Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:27:20
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Batting for New Orleans Started by: BoabyWanKenobi on Dec 17, '09 14:24

Boaby, or big Boaby as the ladies called him (he was over 6 foot tall, you see), wandered out of the Bourbon Street Cantina - god that place was a wretched hive of scum and villainy - standing on Merrick's special over-sized shoe to address the people gathered on the street before him. Truth be told, there weren't actually very many people there. They had to wait five minutes until Larry drummed up a crowd. People love Jedi squirrels with party tricks.

Since I came to New Orleans, the aim was to settle the city down, try and give ourselves a good base to work from and then move on from there. We're far from there yet, but I feel we're heading down the right road. Throughout this time, Battista has been a stalwart, initially as one of my Made Men, a Sponsor, and since then in his progression to my LHM. He's shown enough in this role, through his dealings with me, the N.O. underbosses, and leaders from other cities that he has what it takes to be a success on his own. 

In addition to being hard-working, well-earning and someone I consider a close friend and advisor, he has all the attributes I'd look for in a gangster fit to run a crew in New Orleans. He understands the fundamental values we work with in cosa nostra. Therefore, it gives me pleasure to announce that Battista will be setting up his own crew in New Orleans, helping myself, Grin and Bovine continue with the work we've undertaken in the big easy. 

Boaby turns to Battista.

Congratulations Battista, you deserve this chance and I am sure you will grab the opportunity with both hands. I can't wait to see you nurture and grow a crew from the roots up. It's been nothing but a pleasure.

Salute!

Report Post Tip

Battista stepped closer to the Godfather, BoabyWanKenobi and embraced him. A few words were whispered to him before he'd step back to grasp the mans hand in a firm hold. The Godfather had done so much for him, he was truly in the mans debt. 

"I can't thank you enough, Godfather BoabyWanKenobi. Really, I'm honored and so grateful."

His voice was stern, sincere, as his gaze met the mans. Battista held the man for only a moment longer before turning to the crowd that had assembled..

"Headquarters will be located where my fathers stood and its name will remain the same. The place located just a block away, Les Saints D'Nouveau Orleans. There is much work to be done with my right hand, Alan Wake, so I have to cut this short. Thank you all very much for being here during this moment!"

With that he'd turn to Godfather BoabyWanKenobi and embrace him once more before stepping off the platform to meet and thank the others that had assembled during the announcement.

Report Post Tip

Looks like things are really coming together for The Big Easy. Best of luck Battista. You are in good company.

Oderus sneaks away and ducks down an alley off of Bourbon St. to feed his addiction

Report Post Tip

Well done, Battista.  You've worked hard for your chance and fully deserve it.

It also means that Boaby will have one captain who doesn't flash at ladies in public parks so that's a bonus.

Report Post Tip

Alan-Wake approaches Battista and grasps his hand, a big smile on his face.

"Santa came early this year. Congratulations, man...you make me proud. I know you'll serve our Godfather, and this city, with the same honor and pride that your father did."

Report Post Tip

Problem is he flashes at men.......

Congrats Battista, at least i get to have my own bed at night now....well suppose Merrick will try and get in now ;)

Report Post Tip

Rico hears Boaby talking about Battista getting his own family so he goes up to Battista and shakes his hand.

Congratulations man. You deserve it and I know you will do New Orleans good

Report Post Tip

I shall keep you company Larry of course!

On another note..  Battista, i wish you all the best! I have no doubt you will do just great ;)

Congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Well done Battista, I look forward to seeing you in Bold and continuing our work here in The Big Easy.

Report Post Tip

Well done, Battista. It's good to see New Orleans flourish under steady leadership.

Report Post Tip

Being late, iocaste walks towards the crowd, and then, Battista, before saying :

Congratulations brother. I wish you a lot of successes. 

Report Post Tip

Verona runs up and showers Battista in champagne.

Congrats! I'm so happy to see you as a leader. Our bloodlines haven't known each other for long, but long enough to be good friends. Good luck and I'll be sure to bring some cookies to your office sometime.

Report Post Tip

Dr_Jekyll walks over to Battista 

Congrats man, I know you will do New Orleans good. I wish you the best of luck and do New Orleans some good.

Dr_Jekyll walks away going back to business

Report Post Tip

Congratulations.  Good Luck with your Family and everything. 

<em>gives you a bottle of wine and walks away</em>

Report Post Tip

Walks through the crowd towards the platform, late as always

Battista, it's been a pleasure to see you become an intricate member of this family and city. You have delivered big time in your slanty duities, giving this city much needed stability.

Give's Battista a hand shake

Its time for the next step up my friend. I am sure that you will only help in the further development in your new HQ. Success and nothing less batty!

Fatality's BG slips him a bottle of champagne. Which Fatality waste's no time to open and pour it all over Battista

In true New Orleans fashion...Congrats my friend

Report Post Tip

I rarely speak at these announcements, because despite a lot of hollow platitudes the would be 'leader' then retreats into their HQ and isn't seen for weeks on end. Great.

However, in this circumstance I have faith in you and in your ability. I am confident you will not just be another anonymous name and will actually prove a welcome addition in our fine city.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

Congrats and good luck Battista.

ugabug shakes Battista hand

Report Post Tip

Cow vs Bat

oh oh

Report Post Tip

Will the cow and Bat be given equal in skill?

My money is still on the Mooooo(D)on.

Report Post Tip

Aurora overheard BoabyWan talking in his sleep again. No ladies she knew referred to him as that.

Congratulations, Battista. New Orleans is definitely moving in the right direction, and I know you will be an asset to the city. I look forward to seeing what you bring to BoabyWan and the rest of New Orleans.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Batting for New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL