Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 07:21:45
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Dispatches from the War - New World Order? Started by: TGFTB on Jan 20, '10 06:47

The war that tore through the eight cities was bloody and costly. Hundreds died, including Godfathers and well protected Dons. Little has come about in the way of explanation. This is how I see it. Presently, Philly are far and away the most powerful city; they have the most powerful families and are the most coherent and united family. They had representation in LA and influence everywhere else. After the war, essentially, satellites of the Philly families will be in control of SL, LA, LV and possibly DT. Relations and influence remain good with Ch and NY. This should be explanation enough - ScipitaRourke is the de facto Capo Di Tutti Capi of this thing of ours - she went to war because she could, she summarized that many would die but what would be left behind would be rebuilt in the image of Philly with her ar the helm. In my opinion, Scipita is a good enough Godmother - but she has too much power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. None of the sitting GF's would take a stand against her at the moment.
Now, Scipita killed my father and a lot of his relatives - that's fine, she had her reasons and I respect them - so, please, comment not on who I am but what I say.
Is it good for this thing of ours to be controlled by one person? What is the logical conclusion of this? Scipita (or another 'Tutti') would find that there is in effect no longer any 'wars' in the sense that we just had one (albeit one that Philly was never going to lose - in fact, was never even going to sustain devastating casualties) but instead there will be 'internal housekeeping' across the eight cities and the killing of anyone who doesn't toe the line.
Please understand, this is not a personal attack on Scipita - or on Philly - if my genes did not prohibit me from re-joining, I surely would. This is merely a point of view being offered and perhaps a warning. Presently, the power is being held by basically one person with a small group around them. It should be held by a small group of individuals, negotiating (and, yes, going to war) to protect their interests.
I will finish by saying that if I were in her shoes, I might well have done the same thing. After all, getting a taste of eight cities and having control of hundreds is better than one (or two or three) cities. But - long term - is it best for this thing of ours?

Report Post Tip

The war that tore through the eight cities was bloody and costly. Hundreds died, including Godfathers and well protected Dons. Little has come about in the way of explanation. This is how I see it. Presently, Philly are far and away the most powerful city; they have the most powerful families and are the most coherent and united family. They had representation in LA and influence everywhere else. After the war, essentially, satellites of the Philly families will be in control of SL, LA, LV and possibly DT. Relations and influence remain good with Ch and NY. This should be explanation enough - ScipitaRourke is the de facto Capo Di Tutti Capi of this thing of ours - she went to war because she could, she summarized that many would die but what would be left behind would be rebuilt in the image of Philly with her ar the helm. In my opinion, Scipita is a good enough Godmother - but she has too much power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. None of the sitting GF's would take a stand against her at the moment.

Now, Scipita killed my father and a lot of his relatives - that's fine, she had her reasons and I respect them - so, please, comment not on who I am but what I say.

Is it good for this thing of ours to be controlled by one person? What is the logical conclusion of this? Scipita (or another 'Tutti') would find that there is in effect no longer any 'wars' in the sense that we just had one (albeit one that Philly was never going to lose - in fact, was never even going to sustain devastating casualties) but instead there will be 'internal housekeeping' across the eight cities and the killing of anyone who doesn't toe the line.
Please understand, this is not a personal attack on Scipita - or on Philly - if my genes did not prohibit me from re-joining, I surely would. This is merely a point of view being offered and perhaps a warning. Presently, the power is being held by basically one person with a small group around them. It should be held by a small group of individuals, negotiating (and, yes, going to war) to protect their interests.

I will finish by saying that if I were in her shoes, I might well have done the same thing. After all, getting a taste of eight cities and having control of hundreds is better than one (or two or three) cities. But - long term - is it best for this thing of ours?

Report Post Tip

Life has always been good to most mafioso when there has been one supreme leader in this thing of ours.

If you look back through the pages of history, under Evsie, Anita, Marrietta... life was great for anyone who wanted nothing more than to earn money and exist in peace and harmony. After all, isn't that what we're all about?

We loathe a power vacuum for the instability it causes, the constant battle to see who will come out on top.

That said, for those who are unhappy with one person or city holding all the cards, the presence of unlimited BGs has not removed the option for a dedicated group to exact change, just somewhat increased the work and numbers required.

Report Post Tip

*Looks above*

Well, yes, I can see your point.  But what about those that set up and are deemed a threat from the holder of all the power?  THey can attack - without reason - and sacrifice a lot of their own members in the process.

Report Post Tip

I don't know who you are or who your father was but I don't mind telling you that you are speaking pish. Infact, you're speaking so much pish that I'm not going to waste my time posting a long-winded, coherent reply arguing why you are speaking pish. Suffice to say that people can hear your speech for themselves and any intervention is needless.

Report Post Tip

*Looks at Hoopi and sighs*

Extremely well protected you may well be - but, dude, really, go and grow up - you can't challenge the points raised so break into broad Scots dialect and make a fool of yourself.

Go and play with the Gangsta's - You remind me on a fellow named Premeir...

Report Post Tip

What he is saying is that you have no absolutely no idea what is going on in the eight cities at the current moment. That's fine and dandy, it's not a slight against you. It's not like you are less of a person for not knowing all the ins and outs of the world here, where the power lies, and the general politics. Hell, you are probably a better person for it. Unfortunately, this makes your attempt at a speech about the current power structure a bit laughable.

Report Post Tip

I weep every single day for the death of Omerta.

Report Post Tip

What does my BG status have to do with it, and did I say something that led you to believe I was immature? What do you mean I can't challenge them? Do you mean because they're infallible?

Little has come about in the way of explanation.

First fail. Godmother Scipita has made a speech explaining already and Godfather Deimne also commented on his decision to enter the war.

Presently, Philly are far and away the most powerful city; they have the most powerful families and are the most coherent and united family. They had representation in LA and influence everywhere else. After the war, essentially, satellites of the Philly families will be in control of SL, LA, LV and possibly DT. Relations and influence remain good with Ch and NY.

This is possibly the funniest bit of your speech. Ignoring the fact the opening statement is your opinion only, and picking up on the latter part, are you saying that LV and Detroit - run by GF Lucretia and GF Pedro, respectively - are effectively under the control of Philly? This is despite the fact that Detroit is long-established and the city head of Las Vegas left New York only days ago? That is a massive insult to both of these cities. Regarding LA, whilst PoisonousJelly has his roots in Philly, are you insinuating that he's running his city for Philly rather than himself? Another insult. You're on fire. Finally, you throw Chicago and New York into the mix for good measure. Is there anyone Philly is not controlling or influencing in your opinion?

No it's not a good situation to be in, but thankfully it's a not a situation we find ourselves in despite your best efforts to throw something together here. So, now that Philly have cleared up shop, all that's required is some low level maintenance to keep the rest in shape? Can you be this ignorant? I'm starting to think it's a wind-up. Note, however, if this was a war that Philly were never going to lose, then you could have told Detroit and New York up front to save them losing valued members in a war assistance you reckon wasn't needed.

Presently, the power is being held by basically one person with a small group around them. It should be held by a small group of individuals, negotiating (and, yes, going to war) to protect their interests. I will finish by saying that if I were in her shoes, I might well have done the same thing. After all, getting a taste of eight cities and having control of hundreds is better than one (or two or three) cities.

So we've now progressed from varying levels of control over these shores to, basically, Scipita controlling all cities and their collective members? That answers my previous question about whether there was anyone you thought Philly wasn't controlling. Give yourself a shake will you.

I will give you credit for one thing though, you reeled me in. Also, I did find that quite hard to argue coherently....I was struggling to come up with anything worth saying in response to such unadulterated shite. There's another good Scottish word for you.

Report Post Tip

Brutus..  I know fine well what's going on in the eight cities..  I fear you do not and have made yourself look silly.  But anyway - it's more a philisophical point aboput power and thig thing, know what I mean?

Report Post Tip

Oh, and before you ask, no I don't know the exact situation either. As hinted by Brutus; you or I are not important enough on these shores to know these things.

Report Post Tip

Hoopi - well done on stringing an argument together - will respond in due course - work beckons

Report Post Tip

BombaySapphire hears the man on the corner speaking and decides to give his two cents

Sir with all do respect Godmother Scipita is a great leader to Philly but holds no power over the other cities. She may have their respect and friendship at the moment but if history has taught us nothing it has taught that alliances change all the time. And for you sir to think that Philly has more power then lets say New York or any other one city, that is just misguided babble. Every city may not be the same but no one city has absolute power and if it did all the other cities would rally together to take out the tyrant who tried to control them. Anyway who am I to speak anyway I am just a lowly gangster in this world just thought I'd share my opinion on the matter.  Back to the bar with me I need another drink.

BombaySapphire stumbles away looking for the nearest bar to get a cocktail

Report Post Tip

TGFTB, your attempts to patronise are about as successful as your attempts at a speech. No need to respond to me though, I've wasted enough breath here.

Report Post Tip

Hmm..with respect sir, you sit there and admit that if you had the power, you would do the exact same thing...so why sit here and moan about it? jealously that they have it and you don't? bitter about your fathers death? or perhaps both?

I fail to see how this world is being run by one person when I can see 3 others with just enough power to run it, so perhaps this world is being run by a group of friends, but its not ran by one person, so your facts are wrong.
Looking back in the past and remembering my fathers journal that had names in it of leaders who soul controlled the place by themselves, we should be thankful that the powerful one's of today are nothing like those before, for the one's we have now are not power hungry, more like power resourceful, i.e..letting us know they have the power, but not abusing it kind of thing..that's the way I see it anyway.

Report Post Tip

Strangulation, you miss the point I'm trying to make - almost anyone would love to be running the show - but that doesn't make it a good thing.  People need protected from people? Essentially - there will be peace, of a sort, for some time - but it will be at the coercive end of the scale.  Where there is repression there will be resistence - how will that manifest?  In war - or in disengagement?  I fear disengagement, and then this thing of ours may go like another thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

I'm going to ignore the fact at your lack of general knowledge first of all, of Philly or any other city for that matter.

I'm waiting for that one little word to pop out of your mouth which I know your just itching to use. "Tyrant."

First of all, Scipita would have to be telling other godfathers what to do to be a Tyrant, is she? No.

Secondly, for Scipita to be a tyrant she would have to shoot anyone who disagreed with anything she said, does she? No.

Finally, to be a tyrant she would have to shoot anyone who did anything that she didnt tell them to do, does she? No.

Case Closed, come back when you have a clue about what you are talking about.

Report Post Tip

Er, well, name with no name, since I haven't said, or implied, or would say or imply that Scipita is a tyrant - that makes your post somewhat silly and redundant - doesn't it?

I described her as Boss of Bosses

Report Post Tip

TGF,
Didn't you claim that she controls all the cities? by stating that she controls all the cities is calling her a tyrant without actually saying it..how else can she control the cities?

Report Post Tip

I described her as Boss of Bosses

Meaning she "Controls" the other Godfathers? Meaning she would be a Tyrant.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dispatches from the War - New World Order?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL