Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:53:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What ticks Wraith off Started by: Wraith on Jan 24, '10 17:27

I am a grumpy individual.

I'll state this right from the off, alot of things piss me off.

Recenlty, I've been listening to conversations in the street, reading various papers and watching bizarre events take place and true to form, it's starting to piss me off. I'm quite a vocal person and as such, I wanted to share with you all these various things that are pissing me off with a view to maybe starting a grumpy society of sorts.

How many Godmothers does it take to write a paper?

The news papers. I've voiced my thoughts about The-Reaper's daily paper and I don't think one of them was positive. I will say that he is trying to make it better but alas, the latest addition was still shit. Someone then released a weekly and guess what? That too was shit. An innacurate portayal of the war, a list of dead people which anyone can see in the obits, a joke that isn't a joke and then a list of the recent auths and relocations. Some of the topics are worthy of news, sure they are however don't just list shit, be a journalist and talk about it, write it in a way that will make people want to read it. I could honestly do a better job pissed, I'm not going to write a paper, I simply do not have the time and wouldn't want to write a half hearted paper only to be branded a poor journalist. Since Godmother Marietta, I think Godmother Lucretia_Borgia is the only person that has written a paper worth reading, my plea, please go read one of their editions and think about what you release.

Ranking Zombie

Don Paul_Vidi died, someone whom I never met but someone who I believe was worthy of his position and a good leader, I actually did respect the man. Add to that the fact that I truely hate to see people die from a gun malfunction, it is a regrettable risk you take when shooting and so I would like to say Rest in Peace Don Vidi, I hope you find a better place.

Why has it pissed me off then? Paul_Vidi died a Don. He was buried a Godfather. When Godmother Rourke announced this to the world I was waiting for the tyrade of questions to the gods however none came. So I shall question it, how the fuck can someone die and get promoted?! I'm sure you are all aware that each rank in our society has a certain criteria, all of which must be met to achieve each rank and although not stated as a requirement, namely because it's so obvious it doesn't need voicing, is the requirement of being alive.

Anticipating people advising me that he earned the rank and so deserved it, quite simply I think that is rubbish. At the time of writing this, I am an earner. I am 100% certain that I have all the criteria to achieve the rank of Wiseguy except time, I need to wait for the required length of time to achieve such a rank. If I died now, when that amount of time has passed, I will still be an earner - of course I will! I am dead - I can not rank when dead! I don't care how hard I have worked, how much effort I have put in, I am an earner and therefore will be buried an earner.

Delaware City, I want to go.

The recent discovery of Delaware City and their mysterious leader, Don Tyler Durden has raised some questions. I've looked into it and found out it is place that breeds mindless halfwits that occasionally invade our cities. I know people who have tried talking to these individuals, not a peep back. Why? Because they are robots, manufactured for one purpose, to run around our streets and get shot at. Sound strange? That's because it is, it's damn wierd and in my humble opinion, something that should be obliterated. That's why I want to go to Delaware City, to go in and destroy the place.

Miserable and lonely?

Applications to the yet to be named Grumpy Society are now open, yet to be named as I will undoubtedly come up with an extremely witty name for it. If you wish to apply, first you must read some of the papers out there to get truely pissed off, then feel free to mail me your application.

Report Post Tip

Glad you were able to voice your opinion. It seems as though you could avoid a at least a third of your problem by just not opening the front page of a new paper. But if it makes you feel better to come out and publicaly denounce things like this feel free. You have as much right to say things like this as people do to try and write a paper. Maybe you should think about that

Report Post Tip

Grizzly, had you taken the time to go and see Wraith's replies to the recent news paper outbursts, you would find that he, myself and many others have been putting forward constructive critism to try and help improve these appaling papers. So far our advice has been realitivly ignored, or forgotten about.

I must say I did not witness Godfather Vidi's (Don Vidi's?) death, so his rank at the time is of no concern to me.

I agree 100% that we need to go and destroy Deleware city and it's army of robots, they don't even fire back - Where is the sport?

Wraith, I would like to make an application to your Grumpy Society and will be sending a mail shortly.

Report Post Tip

Grizzly, I read papers as I want to be entertained, I want to find peoples opinions on recent events, I want to know what other peoples views are and I want to know what's going on in our world. Thus far in my life span, all the papers I have read have been shit.

So according to you, I should simply stop reading all papers then?

No, of course I shouldn't, if I did that, I would never find a good paper. And of course people have a right to try and write a paper, I'm merely passing comment that what has been written so far was drivel, I note you didn't defend the papers saying they were good.

As far as denoucing my views on the streets goes, pretty sure that's what the streets are for.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Report Post Tip

Count me in Wraith.  I am grumpier than you can imagine.  I hate all of the things you hate - and I hate them more than you do.  

I also hate armies of bodyguards surrounding Goombas and Thugs (what a ridiculous sight).  I hate that we have amphetamines but not crack; I hate when strangers come up and ask to pickpocket me (how absurd is that?  Yea, sure take my money - and slap my wife on the ass while you're at it!).  My misery knows no boundary; My sorrow is limitless - I am the all crapping song and dance of this world (I think that's how it goes).  The first rule of Grumpy Society is that we don't talk about Grumpy Society, right?  Screw that - I hate these god damn rules and I hate the Grumpy Society.

So can I join?

Report Post Tip

You know what ticks Michael_Sweeney off? People who say things that ticks them off.

Report Post Tip

So you tick yourself off then Michael?

Blagger grins

Report Post Tip

Yep but that's diffrent. I said I hate people who say things that ticks them off. I never said anything about me. Now did I?

Grins

Report Post Tip

Michael, I wanted your comment to be an ironic statement which would have been quite clever, then you go and expose yourself.

You didn't mention yourself, what you did was say that you hate people who say what ticks them off, which was what you had just done, thus saying you hate yourself.

Report Post Tip

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not a person? And you said that people who say what ticks them off, tickls you off, so you said something that ticks you off, and therefore must have ticked yourself off...

Sits down with a thud

Damn my head hurts...

Report Post Tip

Well maybe I do hate myself? Maybe not. Plus anyways why do you go out to the streets and metion what you hate. It's really pointless. You made me waste my time on this. At first you were frustrated and I thought "Geez, what the hell is going on." But nope unstead you say things things you hate. I mean really? I hope you know this ain't being disrespectful about this but....really? Why?

Report Post Tip

Michael_Sweeney, people come to the streets to express opinions, if you can't handle it, maybe you should go play in "Outside" avenue.

Wraith has every right to voice what he believes to be annoying, and sometimes that we can come to hate. Don't like it?

Go find another speech to attend and stop wasting space which could be used for a thoughtful and possibly constructive opinion.

Report Post Tip

Well then how the hell does RHM have more right to empress there opions then regular people. Now think about it. If you say the same words he just said. People would come to the streets and said shut up, this is useless. I should know in other reasons which I can't bring up here. But I quess it's ok that a CL, or a RHM or a LHM.

Report Post Tip

Yay, I get to play.

Michael, I did start by stating that I was going to talk about the things that piss me off. If you didn't want to hear about things that I hated, around about that point an intelligent person would have thought "I don't want to know about what you dislike so I shall walk away." A half wit would have carried on listening, then, disappointed that what was spoken about were things that the speaker dislikes, voiced their opinion and inadvertently told the world they hate themselves, going on to then question the speech.

The reason for my speech was because I wanted to vent, I wanted to stir up emotions and engage in discussion with my peers, hoping for intelligent input and perhaps arguements contrary to my beliefs.

Report Post Tip

You know what Michael? Damn fucking right.

RHM/LHM/CL have a position of power where their opinions actually matter, now just because you are not one of the mentioned, until you are, you can take your own advice.

Report Post Tip

But you still have to say it to the people. This isn't anything important. Keep it to yourself. And you wanted to hope for intelligent input and perhaps arguements contrary to my beliefs? So you wanted to argue. Well you got one right here.

Smiles.

Report Post Tip

And me being RHM has nothing to do with my right to voice my opinion, everyone has that right, if I wasn't RHM, I'd still have said what I said.

Report Post Tip

And me being RHM has nothing to do with my right to voice my opinion, everyone has that right, if I wasn't RHM, I'd still have said what I said.

You realise we are in the mafia right?
You do Crimes, Drug deals?
We even kill people?

You think that you have a "Right" to be plain disrespectful towards a Right Hand by trying to tell him to "Shut the fuck up"?

Good lukc lasting kid.

Report Post Tip

Yeah you probably right. Then get taught about it. Just like everybody else.

Report Post Tip

Luck* even.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What ticks Wraith off
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL