Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 14:45:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Respect the CODE! Started by: MickeyTheAnimal on Feb 11, '10 13:11

i agree with you to a point mickey. i only pickpocet some one who is pickpocket frinedly. and  The_JesTer  rank is nothing to do with just pickpocket some one just cuz you out rank them. Respect if they say no pickpoecting you stay out of  there pocets.

Report Post Tip

Floyd takes one last shot, right on the brink of drunk, but still in a sober state

I understand what you're trying to get at Crazynine, but this is where I think you may have gotten things confused.  Mickey went wrong when he threaten peoples life for pickpocketing him and as even explained by your Godfather, that was the wrong way to go about business.  Especially if a city allows such actions as pickpocketing to be allowed.  That meaning, someone would have to go above that cities rules to put someone to death for attacking them or as we call it pickpocketing.

I personally never said I would kill someone for pickpocketing me.  Though I feel I do have the right to defend the position he took about not wanting to be pickpocketed in the first place.  As many have said, people come to these street corners all the time with this same topic of conversation.  Thing is, it's how you come to the corner and present your argument.  On another note, people pickpocket me all the time and never once have I complained, even when I see them in plain view.  I don't even respond to it.  Now having said that, that doesn't mean I agree with them attacking me, but given the rules we have there's really nothing a person can do.  So I accept it the same as others and move on.

PJ took the same stance as Godfather Deimne.  You never threaten members of this world with death unless, like Godfather Deimne, you can enforce it.  Clearly Mickey couldn't enforce it and clearly everyone see's why he died (GRHS).  So honestly I dont see the contradictions you speak of.  It looks pretty simple and clear cut to me, but maybe you see a deeper meaning to this than I chose to dig for. 

Hopefully that cleared things up a little more.  If not, we're no strangers to eachothers familylines and can discuss this more indepth over dinner and away from all these worthless thugs that run around our streets.  Afterall, business is business and I see no point discussing it here in the alley at Post Blvd and Forum Street.

Floyd offers Crazynine's a invitation to have dinner with him and discuss matters privately to clear things up

Report Post Tip

Willam walks in to discuss the pickpocketing issue his old friend Mickey(GRHS) had started

I wish to post a question to everybody here because I myself am confused-I have a badge on my suit that says please let me know if you pickpocket me but I have been pickpocketed multiple times by people who think that there is no need to let me know.I know I am not somebody high ranked but my requests too need to be addresed right?

Willam walks away from the center of the discussion and lights a cigarette,waiting for an answer

Report Post Tip

But that guy over there is a rival! Why would I want to respect him? I
might end up being asked to shoot him in the face by my boss one day.
Should I refrain from doing that because it's not nice? In which case I
should just quit this way of life and become a kindergarten teacher. Or
something. 'cause criming sure ain't friendly.

well Anonimouse you have a point there.
then again, you might end up one day shooting your boss (with all do respect to your boss) but having this idea as an excuse well it's not. Now let me ask you, do you disrespect your boss?

Respect does not have to be for the fam only but to every one, and if one day, a person disrespects you then it's all up to you, but until then, disrespect is not the way!

Report Post Tip

Rank is nothing to do with just pickpocket some one just cuz you out rank them. Respect if they say no pickpoecting you stay out of there pocets.

"I am sorry to say that rank is quite important, like most people have said, Philidelphia has a great rule for pickpocketing someone, which is a very fair way to do it, the people who are Made, have worked very hard for their rank, and they deserve to be able to pickpocket someone who is lower than them, you should show respect to the people higher rank than you, because they've worked, if you haven't been Made yet, then just pickpocket people with their permission, that is how you would show respect for the people who out rank you."

Lucifer lights a cigarette and leans against the wall

Report Post Tip

MobFloyd, I don't think CrazyNine is getting things confused. Whilst you are now acknowledging that Mickey was wrong for making threats he had no power to enforce, you didn't initially. I see no problem in you defending his dislike of pickpocketing, but it was fairly obvious that he was going down the wrong path from the moment he opened his mouth. However, infact, at one point in your defence of him you said:

BULL SHIT! As Anonimouse also said, "Why would I want to respect him", in terms of pickpocketing that is.  So why should that person respect you and not put a bullet in your head for it?

This isn't very condemning of his actions to an outsider, not to mention the fact it was a while after Deimne had already told Mickey exactly why he wouldn't be shooting any New Yorker for pickpocketing him. To me, this is what CrazyNine seems to be pointing out, contradictions between your initial stance, PoisonousJelly's stance when he heard, and your own thoughts latterly which don't seem aligned with earlier comments, perhaps in the heat of the moment. That said, he's dead now, little point in dwelling.

Report Post Tip

There is definately little point in dwelling Hoopi.

I will say this though, as I think I have already said it I won't go in to it to much.

Mickey was a button man. He had earned his place in my family. Ole Floyd is my RHM. My RHM is extremely loyal and emotional about it. Meaning, he is going to defend my button men when he suddenly becomes out of his depth and is breathing down the neck of multiple NY leaders and their Godfather. It was the right thing to do and I for one am damned happy he did.

Things my have been contractdicted here and there but the fact of the matter remains. When it comes to pickpocketing my stance on it is clearly stated on the city rules. Maybe Mickey had missed the numerous chances he had to go take a look at it and the notice in my HQ about it or maybe it just plain went in one ear and out the other. Either way, he is dead because of it.

To also suggest that I've not had a word with Floyd of there whole debacle is stupid.

Report Post Tip

MrClean, than you very much for keeping up to date and talking to a dead guy.

Willam, feel free to stop by my OOC'itis clinic should you wish to know what a "post" really is. Anyway, to your question, the answer is "no". But only in the sense that your godfather doesn't consider PP'ing an issue he can be bothered with. You are being disrespected, technically, but it is so minor, that you are better off trying not to get upset about it rather than trying to force people to identify themselves to you.

Hoopi's interpretations of my words were spot on, by the way. Thank you, Hoopi.

Floyd, I appreciate the kind offer. However, I think I will pass on talking about the subject over that meal, which I may still enjoy with you due to the history our bloodlines have.  Your explanation does clear a few things up while leaving a new few questions in their place but I feel that no matter how friendly we are, it would not be my place to ask them, not even over a private dinner.

-Auset-, I know you were just trying to provide a generic example, but for the life of me that I cannot think of a valid reason to shoot your own boss, other than a pro shot, but given that you are replying to Anonimouse, that example is not the kind of "shoot in the face" Anonimouse was referring to.

Report Post Tip

Respect is something that comes natural to me. I just can't figure out why it's such a problem for some of us...

Report Post Tip

Henry Lloyd enters and has some words to say 

"Pickpocketing is no problem if you can afford it you should return the cash taken any way, if you can afford to lose it then why worry ?"

Report Post Tip

Well personaly... i rarely PP. And people do it anonymously because well... some people make a big fuss out of a PP. And cause a issue to the leaders... that is why the family i am in is PP friendly. We dont really care who puts his hands in our pockets, but he better not make a fuss if we do it back. And if he is doing it anonymously... than he is a coward in my book. If you have the balls to put your hands in another guys pockets, you should have the balls to face the consequences. If you dont... than keep your hands to yourself. Frankly... is it really worth making such a fuss on a PP. Is it worth all the hard work we put into this thing of ours, and end up dead because of such a small crime... if we can even call it a crime. This makes me laugh! Actually, i dont even mind the cops hearing my reply to your speach. Do you think they would make a big fuss out of a PP... i dont! That is all i have to say about this!

Sneakyrat steps down and walks back towards his HQ...

Report Post Tip

Henry stand and applaudes 

"nicely said sneaky rat "

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Respect the CODE!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL