May 08 - 03:56:26
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Reaper Daily Issue 3 Started by: The-Reaper on Jan 19, '10 19:44

Reaper Daily
by:The-Reaper.

The War of Jan 17th.
By Scandia.

So, there was a war.

You wouldn't know it though. Why? because no-one has actually commented on it.

Someone started it yet they have not explained why. Some people joined in half way through, maybe they want that to remain a poorly kept secret, and are keeping quiet in the hope they can slink off unheard from and some people sat out and I am sure would like to declare their stance. However, it isn't something you just walk to the streets and declare in my experience.

It is all quite amusing to me. A large majority of our higher ranked family members have died. Nothing to date has been said about it. The losers cannot come out here and explain themselves. They are dead. The victors don't seem to be willing to do so and as such alot of rumour and hear say is floating around our world right now.

No, you don't have to explain yourselves to the little people like us. However, it would be nice, just once in a while, to see a leader that convinced by their own action that they walk out into the streets and go "Yeah, I did it because of A, B and C. I believe 100% in my own actions"

It isn't a case of people wanting to know reasons so they can pick holes in your reasoning. It's just so they know why their family members died and how it can be avoided in the future.

Will we see any leader come out now? I doubt it. Why? because the time has passed. The reasons soon to be forgotten and it's just another war without conviction.

Latest Deaths:
by:The-Reaper.

esquizofrene None Gangster Dead Jan 12, '30 19:21 Jan 19, '30 19:21
Bart_shinigami None Gangster Dead Jan 12, '30 19:09 Jan 19, '30 19:09
Anthony_Brennan None Gangster Dead Jan 12, '30 18:29 Jan 19, '30 19:00
MezzaninE Mux Gangster Dead Jan 17, '30 19:13 Jan 19, '30 18:58
BrendaLucchese None Gangster Dead Jan 12, '30 18:57 Jan 19, '30 18:58
Wellinrange None Gangster Dead Jan 16, '30 18:30 Jan 19, '30 18:53
TommyT None Gangster Dead Jan 17, '30 18:42 Jan 19, '30 18:47
Ciro-King None Gangster Dead Jan 12, '30 18:42 Jan 19, '30 18:43
larry_clark None Gangster Dead Jan 12, '30 17:32 Jan 19, '30 18:38

Drug Prices: NYC
By:The-Reaper.

[NY] Marijuana $246
[NY] Mushrooms $90
[NY] Hashish $463
[NY] Opium $549
[NY] Amphetamines $934
[NY] Grain Alcohol$1,000
[NY] Morphine $1,353
[NY] Barbiturates$5,157
[NY] Heroin $8,440
[NY] Cocaine $9,271

Advertisements.

Reaper Daily is looking for some paid advertisers to help pay for new writers, please mail The-Reaper for prices on street and business advertisements. Price negotiations are allowed.

The-Reaper places the stack on the ground but before allowing them to be sold he turns around and asks everyone a question.

"Now today due to some unforeseen events this issue almost missed its deadline, now do to this i do not want to change the order of the paper without consulting its readers. The question is should Reaper daily become, Reaper Weekly, or keep it's name and only produce its papers bi-daily or just stay the same and find someone to place the paper on the streets in my absence? Please tell us at Reaper Daily your opinions."

Report Post Tip

I hate to nit-pick at your Paper, but that was an aweful ballsy Article for a goomba.

Report Post Tip

Interesting read but for all the wrong reasons.

Essentially this is just the unfounded ramblings of a Goomba who I'm willing to bet thought was writting an anonymous piece of "journalism". I'm also pretty sure that this was written some time ago. How do I know? I've just heard Godmother Rourke detail why the war took place and then Godfather Deimne provide further explaination, though none was needed, as to the details of why New York held their fire initially.

I do not presume to tell you how to run your business but might I suggest hiring an editor for your paper?

Report Post Tip

Hey no one else submitted for an article and he said he wrote for a paper before so you do the math mr.Noname

Report Post Tip

well mr.wraith normaly i work as my own editor and writer and almost everthing else but i guess if some one is willing to edit i could hire them, but i would like to focus on getting more writers first.

Report Post Tip

Agreed _____. (Sounds weird saying I agree to a line). How rather strange.

Anyway, back on topic. This paper has been terrible since it started. Must admit though, this is alot better than it's previous papers. However, maybe before you published it you might have wanted to take a look at the streets?

Godmother ScipitaRourke and Godfather Deimne have both explained their reasons for the masses. As you are quite well aware, no they didn't have to. It's not really for anyone to question.

I can also remember each and every war my family line has seen of late has had some sort of reason given to the masses afterwards. Papers are usually about facts. Get them right before publishing please.

Or are you tabloid?

Report Post Tip

I'd also suggest it's an aweful out of date one. Given that comments have been made on the war, as has been the case with every recent war I can think of so hardly 'once in a while', by many of the parties involved.

Sadly, they (or we if you wish) have other things pressing on their (or our, I'm easy) time (2 new godfathers, numerous new auths, getting these families up and running, etc etc) so that voluntary discussions on a war take a back seat until things are put in place. That said, thank you for the patience shown while these things were being done. It's greatly appreciated.

Report Post Tip

A newspaper normally has more than one story... This is more like a newsletter. I do not believe articles with very little effort beyond writing down some drug prices that will be obsolete shortly after publication and quickly referring to the death register and scrambling for names of those recently departed count as articles personally..

Maybe a little more research would be something to keep in mind for your next effort because at this point you do not stand a chance against the more robust (and censored) publications by Lucretia..

This is something one with a little less heart than myself would line their birdcage with. Good effort though, as my friend PJ said it is better than some of days gone by.

Report Post Tip

well as i mention late in the paper that I have become rather bussy fast in the last day or two, and as far as you not liking this paper I can only say that is your choice, and if it were a tabloid my paper would be filled, I am a compulsive lier and i am good at it. :)

Report Post Tip

Hey no one else submitted for an article and he said he wrote for a paper before so you do the math mr.Noname
Reply by: The-Reaper at Jan 19, '10 19:55

Please don't be defensive towards a respectful observation, It is very rude.

Report Post Tip

sorry i didn't mean to seem rude.

Report Post Tip

If you look behind you The-Reaper, you might see my point, as I believe it just flew over your head.

The sole article you have included is from a goomba who not an hour previously replied to a speech by Godmother Rourke about why the war took place, thus making the observation of "Someone started it yet they have not explained why" a nonesense.

That very same person then questioned why New York entered late and recieved a suitably sarcastic and I suspect deliberately patronising response from Godfather Deimne and rightly so, who are we to question a Godfathers actions. Thus making a mockery of the next point, "Some people joined in half way through, maybe they want that to remain a poorly kept secret". It was indeed a poorly kept as in fact it was announced to the world.

Report Post Tip

well i can see that his writings will not be helpful for my paper, should i fire him Mr.Wraith?

Report Post Tip

"It isn't a case of people wanting to know reasons so they can pick holes in your reasoning."

Wait, what? No way, that's what it is ALWAYS about. That's part of the fun. Let's not kid ourselves.

Report Post Tip

Question: What is the name of the funeral home where the body of BrendaLucchese rests?

I have flowers I'd like delivered, but need an address to send them to.

Report Post Tip

I kinda liked Scandia's article.  Outdated yes, but that was more the publisher's fault than Scandia's no doubt.  Let's face it, the average soldier has a right to be concerned about the reasoning behind so many deaths.  We'll loyally serve our families, yes, and we'll fire our guns without question; hell, I'll eat nails for my family without a second thought.  That being said, a timely explanation in the streets is always welcome.

Everyone is quick to dump on this guy's paper - and certainly The Reaper Daily would benefit from more content and less press - but who else was even making an attempt to explain what the hell was going on these last couple of days.  Look you won't find a bigger follower of Omerta than myself, but I remember when these streets were much livelier with discussion and there was an informed attempt at including those who didn't frequent the back rooms.  

Anyway - the explanation from the leadership that is now known on the streets is much appreciated and has brought some clarity.  But you have to admit, Scandia had a point.

Report Post Tip

Okay I'm gonna start proof reading these articles but to make time i'm just gonna have to turn this into a weekly paper.

Report Post Tip

<em>Aimlessly walking by he picks up a copy of the paper and drops a nickel in its place </em>

Good day to you sir and may all the trees be cut down so that you may continue to provide me with more drug prices

Report Post Tip

PoisonousJelly is right about this one Reaper...

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/82394

It was entirely explained in the streets, next time check out your facts with your leaders. If you came to me before publishing, i would of told you to check out that speach. If you are going to publish something, you have to check the streets on a daily baisis. People are right about this one... better luck next time. I would like to thank the leaders for explaining the whole war situation in the streets, for me... it was clear as water. I apologize on behalf of the name of Montreal Connection. The facts were clearly explained, Reaper did'nt come to us before publishing.

-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

Another fantastically researched edition from someone who is clearly "in the know".

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reaper Daily Issue 3
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL