you're truly loyal.

Report Post Tip

Very well said JohnMerrick, sir.

Report Post Tip

Another point I'd like to add is that this is a company.
When you accepted your godfather blessing you were not taking a job, but joining a family.
So every single one of your associates and the one giving you orders are your relatives. Would you betray family for a friend or something less trustworthing?
Because you can lose friends, but cousins, siblings, god fathers... They are for ever.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How far would you go?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL