Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:05
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Somebody or Just a Big Cock? Started by: Foghorn_Leghorn on Jan 16, '10 18:51

So I am am usually a pretty vocal Bird, I say I talk A LOT.

So I, I say.. I guess it's a little over due for me to come out here to the streets and talk about respect, son.

I think some of these, over ranked punks, think that because they have Boss next to their name and that I have Wise Guy next to mine that I am supposed to just bow down while they disrespect me. Now I know that some of you are saying "Ahh, Yea.. of course you are" No sah! Now under normal circumstances I would agree with you and say, rank means everything, son. To be clear, I am not suggesting that only I am the exception to the rule.

What I would like to talk about is extenuating circumstances...son! In this case, the extenuating circumstance being that members of the immediate Godfather family should be afforded the same respect and "positional ranking" as any Family Head...with, of course, the exception of the Godfather/Godmothers.

So when I get some punk come up to me and pick my pocket then laugh at me, I start to boil a bit. I don't give a fuck about $5000, that's nothing to me, son! What I do care about...I say...is someone thinking they can disrespect me by laughing at me; Expecting me to be "OK" with him coming to me and doing exactly the opposite of what he expects others to afford him as far as respect goes.

That was a little wordy so, let me make an example...purely hypothetical I assure you, sah.

Lets say cam121 picked my pocket.

"He's 1) not in my family 2) didn't have previous consent and 3) didn't ask first and get an okay" (By the way cam121, 2 and 3 are the exact same thing, you should probably have people proof read the signs you put on your back, just in case someone that can't even read...like this rooster comes along and points it out to the world) Then when I say, "hey give me $500k and I don't take a shot at you", he comes back and laughs at me after giving me the OK to shoot him...(and yes he did give me permission to shoot him) Why don't I shoot him? Because I'd likely miss, and I don't' ever shoot without permission from MY Godmother.

Now this scenario is full of disrespectful banter, one: he's doing the opposite of what he expects from others; my momma told me never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. Two: he is laughing in the face of someone that is positionally superior to him. Three...he is doing it on some other family's turf. I guess the only thing he did right was not doing it on MY turf... I look for the good in all people, son.

Lemme ask the masses...am I out of line? Being a wiseguy makes me a wiseguy no matter who I roll with?

Or am I on point suggesting that because I am a member of the very few most trusted members of a Godfather's immediate family that I deserve the respect that suggests?

Lets hear it, I say Lets hear it Y'all!

Signed,
The Big Cock

Report Post Tip

Excuse me. Did you just admit to threatening the life of one of my bosses?

Report Post Tip

Perhaps you missed the point Don Lucretia.

And Yes I did.

Report Post Tip

Boogie over hears Mr.LegHorn. As he walks over to where he having his moment on the soap box. As he continues to get closer he hear Miss Lucretia speak about Mr.LegHorn basically admitting he threaten another member.

I have a couple quick questions Mr.LegHorn.

1)What city were you in at the time? Some cities have policies about PickPocketing .

2) Did you really say Hey if you don't give me my $500k I'm gonna take a shot at you?  My friend you can't run around saying stuff like that. If you do your only causing a problem for yourself.

Boogie stands back waiting to hear his answers to his questions.

Report Post Tip

Excuse me?

Seeing as there seems to be some confusion here, seeing as we have a wise guy, not yet a friend of ours having earned their button believing that as they have been welcomed into the headquarters of a godfather they hold the same positional role as a don crew leader in this thing of ours, I'll happily pull rank here so there's no possibility for further mistake...

To echo Lucretia's justifable and very understandable concerns and unease at this...

Did you just admit to threatening the life of one of my cities bosses? Having not spoken directly to any member of New York upper structure and then proceed to try and blackmail the aforementioned member without the input of either your leader or anyone from New York?

Report Post Tip

LegHorn I've been around these shores less than Twenty Minutes and I can honestly say that was the stupidest thing I've seen in a month

Report Post Tip

Just to answer the title of this thread, I would have to go with Big Cock.

Report Post Tip

No, perhaps you missed the point. By all means show me where I am going wrong on this if my understanding of what you just said is incorrect. But if I am hearing this correctly, you are saying that you saw fit to go over the head of your own Godmother, and more importantly in my mind myself and the rest of New York, and take matters into your own hands by blackmailing one of my bosses with the threat of death ... All because you were a little bit upset about some tiny sum of cash being taken from your back pocket when you weren't looking. This, despite such behavior being in direct defiance of the normal way of dealing with such a situation and grievously disrespectful to one of my highest ranking members. I can't imagine this is normal Las Vegas policy, threatening other families' bosses, disrespecting them, and then boasting about it in the streets like it's your proudest moment. I certainly hope it is not.

Report Post Tip

Yes Godfather, I did threaten the life of one of your Bossess. This, of course, only after your Boss attacked me. You see, sir, had I got home after walking about the streets and noticed $5000 missing from my pockets I would have said "Crap, someone ripped me off"

But that's not what happened at all, I was assaulted, I identified my attacker and tried to stop him, unfortunately the attacker was to fast and ran away laughing at me.

We can twist it all up any way you like. We can call it justifiable. We can call it an act at your local theater. We could even call it "being even".

But again that's not the point of the discussion, I have no problem admitting to anything I have done, I'm no threat to anyone. The point here is as a Wiseguy in a Godmother family, should I be afforded more respect than someone of equal rank in a Non-Godfather family?

Report Post Tip

It's seems to be a nuance of how life works on the streets here that you would be able to become a member of the immediate Godfather family without even being a mademan. If I was a made member of the same Godfather family I'd be asking why some associate was sat along side me thinking he has any rights let alone the same rights as other leaders.

Report Post Tip

No one is twisting anything up at all. You clearly admitted of threatening another member of another family. We see that your in a GodMothers family but you shouldn't get anymore respect as joe out on the streets that are the same rank as you. If you were MadeMan then I could understand I bit more. Non the less you threaten another member over a few dollars and you are wrong for doing so. Its plain and simple and you can't get around it man.

Report Post Tip

Foghorn_Leghorn, I will answer your question if you like and also offer you a rope with which to climb, you might need it as the hole you are digging is getting ever deeper.

No, as a member of a Godmother Crew (note the use of the word member, not family member), you do not demand more respect than a boss in another family. Nor do you demand more respect than a member in a Mademan family, why should you? Godmother Aurora has worked hard to achieve her rank and deserves every bit of respect given to her. You are privilged to be given shelter with her, providing you with a great platform from which to launch your career in this world. You earn your own respect though, you make your own name, I would personally never trade on the back of someone elses reputation, nor do I think you should.

I've earned my rank and expect the respect due me as a result, go and earn your respect, don't expect it through proxy.

Report Post Tip

The point here is as a Wiseguy in a Godmother family, should I be afforded more respect than someone of equal rank in a Non-Godfather family?

This is far from the point here my young friend.

When a mere associate, not yet a made man, regardless of what family they find themselves in starts to believe he holds as much weight as a don leader... that's a far more important point.

When that associate then proceeds to attempt to blackmail a made member from another city, without so much as a note to the relevant leader or godfather... both happily sitting in a nearby coffee shop at the time, that's a far more important point. It's one showing disrespect to a leader that DOES outrank you and to a godfather that DOES outrank you.

When that associate then proceeds to bring all of this to the streets, taking private business into the public realm, it can be looked upon as nothing less than a slap in the face to those involved.

While you may feign upset and outrage at this 'assault', as you choose to describe it, which was totally harmless and of no consequence to you what so ever... it very much pales into insignificance (which it already was, even without a comparison) with the acts you have carried out against me, Don Lucretia and my city.

Report Post Tip

I can here the shots from the HQ already. Get ready to find out how much respect you've earned when you get shot by someone you "are more important than"

Report Post Tip

Making threats to other cities bosses about minor pickpocketing incidents isnt normal Las Vegas policy. That I can assure you all of. As for this incident, I had to disagree with my fellow Vegas resident Foghorn_Leghorn. A spot within a Godfather or Godmother crew doesn't mean you're any more important than anyone else in the other cities. As a Wiseguy, you should always respect those who have already been made.

As for the loss of the cash, there is not much I can offer. I'm a firm believer in being able to pickpocket anyone who you can pick pocket. In cities that have firm pick pocketing rules, I follow those rules because its the proper thing to do. But in cities where pickpocketing is a free for all event, I only respect the pockets of fellow Dons and those pockets of the Godfathers and Godmothers. If you where in a city where the pickpocketing rule was broke, you had a small case, until you made these threats.

Report Post Tip

Mr Leghorn, your entire argument is based on false pretenses. For example:

the extenuating circumstance being that members of the immediate Godfather family...

The problem here, of course, is that you are not in the family, but a
mere associate. Being made actually means something. Until then, yes,
you must deal with not only disrespect, but even being slapped around
and treated like dirt, if a made man chooses to do so. Of course, you have free will, so if you choose not to take that sort of abuse you can always pull out your gun and shoot him, but it will not end well for you.

Two: he is laughing in the face of someone that is positionally superior to him

No, you're not.

I guess the only thing he did right was not doing it on MY turf.

You have no turf.

Report Post Tip

Well, I'm not made yet but my family has been on these shores for awhile and the only thing I can say is that I was pickpocketed in the same way but I have more respect for others above me to "make a beef" in the streets about it...My humble advice is to get over it and tell your future family members about this experience so that they won't make the same mistake that you did my friend.

Report Post Tip

If you where in a city where the pickpocketing rule was broke, you had a small case, until you made these threats.

Should it have occured in a city where cam121 had breached a city rule.. then sure, if the correct channels were followed then it's a legitimate concern.

However, even in such a case, making a threat against a member in this manner was completely out of order and would still have led to the outrage I currently feel.

For a mere associate to believe he is in a position to try and blackmail a member of my city without so much as a word to me or my don, again, even without the outrageous death threat... would cause the outrage I feel regardless of the far lesser breach of pickpocketing rules.

However, when the pickpocket was carried out in a city which has no rules against it occuring, it gives no room for trying to claim a defence for this completely unwarrented course of events. Events which have left me extremely unhappy.

If the man in question had gone as far as taking an unwarrented shot on Foghorn, the least I would have expected was a note on the matter for myself or Don Lucretia. For death threats to be thrown around in the absense of even a note about such a minor event, one that was totally in keeping with all city and family rules applicable...

Was there a third option available in the original question which goes a lot further and comes close to describing this outragious series of moves, if so, I'll go with that one.

Report Post Tip

"Being a wiseguy makes me a wiseguy no matter who I roll with"    Pretty much...

Then when I say, "hey give me $500k and I don't take a shot at you"    Well,why would he give you 500k($500,000) if he only took 5k($5,000) and you,being a wiseguy,shouldn't run around threatening a boss,or anybody for the matter.

"I don't give a fuck about $5000, that's nothing to me, son!"    Did you just call me son..?

"So when I get some punk come up to me and pick my pocket then laugh at me, I start to boil a bit."      I'd laugh my ass off myself if I took something from your pocket and you asked for it back.

"I guess the only thing he did right was not doing it on MY turf"    You  have a turf...?

Report Post Tip

I am still finding it hard to believe that most of this fuss started because you lost 5000 on the streets....you should have just learned to bank your money and not be disrespectful to people above you.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Somebody or Just a Big Cock?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL