Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:22
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Our MR baby, she is beauiful! Started by: Morgan on Dec 23, '09 02:40

Looks more like Dad then Mom at this point but you never know how babies will turn out - please read the story of her parents in "A Real Wedding / And A Thank You.", the announcement of her entrance into our world "Birth Announcement YAY!". And this sweet face is the outcome of it all Elizabeth

Report Post Tip

I'm not going to win any awards for 'Nice Guy of the Year' for this, but some things have to be said.

This is MafiaReturns, not Facebook.

I'm delighted for the Rinaldi's but lets get serious, this did not deserve a thread. Anyone who knows these two outside of game can offer them congratulations and well wishes to their hearts content. tiggy, jokingly I assume, mentioned this kid was the MR baby, but we haven't adopted her and as mean as this sounds, most of us don't care at all. So whilst on a personal level I wish them happiness and all the best etc. can we not have any more pointless bullshit OOC threads about this sort of nonsense?

Thanks.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

What a asshole.

Report Post Tip

I'm not even trying to be a dick, I'm just sick and tired of seeing this sort of shit in at best, the wrong forum and at worst the wrong site.

I avoid Outside forum because I don't care about this sort of thing; I don't come onto MafiaReturns to hear about people's kids. I've obviously got nothing against them, but this is for OOC references to IN GAME issues. Therefore I'm the player behind Grin and this has absolutely zero relevance to anything in game, other than two people who play it have a kid. I'm sure we have lots of parents here, but we don't want all of them to post pictures of their children or someone elses children for the whole site to worship.

If I'm alone in this viewpoint then I will apologise for this and we can get some Chirstmas photos up as well - but I'd eat my own arm if I was.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

This should probably be locked, or at least merged with the other thread before it gets out of hand as people miss the point and take exception to what Grin's said.

However, I also believe this stuff doesn't belong in the OOC forum, which is for game-related OOC chat. The outside forum is for non game-related chat, which this probably falls under. MR players getting married or having kids is quite a common occurrence, so this is only of interest to the people that know those involved.

Of course, I'm sure everyone wishes them the best of luck and congratulations, but I tend to agree that this doesn't belong in the MR OOC forum.

Report Post Tip

OOC or Outside your reaction on this topic is shamefull Grin, there were a lot of other ways to adress the correct location of a thread like this.
Yet you decide to take the absolute worst approach, what is it that makes you so bitter you've to try OOC (since thats where we are) to make people feel bad?
Christmas depression?

I myself don't care much about babies either, but I do care about the people that care for those babies... OOC wise.
That you yourself don't care? Boohoo cry us a river.... Or yes please bite your arms off so we don't have to read your bitching anymore.

Get yourself together.

Report Post Tip

A newly born from two members of MR there for totally acceptable in the OOC threat.

She is cute, congratulations

Report Post Tip

Scipita - why is it the worst way? To quote:

"I'm delighted for the Rinaldis"

"I wish them all the best"

He's being nice and congratulating, just expressing that it's not mafia related for the ooc forum which is supposed to be mafia but just out of character mafia...

To be honest your reply is a little meaner than his response...some of us don't even have arms (mooo)

Mean girl :( (did you see the film? mooo)

Report Post Tip

Those were just a few things he said amongst the harsh message he is trying to get across and frankly I don't understand his problem.
If he is not interested in babies and all these things then he can just move along, nobody is telling him to go look at the pictures or reply happy stuff.
He decides very seflishly to turn a thread that was ment as a joyfull happening into a debate on if the location of the thread is correct, he could have chosen to do this a different way but this is what he figured out was most suitable... well I disagree with that.
Actually, I think it's pathetic someone feels the urge to handle a subject like this the way he choose to do.

If I look at your reply and Boaby's reply I can actually accept what you're saying.

Now regarding the arms, can you miss a few stomaches?

Report Post Tip

I can see both sides to this.  I have a 22 month old toddler and know how tempting it is to update everyone with everything that happens.  In fact, I do - on his own little website, Facebook, emails, Flickr and so on.

However, I don't do it on here.  Aside from the fact that I know that most people wouldn't be interested, well, it's just never occurred to me that this would be the right place for it.

Folk on both sides need to make sure that they don't get hysterical and prone to overreaction.  This isn't a pissing competition to see who can be most offensive and/or offended.  If the parents have a problem with what Grin's saying, let them take it up with him.

Report Post Tip

Thing is, there was all ready an announcement over the birth of the baby. Why not just post links to it there? OOC is driving me absolutely batshit crazy with all this uselessness.

Let us look over the front page of OOC.

Tetrinet. THE BATTLE! 12/01 14:23 ScipitaRourke (30) Grin 12/09 10:05 Relevant
Our MR baby, she is beauiful! 12/23 02:40 Morgan (8) ScipitaRourke 12/23 07:29 Fuck off
Does Any One Miss It? 12/21 18:42 Jack_Bauer (25) GiovanniBovine 12/23 07:16 Decent
Lets Get Our Shit Together - Bugfixapalooza! 12/17 13:49 Squishy (24) El_Nino 12/23 06:50 Admin notice
Near Death Experience 12/23 03:22 Die_Clause (4) SirBarnabieHuckles 12/23 05:08 Not sure tbf :\
Birth Announcement YAY! 11/13 01:27 tiggy (9) Morgan 12/23 02:39 *WAS* Relevant
A Real Wedding / And A Thank You. 06/26 23:25 Philisophical_Psycho (54) Morgan 12/23 02:27 'Grats man. Let's move on
A newbee 12/15 07:31 HolgerDanske (9) Jewish_Jake 12/22 23:09 He's a nub he can get away with it
Highest and Lowest Prowess You have had? 12/16 21:07 kismu (12) Mikhail-Faustin 12/22 21:35 USELESS TRASH
Game Dating. 12/03 19:07 Casper (44) Saint_Cav 12/22 21:05 Decent idea actually
Messages before you kill 12/22 08:16 j-bob (6) SirBarnabieHuckles 12/22 19:44 Useless
Game Change: Mark Unread 12/22 11:11 Squishy (1) SirBarnabieHuckles 12/22 19:42 Admin Notice
J-bobs Royal Rumble 12/07 08:20 j-bob (30) j-bob 12/22 17:57 Wait wat?
Highest rank you've ever been? 12/05 15:12 MachinegunShaun (70) JimmyCapri 12/22 17:47 Read Larrys reply
j-bobs Madden Madness 12/22 08:37 j-bob (4) j-bob 12/22 14:14 OMG TWO GUYS RUNNING COMPS agkbasgba
EM's Fight Club Fixtures and Results 12/18 14:11 EM (7) EM 12/22 14:03 Don't give a shit
New business 12/21 00:27 sWaG (3) sWaG 12/22 13:33 Really don't give a shit
How many. 12/14 04:45 Noah-Levenstein (46) OneSilentTear 12/22 13:24 Wish someone would shoot him for that
Game Change: Massmails appear in sent folder. 12/22 11:35 Squishy (3) Grin 12/22 13:11 Admin Notice
How many accounts have you had? no one gives a rats arse.

So all things considered. Line needs to be drawn somewhere. There are maybe 4 threads worth viewing on front page. Sure this is meant to be happy fun time. But hell it's gone on long enough.

It could have been posted on Outside, but no one looks there, I can accept that. Did not need a new fucking thread. She bumped it and could have posted it there.

< / Rant >

xoxoxox

~Barnabie

P.S I call one of Bovines stomachs!

Report Post Tip

JohnMerrick, the parents didn't post the pictures, Morgan did. As I said, I personally don't care much about babies either and perhaps MR is indeed not the most suitable place for that, again... I never said it was. What I commented on and what I will continue commenting on is the way the topic was adressed. This is OOC, does that give Grin the right to be a twat? Perhaps... Should everyone just bluntly accept his behaviour? No way.

SirBarnabieHuckles, thank you for taking the time to copy-pasting the front page and expressing your views on it, it's duly noted.
What I do agree on is that the link could have easily been pasted into tiggy's thread, does that make Morgan a bad person now? Should she get replies of this level? No. Since I know Morgan I know how happy she was seeing those pictures (that she just received) and out of happiness she shares them.

Someone could just have mobmailed helpdesk with the suggestion to move the link into tiggy's thread.. BUT NOBODY DID. So look at where we are now...

Regarding OOC relevance, there's a lot in OOC that hurts my eyes too but everyone here is different, it's not the streets where a character is played out a certain way or where the standards and requirement have/are high expectations. It's OOC, out of character, be yourself. There's some threads out there that make me shake my head and then they get quite some replies... I just shrug and move on, not my cup of coffee you know.

It's not the message, it's how the message was delivered.

Report Post Tip

I for one am happy to see them, I think it's hysterical that people get upset over things like this, some people are so uptight .. 

Go Elizabeth

Report Post Tip

Success! Your message was sent to HelpDesk

Wasn't aware that was possible.

Ty.

xoxox

~Barnabie.

P.S Not saying Morgan is a bad person, she should however know better.

P.P.S I know that whole copy paste job + comments was hard work. It took about the same time to do as 3/4th of the OOC Threads. Sad but true facts.

P.P.P.S "Be yourself" and "ramble on like an idiot" two different things. One is acceptable in OOC one should kindly take itself to outside.

Report Post Tip

Can't believe people are calling dibs on my stomachs.

I'M STILL ALIVE GUYS :(

Anyway poor old grin was probs just angry and it's been blown out of proportion.

Report Post Tip

Folk on both sides need to make sure that they don't get hysterical and prone to overreaction.  This isn't a pissing competition to see who can be most offensive and/or offended.  If the parents have a problem with what Grin's saying, let them take it up with him.

I think this is the nail on the head. There is clearly a divided opinion here, but ultimately, it doesn't really matter and neither side should be getting too worked up about it. Everyone's agreed a baby is a great thing and more than worthy of well wishes. The debate is on whether it should be here. It here and it's done and, by the sounds of it, Barnabie's mailed Helpdesk. That should be the end of it before proper hysteria sets in and things get heated.

Report Post Tip

Grin if you don't want to read threads about the baby then you shouldn't of clicked on it, it was a bit clear from the title that it was about the baby.

Btw boss your babys beautiful :)

Report Post Tip

Thread moved from OOC to Outside. Enjoy your gameplay.

Much love,

Marco.

Report Post Tip

What a great chap! Marco always saving the day. Thanks Marco.

Report Post Tip

What a ridiculous response. I'm baffled as to what gave you the justification to launch into personal attacks on me.

The first point from your response that should be addressed is if this was in Outside, a more appropriate location, I would not have had to see it and thus would not have reacted to it. How is my reaction shameful? I wish nothing but the best for this family, but I don't see them bringing this into the OOC, Rinaldi made his thread long ago, then tiggy made another thread and now we have this one as well - two lines and a gallery link. My complaint, bitching or whatever you want to call it, is that this minimal effort thread is in the wrong place, again.

I don't think I took the worst approach, far from it. I wasn't insulting to anyone involved, unlike you, I wasn't disrespectful to anyone involved, unlike you and I didn't make personal attacks on anyone, unlike you. It is complete invention that my intention was to make people feel bad. I would have thought my intention was quite obvious considering I spelt it out, stop MafiaReturns becoming Facebook and cluttered with garbage in the wrong place. We even have a Jaundies gallery for pictures - I assume so that the game isn't cluttered with pictures of players and their kids? Have I ever complained about people posting pictures on the gallery? No. This is because the gallery, remarkably, is the appropriate place for pictures.

Christmas depression? Hardly, I am in wonderful spirits. Going to go dress up as Santa shortly and go to the local hospital to entertain the Children's Ward filling them with Christmas cheer.

I mean God; your own response is pretty much the point 'I do care about the people that care for those babies...OOC wise' which has nothing to do with IN GAME relevance. For example matters that require to be addressed by a player rather than an individual account. If it requires you to step out of character completely and not be a player at all then you take yourself to the outside forum.

'I'd eat my own arm' is an expression, not a literal description of my evening entertainment.

MrZaza - Again, previous issue about this not being acceptable at all applies. Not sure why nobody understands this, but this is not about IN GAME activity, thus not deemed appropriate for OOC.

My 'harsh message' isn't harsh at all. It is simply dealing with the fact that this is not appropriate and we shouldn't be putting up with this anymore. It isn't even specific to this incident, if this joke of a thread had been made about something else completely irrelevant to the game I would have been posting again, it just happened to be something that I knew people would be fairly emotive about. An unfortunate coincidence, but when things need saying - they need saying.

Again, part of the problem here is that most people will just move along and quietly tolerate this crap but complain behind the scenes about it more vehemently than I ever will. The reason they do that is because they don't want the stigma of being called an asshole, risk losing their account or have someone completely miss the point and make attacks on their character. I get that, but from time to time someone just has to strap the target to their chest and take one for the team, in this case, me. To call garnering resentment and ill feeling a selfish act, as I knew I would, is further ridiculousness. The fact that the reaction to what I've said is mixed vindicates me, I'm clearly not the only one who feels this is out of place and the fact that the staff agree, increasing vindication level to 100%.

If it was my intention to ruin a joyful happening, I would have been disrespectful to the family involved and torched any threads relating to it. I thought it would be obvious that it was not my intention to do that, but apparently people tried to find venom in my reply that didn't exist.

Luckily for me Scipita, as you barely understood what I've said I won't be losing any sleep over your feeling on my approach to it. If the admins of the game feel it is inappropriate and violates game rules then they can remove the post, or if they feel it is particularly awful, send me to admin jail, admin wack me or ban from the game. I however trust that they'll see my post for what it was and not just pretend it is something else entirely to try and construct a defence.

I fail to see where I've 'been a twat' or how my behaviour is unacceptable - certainly the people mailing me agreeing with me don't think so either. I never insulted the family involved and hold absolute no ill will to them and even stated that they had my congratulations on a personal level. The simple truth is that MrZaza should know better. Morgan should know better. You should know better. Anyone at the top of this game should know better. We are not discussing the intricacies and finer points of Cosa Nostra here; this is the basic differences between the forums - which are listed in the help section of the site!

I've mailed Helpdesk and staff in the past and one of the responses I received was 'don't tell us how to do our job' when requesting for posts and threads to be moved. Admittedly this was a long time ago and from someone not part of the staff team anymore, but I steer clear of them and trust in that sentence. We have plenty of staff, recently appointed, who preside over the forums, I have little doubt that without my speaking, this would still be in the OOC forum, incorrectly. But now it isn't and that surely further vindicates me - I am right, this should not have been posted in OOC and threads of similar irrelevance should not be either.

To condense this rather long response, into something more manageable, I was not offensive or inappropriate in my responses to this; I made no insults and called no names. My only crime is being honest in stating that as a player, I didn't care about this at all and I still don't. In OOC I'm in game zone and this has zero relevance to the game and thus zero relevance to me as a player. If you've interpreted what I said as anything other than a legitimate grievance at a nonsense OOC thread, then that is your failing.

In the Outside forum, this is a welcome addition for those who are interested in this sort of thing. Your abuse and insults towards me Scipita are far more offensive than anything I've said in the course of any of my responses and I think that is something you should step back and evaluate. You have made OOC references to my being 'bitter', potentially 'depressed', 'shameful', a 'twat', telling me to 'please go bite [my] arms off' and so on. This was OOC, meaning you as a player are making out of character insults towards me, a fellow player, which if nothing else is completely pathetic. Luckily I'm an adult and take internet slurs from people who have no idea who I am with a heavy pinch of salt. However, I do know that some people would be horribly offended by that sort of conduct and I'm sure if we flipped it around and I said those same things to you, we would be in absolute uproar over it.

Thank you Marco for moving this thread - it is a step in the right direction of tackling the growing problem of inappropriate threads in the OOC forum.

Now that we are in the Outside forum - what an angel, my congratulations to you both.

~G~rin.

This was moved from OOC as I was responding. I felt obligated to visit the Outside forum to conclude my response.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Our MR baby, she is beauiful!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL