Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 15:40:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Standing up Even if the outcome is death Started by: ForRent on Dec 05, '09 09:00

A little while ago I was part of a street conversation which asked about jumping ship or stepping up to fight for a leader you pledged your life too. Today my city was openly attacked and myself fired upon. My leader was murdered and I left to fight on in his name. Though the outcome is surely death and with this new venture of starting an unauthorized family surely my time is doomed I will continue my march until I am killed.

To those who did see promise in me I am sorry for this.

To all others, see you on the battle field.

Report Post Tip

A suicidal decision but i do admire your loyalty and bravery.

Report Post Tip

You made your bones in St Louis, I understand your decision.

Anyone who joins ForRent will be killed as will ForRent himself in due course.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

Ofcourse you understand that this is obviously going to lead to your death. However, I have to say ForRent. Very fucking well done.

You don't see this enough these days. Sick and tired of the people who just jump ship to save their own arse. You swear loyalty to someone and are inducted in to the family as a Made Man. Then you take the oath to death.

I wish you a very quick and painless death.

Report Post Tip

You owe your life to your city and your family. They brought you up. You wont be here without them. It is only right for you to give it back. This may not be the best decision for your future though.

Report Post Tip

ForRent, your loyalty is to be admired. Theres no question about that. You stand by the city that gave you a chance.

Report Post Tip

Yes, your loyalty is admirable. However, setting up a family without auth is only going to get more members of Saint Louis killed.

As Grin stated above, anyone that joins you will die. Pretty careless of you to put the lives of the younger members of Saint Louis in danger.

Report Post Tip

Bloodsuier only those who ask me for an invite will be sent one. On how I am getting others killed I would like for you to explain. Seeing as those who joined me did so willingly, they are also fighting for there past leader and it is admirable.

Therefore in no way am I responsible for there death as they are the ones giving there lives up for there beliefs.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Grin and Bloedsuier, there is a fine line between Loyalty and stupidity, you sir have crossed it.

If there was a goal, an ultimate aim that was achievable, perhaps I may agree with your choice but the truth is, you may take a shot at someone and will probably miss, then someone will shoot you for setting up an unauthorised family. Then your members will be hunted for joining an unauthorised family.

I would like to pre-emptively say:

GRHS ForRent.

Report Post Tip

ForRent, you are responsible because the "enemy" called a cease fire on anyone under the rank of Made Man. If you invite them into your family, whether they are willing or not, then you are responsible for their death.

There is a different between admirable and stupidity.

Report Post Tip

Ahem. I believe I meant difference.

Report Post Tip

As I explained just seconds ago to Bloodsuier, I am in no way forcing anyone to join me and it is made clear to those who ask that they will surely die. They do so on there own accord.

Report Post Tip

Fighting for their past leaders?

Lets weigh up your attacking options, you have a Mademan, a gangster and a thug - I don't wish to sound rude but that actually sounds like the start of a joke rather than an offensive force, ironic huh?

You have damned them to death for sending the invite, if you did want to help them, you would have advised them that St Louis has a leader in Striphe who they can go to peacefully and live, rather than come to you and die - for nothing.

Report Post Tip

You may not be forcing them, but you are allowing it. If you were someone to be admired, you would go down with your family on your own. You wouldn't invite others into your "family" to be slaughtered.

You are saying a thug that just came to these shores is fighting for their family? They didn't know the family, seeing as Grassboy and Bobblegob were killed many hours ago.

Report Post Tip

I have to say ForRent, I agree with you whold heartedly. You went Rogue to fight on in the name of your fallen leader, and there is strength in numbers, so it makes better sense for all those who wish to fight on to do so under one banner rather than spead out without the added protection of a family.

Whilst I may not agree with your fight, there is no doubt that you are at heart an honourable man, and I salute you and your fallen comrades.

Report Post Tip

Since when were people under x of rank not accountable for their own actions?

He's not holding a gun to their heads and demanding they join - they are coming at their own accord. They should be responsible for their actions. Playing the moral high ground does it no justice.

Report Post Tip

Panda, how is there honor in bringing people that have absolutely no way to win a fight against at least 3 cities full of people that could shoot them with their eyes closed?

He is not to be honored for allowing people to join his "family."

Report Post Tip

Well I have to give him credit for atleast attempting to take someone out instead of sitting back waiting for his protection to expire.

Report Post Tip

I remember the days when you would be shot on sight for showing any form of support or commending an individual that went rogue, whatever the circumstances. I guess this is one of those times when rogue is defined differently to the original "setting up without authorisation".

Fairly odd that at least one of the warring parties are swanning to the streets to chat about how commendable setting up out of loyalty to a family would be though. Why not just stay unsponsored, as opposed to buying yourself a new suit? That would still be classed as going down with the ship. Setting up as a Made Man with next to no members is just saying "look at me, look at me!". Why would you draw a big fucking target on your forehead with your own hand?

Report Post Tip

There is a big difference between a rogue who does it during peace time as opposed to someone who has done it because their leaders has been killed. If you reach the rank of made man within a family you die with that family, you continue the fight as long as you can even if it seems hopeless. If you decide to join the next family that comes along to save yourself then you have no loyalty and don't deserve the rank you have been given.

I would expect everyone in The Outfit above wise guy to continue the fight if Vinnie and myself where ever killed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Standing up Even if the outcome is death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL