Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 00:08:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Addressing Funeral Disrespect Started by: RazorRamon on Dec 30, '15 05:19

The rule against funeral disrespect has always been a staple in the mafia. It is seldom seen, but never tolerated. It is of the few rules left in This Thing of Ours that is not regulated by City Hall, but governed solely by the mafia itself.

When funeral disrespect is witnessed, it is usually addressed swiftly. That is why when RazorRamon entered the funeral hall to mourn the death of a fellow mobster and saw a man standing over the casket spewing vile words at the deceased, RazorRamon jumped into action and suplexed the offender through a nearby table. Under normal circumstances, suplexing people at a funeral would also not be tolerated, but in this case the funeral-goers are appreciative of RazorRamon addressing the blatant disrespect and all stand up from their seats and cheer. He pins the disrespectful mobster 1-2-3. RazorRamon's music hits and the crowd erupts as he exits the funeral parlor.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Vanbrilliance is among the lucky souls who witnessed RazorRamon's awe-inspiring suplex.

"Disrespect in funerals...hah! In La Sicilia, we punish it with death, lupara-bianca style. This Thing of Ours is sacred, more sacred than any of the petty governments of the world. Disrespect, especially in funerals, is something that mustn't be tolerated." Van pondered.

After expressing his quick thought, Van disappeared in the busy streets to start his day of hustling.

Report Post Tip

Funeral disrespect has never, and should never be tolerated. Whilst the majority agree with this it does seem to be an emerging trend. Whether this is the 'new blood' doing this or whether it is simply one of the ways in our world which is changing, is unclear. 

People will always champion change, whether it be for better or worse. But on this topic, I urge people to come together, to stand united, regardless of city, family or rank and say no to funeral disrespect. 

Funerals and respect have always served as a corner stone of our very society, under no circumstances should we let this slip. 

Report Post Tip

It is seldom seen, but never tolerated.

Several years ago, perhaps. Now it is often seen, and usually tolerated.

Report Post Tip

I can state, without question, any member of this family that disrespects someone at a funeral will be meeting with me swiftly.

There is no excuse nor is there any reason for a mobster to seek out a person after they have paid the ultimate price.

The idea of a funeral is to pay your last respects to the person. Not to have the final word or to insult the people who care for that person.

In the case of unattached members of our community carrying out this practice then I would suggest that warrants a death sentence in the form of remaining a Gangster until the Gods protection runs out. No person deserves to make their way in this world after such an act. But I cannot uphold nor enforce that countrywide but it will be enforced with us. I cannt imagine anyone who disagrees with that to be honest.

If anyone sees any such instances then feel free to get in touch.

Report Post Tip

* MB looks on *

Interesting, unlike the above I can recall mentions and times where I have seen people "disrespected" in a funeral. Family's basically told they will be capped from ranking and or hunted. I have seen where people are flat out called names and even mocked. Whether I agree or not, I will leave you with this. If the gods themselves see fit to support Funeral Pissing - as Mr Durden does everytime he is part of a kill, why should anyone else look upon it differently? 

Report Post Tip

I remember the last time I witnessed such action.
Duplicity's funeral.
I was not familiar with Duplicity's position of street back in the days. However, I was quite disturbed at the many disrespect I've witnessed in her funeral house.

I stare at Razor as he exits the Funeral parlor

Report Post Tip
Squirrelly-Dan, who holds but is not capable let alone worthy of his Godfather rank, broke one of yhe rules that is the very sling of decency upon which this society rests.

Not for him the silent guffaw at a gallant foe's demise: no. This foul beast must instead bellow in full view of mourners, who gathered to honour the only news reporter in this thing.

What a disgrace.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

There was a news reporter? I didn't see one. Who was he, where are his news bulletins?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
You probably broadcast them to an audience who hadn't paid for them
Report Post Tip

As for laughing at a funeral, don't be so quick to judge. Inappropiate laughter is a recognised part of dimorphous expressions of emotion and can often be the result of extreme shock or sudden loss. So here you are, out ridiculing Dan, when in fact he may have simply been so overcome with grief at the loss of this apparent bastion of reporting (still looking, have found no signs of the news anywhere) that he was unable to control his emotions. For shame on you for lambasting a man for grieving a deeply felt loss, have you no decency, no decorum? Oh yeah, of course you don't.

Report Post Tip
Look, this isn't LostBoy's killing or a writing competition. There are rules.
Report Post Tip

How do you know what rules Dan enforces within his city, Have you been in his crew? This is the 1950s (apparently) not 1920, and the Mafia are famous for violating the dead to make their point, its not even like this bum was a man of honour, he's lucky he even got a funeral for allegedly dealing with the media (still can find this newspaper or whatever it is, are you sure he was a reporter and din't write comic books for kids?)

Report Post Tip
I'm quite sure he "din't" do that, Lincoln.

Son, please let one of your bosses lead a crew. Or write a newspaper or something?
Report Post Tip

That literally makes no sense, I have one boss, and he leads a crew, in fact he's the GFC of Detroit, perhaps you've heard of him? And I'm a Lawyer, why would I write a newspaper?

Report Post Tip
I'll pay you $20m to stop contacting my lineage?
Report Post Tip

I don'tcontact you're lineage, in fact usually within an hour or two of one of you emerging from the sewers I take out a restraining order to prevent them from contacting me. The truth is you would be lost without me, your dear departed cumstain of a father dedicated a whole snoozepaper to me, that proves just how much you admire me, and seek my approval.

Report Post Tip

To quote one of my favourite Canadian bands…

”I’m the type of guy who laughs at a funeral…”

I said RIP. I believe that’s respectful. 

i think he’s just secretly jealous that my funeral message received more tips that his usual drivel.  

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip
My mistake. There was me thinking you responded to my taking Dan to task for breaking one of the rules that ae are all morally obliged to uphold.

I must have mistaken you for the other guy who awarded the top prize for a writing contest to a non-entrant.

I'll allow you to have the last word, son. Have at it.
Report Post Tip

I have gone to near every funeral on these shores and just sat and there and watched , yes I am a little morbid.  This is one of the double standards around here. All you have to do is watch and you will see some bloodlines get disrespected at their funerals and others don't.  Some bloodlines get called out for disrespect at funerals  and others don't.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Addressing Funeral Disrespect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL