Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 09:40:46
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Your Life. My Honor. Started by: RalphieBeans_Jr on Feb 19, '10 00:23

The bar was booming.  I mean it was just packed to the bink of total imobolization with wise guys and thier wives, girlfriends, mistresses, whatever.  I was standing by the juke box while Frank Sanatra was singing the song "That's Life" when I felt a hand go in and out of my pocket.  I looked up and saw a the person walking towards the back door and into the alley way.  I thought he was pickpocketing me but when I felt inside the pocket there was a note that read, "Meet me in the alley.  We need to talk about something.  Someone has to go.". 

Why can't people just call me about these things when I'm at home? I asked myself while heading towards the back and out into the alley.

When I opened the back door a stray cat screached and hissed then jumped onto a nearby dumpster.  I didn't see anyone at first.  Not until the person that put the note in my pocket lit his cigar in a dark corner of the alley.  I could only see a little of the face but I knew I didn't recognize this person.

Who are you?  Why did you bring me out here? The person didn't answer so I was getting worried and was slowly reaching for my gun.

Report Post Tip

Heard a noise outside and peeked out the window and saw the display out in the alley way and decided he best not stay by the window. He shut his window and pulled the blind down tight and went into the kitchen and began to cook some pasta and start a sauce that had been in his family for years. He listened wondering if that familiar pop pop pop sound would come. It seemed lately that the alley was getting to be a pretty common place for that. Perhaps he should move.

Report Post Tip

Seeing her crew mate follow a stranger out through he back, Jillian sets her drink on the bar and leans over to speak into Brain's ear. "I'll be right back," she says, letting him assume she was off to the ladies' room. Such a worrier; no sense getting him involved unless it was absolutely necessary.

As she approaches the rear door, she discretely pats her ribcage where she keeps her piece. As quietly as she can, she pushes the door open and squeezes through. Fortunately, the shadows obscure her. She can hear voices, but sees very little at first. She can, however, smell something. Tomato sauce. Rich and hearty, with strong Italian spices. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees a small spark. Turning in that direction, she realizes it's a cigar, and that the cigar's owner is speaking to Ralphie. Inching closer, she finds a spot near the dumpster and leans against the wall. She doesn't want to intrude on Ralphie's private affairs, so she stays out of earshot. But not out of range. Seconds tick by as she waits for the proverbial shit to hit the fan, as it always seems to do these days.

Report Post Tip

Wandering lost in the dark, Eve comes across some gentlemen in an alley who appear to have some business to attend to. Undaunted and wishing she knew the way back to her lodgings in the city, Eve steps into the alley and lets lose a gentle cough.

Excuse me, could you tell me the way to........

Report Post Tip

POP!!!

My gun went off.  I didn't even see or hear the lady asking me for directions.  I was too focused on my mystery guy who I had just shot in the face.  I didn't know who he was or what he wanted but I had a bad feeling about him and I always go with my gut instincts.  I could infact be in alot of trouble for this so I threw the gun in the dumpster.  Still not realizing the two people who had just seen this unfold.  Looking down at the body I smelled pasta sauce cooking and I said to myself,

Fuck....Who are you?

I turned and saw two females, one standing behind me and one by the dumpster...

Report Post Tip

What with the gunshot still ringing in her ears and the confusion caused by the arrival of the young woman, Jillian went with her instinct, hurrying over to where the dead man lay. Reaching inside his suit pocket, she fished out a wallet and tossed it to Ralphie, and then grabbed the man's feet and started dragging him over towards the dumpster. "Let's ID him later, Ralphie. Grab his arms and help me heave him into the trash before someone else sees us," she says, glancing over at the stunned observer.

Report Post Tip

Hears the familiar pop sound and cringes knowing that someone probably got it as there was only one POP. He checked his gun was loaded and ready but didn't expect any trouble as he was sure the people in the alley had nothing to do with him. Always better to be ready he thought hearing the female voices from the alley way and decided to turn up the radio to drown the sounds from the streets. The pasta was done and the sauce was almost ready so he kept stirring to the sounds of an old Italian Song.

Report Post Tip

Brain was not at all fooled into thinking Jillian had gone to the ladies room. He had seen her take a hard left towards the back door instead of going down the hall. Moments before he had also see Ralphie headed towards that same door. After a time he began to wonder what was up. Brain had always had a jealous streak and it had seemed that both his woman and his friend had snuck out the back door. Brain started to let his imagination run wild. Not wanting to look like an idiot and run out there in a fit of rage, he started to panic. What the hell could they be doing out there? He was getting himself so worked up that the sound of the shot almost didn't register. Snapping back to reality his first thought was 'HOLY SHIT! Jillian has shot Ralphie!' Trying to act calm Brian grabbed his coat and eased towards the back door. Once outside he looked around and saw something moving over by the dumpster. Once his eyes adjust he can tell that it is Jillian and Ralphie and another woman whom he's never seen. Running across the alley Brain says to Jillian, "I know for sure that I heard a gunshot. Does someone want to explain what the hell is going on out here?"

Report Post Tip

Startled and more than a little curious, Eve walks forwards to see what the ruckus is about. Why was that man shot and what could she do to help these people evolve?

Report Post Tip

Brain had concern in his vioce and a little bit of confusion as Jillian and I were lifting the body into the dumpster.  Blood smeared all over my $12,000 suit and the cat screeched again as the body landed on it.  Shutting the dumpster lid I say to Eve,

You better hope to god I can trust you lady or you might end up in the same place as this guy does.

Just then I started to hear police sirens and I'm sweating bullets by now.  I'm franticly trying to think of what to do next. My brain is screaming run, get out of there as fast as I can, RUN! But then I hear music playing, no, not from the bar but from an apartment window.  "Wolf." I said under my breath.

Ok everyone.  We're moving this party inside.  I'm not going to be caught by the cops, again.  Follow me.

I led everyone through  the alley to a door entrance and we went up a narrow stairway.  Wolf had better be home.  Only he could help us now.  After all he still owed me after I let him in on a recent little score.  We got to the apartment door and I knocked.  I smelt the food again.

Report Post Tip

Hears a rapping on his door and grabs his gun off the counter and goes to stand by the side of the door.

Who is it?

The reply from Ralphie lets him know its okay to open the door he opens it and stands aside.

Whats going on? Someone shoot at you?

Report Post Tip

-Auset- making his way to paul's holding a box of cigars and another box of cards and chips getting ready for the weekly poker night... right at the entrance he spots two cop cars, one of the cops jumped out and asked him "did you see a couple of men running down from here?"
the first thought that came to his mind was "darn it wolf what did you do this time?" after passing the cops he goes to wolf's and knocks slow four times so that he would know it was him... waiting for the Wolf to open, he takes out his cigar and lights it up...

Report Post Tip

I wave everyone into the apratment and look at the stove.

Nice to see you too Wolf.  Arn't you going to offer us something to eat before you just start asking questions?  I forgot to bing an extra can of baked beans tonight I'm kind of hungry.

I chuckle and pat him on the shoulder before heading over to the stove to help myself to a plate.

Report Post Tip

Hi Auset.... Good thinking using my middle name in front of the cops not many know it! Glad you brought some poker chips with you we might be here awhile. Want some pasta? The sauce just finished a few minutes ago.

Helps Auset put out the poker stuff on the table.

Report Post Tip

hey there, i see you guys are getting comfortable in here... any one cares for a game of poker ?

Auset takes a chair and helps himself out by getting a drink and some chips... that is potato chips.

Report Post Tip

Everyone dig in the pasta is homemade and so is the sauce. Ralphie go change and I will fix you a plate put the bloody clothes in the fire place and lets burn em there should be something that would fit you in the closet. Don't worry about the beans you can owe us your famous beans another time. Care to play some cards?

Tosses a hundred dollar bill on the table for the buy in.

Auset what are we going to play?

Report Post Tip

Yeah definately Auset.  Just let me clean some of this blo...I mean ketchup off of my suit.

Ralphie goes in the back to clean his face and hands and puts his suit in a plastic bag that he just so happened to have.

Report Post Tip

well paul... a good old Texas Hold'em ?
ohh and Ralphie, you might want to change for that blo.. i mean Ketchup is not coming off that easy.

Auset picks up a 1k pack and places it on the table... 

100? come on Wolf you can do better than that! *wink*

Report Post Tip

Tosses another 900 on the table.

Okay hold'em is my favorite so lets get some cards going on. Whats the blinds?
Ralphie you gonna join us? Feel free to bring your plate of pasta with.

He chuckles as he watches Ralphie scarf down some pasta.

What do you think of the sauce Ralphie?

Report Post Tip

Pasta hangs half way out of ralphis's mouth when he was invited to the table and  scuries over.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Your Life. My Honor.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL