Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 13:24:08
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Honest Mistake Started by: Jazzrik on Feb 18, '10 14:45

Jazzrik walks into the streets of New York knowing his time is almost at an end. His great grandfather had once been a mobster, and Jazzrik had decided to give it a go, easy money he'd thought. Well, things hadn't quite gone according to plan... You see, Jazzrik made a mistake. An honest mistake, but one which was going to cost him his life rather soon.

A local passing by notices the sadness in Jazzrik's eyes, and asks him what could be getting a man so down on such a nice afternoon. Deciding to answer the local, Jazzrik motions for him to take a seat in the park, and starts to tell his story...

What can I tell you lad, I made a mistake, and pretty soon I'm going to pay the ultimate price.

The local, only a boy Jazzrik realises, looks concerned, and asks what the ultimate price means.

Well kid, I'm going to die, but first, I want to tell you a story, a story I hope you take heed of, it's one that could save your life one day. It all started earlier today, I'd just popped into the post office to make a withdrawal. To ensure everything went smoothly I'd purchased what I thought was a toy gun from a local hobo. He said he found it in an alley and would give it to me for some booze.

Jazzrik takes a deep breath and continues with his story.

So anyway, I walked into the post office, showed my gun to the clerk, and made a forced withdrawal to the tune of about a thousand bucks, not bad for 5 minutes work. Walking out of the post office I see a guy with a huge wad of cash hanging out of his pocket. On a high from getting out of the post office with not a problem, I decided to help myself to this guys cash. That was my first mistake, you see, he was an aspiring mobster the same as myself, MickeyMarley was his name, and he'd managed to make a bit of a name for himself with some of those a little higher up in the chain. Well I didn't know this of course, and I was feeling lucky, so I reached into his pocket, and just as I was about to grab hold of the wad of cash, the gun in my hand went off, barely missing MickeyMarley's crown jewels. Boy did I crap my pants, as I can assure you did MickeyMarley. I threw the gun away, and apologised to MickeyMarley, realising he was wearing a badge much the same as my own, that of The Jelly Crime Syndicate.

Jazzrik puts his head in his hands and sighs.

So you see, letting my gun off in public, it's against the rules, I could have killed another mobster, and without authorisation from somebody high up the chain of command, that's a crime punishable by death. Do I regret buying and carrying that gun, you bet I do, but at least I don't have anybody I'll be leaving behind. I don't have any family, nobody who ever looked up to me, nobody to try and take in my footsteps. My time will come very soon, and I want you to learn from my mistake. If you're ever carrying around a gun, be sure NEVER to have it go off unless you have permission from your superiors.

Jazzrik looks at his watch...

Here you go kid, have this watch, I won't be needing it, and I have a few bucks here too, spend it wisely, and try not to get yourself into the mess I just did.

Report Post Tip

I love those words together - Honest and Mistake.  They don't really belong together.  I don't believe there's a such thing as an honest mistake.  Now, you want two words that belong together, try these two. 

Stupid

and

Mistake.

As in Stupid Mistake.  Now, that makes more sense.  A stupid mistake that cost this guy his life.  The best part about this life is that our guns rarely (and by rarely, I mean never) go off "accidentally."  They go off because we pull it out of our pocket, line up the shot, and pull the trigger.  And it takes serious work to get a shot off.  Disagree with that or not, it's hard to dispute the fact that it is harder to pull that trigger by mistake than it is to do most other things in this life.   

Certainly that's not to say we don't all make mistakes.  We do.  But this is quite the mistake, and a hard lesson to learn.  The reason this guy had to learn that lesson?  Because this society is far too fascinated with the gun.  Most young gangsters put too much emphasis on using that gun, and not enough emphasis on figuring out the little nuances in life...like how to use a gun.  And maybe even, how to read. 

So, I'd love to say this man learned his lesson, but who knows if his son has.  I've seen this mistake happen far too often to believe it will never happen again. 

Report Post Tip

This mistake will happen again, it is painfully easy to do. I've seen some of the very top gunmen in our world make this error to hilarious consequences. Hell, I've heard stories about the ancestor of this guy's sponsor doing something very similar in the old country with more significant consequences.

All the same, how PoisonousJelly chooses to run his syndicate is no business of mine.

(In reality it is really quite simple to click wack instead of mug. Whilst obviously from a RP perspective the idea of going to rob someone and end up shooting them is something of a calamity of errors, it is very easy to do. Especially if you're someone who regularly kills.)

~G~warble.

Report Post Tip

I would like to point out that in order to accidentally kill someone we first need to have pointed our gun at them. Whether it be from lining up our sights on them or a fast clicking "comedy of errors" we must have taken a weapon and pointed it right at them. This guy was a asesino de la familia jefe. Al malo él no puede ser matado otra vez. Too bad he can't be killed twice.

Eddie spits on the ground and walks off.

Report Post Tip

We've all had previous kin make mistakes with the gun, as Gwarble has already mentioned. What I'd like to point out is what sets the late Jazzrik apart from a lot of the same people who make such mistakes.

Acknowledgment of an error and the acceptance of the consequence it brings. This is the one of the most important lessons a bloodline learns. A make or break moment, in many cases.

Far too often people attempt to shy from owning up to such grave errors or attempting to learn why it is handled so extremely. He did. Publicly, a nice touch for younger mobsters to see that have yet to make such an error.

Frowns at Eddie_Torres

Ew. Spit in the other direction next time.

Report Post Tip

I would have to side with Gwarble and Adelaide. If it was indeed a mistake, perhaps your son will come across this chronicle and learn from it. Maybe he will be more careful. Unfortunately for you, we are in a business that most mistakes are punishable by death. But at least you acknowledged that you made a mistake, as opposed to having your bitter next of kin come to the streets to bitch and moan about it afterwards. That seems to be just as common as poor gun handling

Despite us mobsters being unlike most regular people, we are still human. No one is above making a mistake. Even the shitheads standing on this corner telling you otherwise.

Report Post Tip

"Despite us mobsters being unlike most regular people, we are still
human. No one is above making a mistake. Even the shitheads standing
on this corner telling you otherwise"

I'd have to agree with this Drexl. Everybody makes mistakes. Some more severe than others.

Perhaps this truly was an accident...an "honest" mistake.. It is also, a stupid mistake..

I think this was simply the case of... a "stupid honest mistake".. surely you have learned your lesson by now...

Next time turn the safety on!

Report Post Tip

Bell steps over Eddie's spit with disgust and gives him a look that shows said disgust.

Besides the lack of respect for our concrete here....here's my two cents, wanted or not.

A man does make mistakes.  And in this life, making the mistake of
having your gun go off is quite common, but more common when it goes
off on yourself.  I have to question the true mistake however. 

One man here mentioned tonight how easy it is to kill a man while
mugging him. Sure. I have to take this into consideration.  However the
scene is utterly different. (OOC: The pickpocket screen and the wack
screen are obviously different and if you can't notice that immediately
you must be blind, drunk, or dumb) 

A mistake?  Maybe after a fifth and a half of Jagermeister.  Or even
Red Stag Whiskey.  But otherwise? Utterly intentional.  This man
deserved to die.  Mistake accepted as such or not.

Report Post Tip

Things like this can happen to the best of us

As long as we learn and do not make the same mistakes again.. unfortunately some lessons are learned the hard way.

Report Post Tip

(This entire statement is OOC)

So, basically, he 'accidentally' typed the guy's name into the Wack screen, then 'accidentally' hit to shoot? Yes, mate, very believeable.

Report Post Tip

(OOC all of this)

Joseph, you do know that you can click on wealthy to PP someone, not type in their name on the screen, this has happen to many good hitters, they were sleepy, tired wanted to PP someone, accidentally clicked alive, maybe because they're a hitter and they're used to it, and then click WACK thinking it was a PP, somepeople just click too fast, not knowing exactly what they're doing. So he didn't type the names in, because thats just idiotic to be honest, and next time you want to say something, make sure that you say something in the streets, think before saying it...

Report Post Tip

Listens to all the weird talking coming out of people's mouths and is utterly shocked at what she's hearing from one of them

So..Lucifer..you think that being a 'tired' mafioso is a great excuse for 'accidentally' wacking a guy over picking his pockets?  I'm sorry sweetheart, I have to disagree with that entire statement.  

See, it's very simple. Tired or not, a man should know the
difference between a gun in his hands and his hand in someone's pocket.
  Tired or not,a man in our line of business, should be paying attention. Tired or not, a man is accountable for his actions. I have to give Jazzrick his props for realizing this and knowing what the consequences would be.  To see men of this lifestyle saying shit like it's okay, it was an accident, it happens all the time? It sickens me.  No shot taken in this world is a fucking accident.  Period. 

Report Post Tip

I did not say he shouldn't pay for his actions, I would agree, he shot someone he should be held accountable for it, I was just saying to Joseph that it was accidental, it may not have been, but it was most likely him being tired, but still he got what he deserved, he shot someone, accident or not, he is held accountable for it, I thoroughly agree.

Report Post Tip

Bell sits in shock over being agreed with....then she nods in approval and sips her coffee, waiting on others to agree with this "mistake" so she may debate their points as well.

Report Post Tip

Eddie stops dead in his tracks and slowly turns around as begins to pull up on hell of a hocker and spits it out on the lovely streets once again.

Maybe you wise guys can step around that one too.

Report Post Tip

Bell sits at the coffee shop and watches as Eddie throws lugies around the streets like some crazy sick guy, spitting all over himself in the process. 

Shaking her head, she sips her coffee and reads the newspapers.

Report Post Tip

Adelaide grins at Bellissima's reaction and observes the man a few moments further before turning to her own drink.

Mind passing me the Financial's when you're done, Bell?

Report Post Tip

Slides the financial towards Adelaide and continues to read the funny papers, keeping a side eye on the crazy guy in case she need to get her poncho on in order to protect her business suit from green globs on who knows what.

There you are sweetheart.  Let me know how the family stocks are doing would you?

Bell smiles before picking up her coffee and finishing it off.

Report Post Tip

Even though he is a dead member, he was still a member none the less. So hear me now.

This man may have only just been a Wise Guy. Hell... He could have been Made Man long a go if i'd have given him his button. That aside, he was still a very close friend of mine. Made or not. He's the kinda guy that I could get on quite well with outside of this life of crime (If you know what I mean).

His actions were a mistake. Whomever said the mistake could not have been an honest one can go stitch their mouth shut. It was honestly not meant and I honestly believe it. That is all that matters. I was his leader and it was my decision he came looking for as soon as the mistake happened.

As Gwarble has already stated, my family line has expierianced this terrible mistake but to far greater consequences. As a result of this I have been taught that mistakes DO happen and they will continue to happen.

As for you Mr Torres, Wish he could be killed twice? I can only say one thing to that really. Shut the fuck up. You're not speaking to a bunch of Wise Guys now eh? I also notice you like spitting on the ground around my now dead members conversation? Great... I could do with a spit shine on my shoes. Make it good.

Report Post Tip

"Eddie, please, show a little respect around the ladies. Act like a mafioso."

Scratches his head at the predicament that Jazzrik found himself in...

"Am I the only one who thinks it is a bit odd that Jazzrik's Boss would kill him over this? It's not like he shot at another family and needed to die in order to keep the peace, and it's not like the guy he shot at died. If this was a simple mistake, which can happen, and everyone involved believes it was a simple mistake, then why would PJ voluntarily make his family weaker by killing off one of his associates?"

"I think the reason is that it is a knee-jerk reaction. We have become so used to living in a rigidly structured society where 'rules' tell us what we have to do in every situation, that we forget that we have free will to make decisions. In any event, the Boss is the one who MAKES the rules. Shouldn't he tell Mickey Marley to get over it and move on?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Honest Mistake
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL