Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 14:51:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Mafia Returns Reports VS. The Reaper Daily Started by: Giovanni_Verrazano on Feb 19, '10 02:16

Gio sit's back in the pool hall with his sleeve rolled up talking with a group of Mafiosi from different families; while waiting for his pool buddy to finish his set. He looks over at his opponent and chuckles as he sinks the last of Gio's balls along with a scratch. You could hear several conversations going on one in particular was the owner talking with some contractors

Owner---- I needs tha' two of you's guys to do uh good job.

Contractor-----What is it you would like done sir?

Owner----- well for starters the light in this place are way to dark, dat ain't good for tha' bid'ness you kno' can't have uh bunch of wine o's trippin' all ova' tha' place.

Contactor----- We can take care of that problem for...

Owner----- And Fix tha' heat will ya, um' sick of erv'body walkin' round here wit' they sleeve rolled up. It don't make tha' women feel comfortable

Contractor----- I think we cou...

The conversation was drowned out by a rowdy bunch entering the pool hall. Gio looks up to see what was the cause of all this ruckus. The group of men pose as no threat so he continued his game of pool.

As he draw back to hit the 8 ball calling for a bank off the wall into the corner pocket he hears a voice from the back of the room "Aren't you that guy writing the new paer" hahahahaha The entire pool hall begins to laugh including Gio at the same time he struck the ball which caused him to miss. Gio responded "Yeah that's me" as he made his way back to his fav booth with the green leather cracked seats. To continue his conversation.

"You know earlier today I was told that MRR was nothing compared to The Reaper Daily so me being me I looked for an old copy of The Reaper Daily and I don't mean to step on any toes when I say that it was 80% crap 10.9 percent a waste of time and the other 9.10 I didn't bother to read. If you don't think so take a look your self:

The men all took a glimpse over the old paper one replied "is this all or is there more"

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/82782

"Naw that's it" Gio replied. "I take it the person who made that comment to me liked reading completely useless and un original material because that what The Reaper Daily was."

The room got quite silent not to many people were happy about the comment Gio made. Infact one guy came forward and said "Now um' ganna' need you to take back that comment or you gone have a perminate case of writers block!"

Gio looked at the man with a grimice visage "You un profound maggot, don't make me drive a 8 inch rusted nail through one of them pool sticks and and beat your disheveled ass from here to the bi#$% you came from"

The owner over heard the threat and called out "Now Gio you know I don't tolerate allot of things in here and I kno' for sure your poppa done' taught you better when it comes to speaking bout women"

Gio miantiand his composure and continued talking the rowdy man grabed his coat and bairly made his way to the door thanks to his bottle of hooch

"Honestly It would have taken me 10 minutes tops to come up with that 30 minutes to finish it and 15 minutes for it to become completely useless.

How's about we stop and take a look at the stats for a second; after the paper was published only 8 readers found it worthy of a statement and you can minus three comments due to the fact that the writer said those and you can do away with two more since they were comments left by the same person so in reality only three people took time to make a statement about the issue. Damn I'm wrong again I just made a comment so make that four.

My feelings aside there were still quite a few people who anticipated the Reaper Daily meaning something good was in it to please those people I could sit in my office all day and push out things everyone is already aware of and that's not joke if random news is what you want I could easily send out MRFR (Mafia Returns Flash Reports) with no problem.

Here are a few comments about the reaper daily" Gio read some of the comment for the paper aloud

-----"Although I think it is admirable that you are trying to produce a daily paper for us, I must say that this is somewhat lacking in substance.
-----Please do not take this as an insult but do you think it might be a little over zealous doing a daily paper? Perhaps you would be better served making it a weekly offering thus giving yourself more to write about than simply reciprocating obituaries, drug prices and what other people have been saying on the streets? If you were to make it into weekly dose of goings on you would give yourself ample time to produce some proper reports and would probably also catch the interest of budding writers out there. At the moment we have 2 papers, Lucretia's, and your own; as things stand yours is cutting a lonely shadow when compared to the latter.
-----While your dedication is admirable I can only see people dismissing you as a bit of a joker if you continue in this vain and although your street presence is good, in fact a lot better than some high rankers I see floating around it will be a dismissed presence if things continue as they are.
But who am I to talk, I am just a lowly Goomba going about my day to day, just offering a bit of friendly advice."

Now don't get my views on the paper mixed with my views of the people behind it, from the rumors I've gather reaper was a good man He worked hard and despite the all the negative feed back from his paper Reaper remained more active than most members infact he seemed to be a extremely dedicated individual. God rest your soul Reaper I'm sure your presence is missed by those who love and care for you.

Report Post Tip

Gio instead of trying to show us that your paper will be better or compete against the Reaper/ Why don't you take a break from telling us how your paper will be better and actually publish it. The readership will decide what they wish to read and how successful your paper is will be dependent on the circulation. So pick up that mighty pen and start writing!

Report Post Tip

Reaper Daily??? What is that? How can one compete with a dead man. It is like me going againts Abraham Lincoln. What is the point of this.

Report Post Tip

But you couldn't go aainst lincoln Ratty, he has a statue inside his own memorial, best you can hope for is a handful of mafioso at your funeral...

Blagger wonders how much he would have to bribe the Gods t havea staue errected in his honour when he dies.

Report Post Tip

Was The Reaper Daily, the paper that was so poor a Godmother of a city paid the writer to not print another one? or am i wrong?

Report Post Tip

Reaper Daily??? What is that? How can one compete with a dead man. It is like me going againts Abraham Lincoln.

Abraham... Lin...coln? I'm afraid I do not know what the hell you are speaking about, sneakyrat. May I remind you, this is the 1920s. Nobody by the name of Abraham Lincoln has ever been born ye...... oh wait never mind. Sorry

runs away as quickly as he can to avoid further embarrassment

Report Post Tip

Honestly I think that The Reaper Daily compares favorably considering it was actually printed.

Whats the deal with hyping up a newspaper? Furthermore if you were to compare your planned newspaper to something why would you compare it to one of the worst newspapers to grace these streets? If I was to write a paper I would compare it to a good newspaper to judge its quality.

I honestly wish you the best and hope you can overcome yourself to be a good newspaper writer/editor but all I see is a poorly put together and over enthusiastic plan that most likely will not be met on a weekly basis. With the format that has been proposed you may want to just make your "paper" a once a month undertaking assuming you can keep up with it properly with the proper adjustments to your topic lists.

Report Post Tip

Just because a man dies does not necessarily mean that the paper is dead too the fine staff at the paper may choose to keep it running in a tribute or honor to the departed. However, David is right in that we need to end the hype and get a paper and then the masses can get to beating the editor or praising him.

Report Post Tip

I predict a Disappointment when this paper finally hits the streets, you are trying far far too hard trying to promote it, when you could simply let the Writing speak for itself.

If the writing is actually as good as you seem to be claiming.

Report Post Tip

I have to say I'm in agreement with ______, I've already had three cups of coffee today and while it would have been nice to have a paper to read. All this hype is leading me to believe that I'd be better off ready the ingredients on my coffee jar.

Report Post Tip

Abraham... Lin...coln? I'm afraid I do not know what the hell you are speaking about, sneakyrat. May I remind you, this is the 1920s. Nobody by the name of Abraham Lincoln has ever been born ye...... oh wait never mind. Sorry

Drexl, you mean to tell me you dont know our sixteenth president of the United States? The one born on the 12th of febuary 1809 and died the 15th of april 1865? Please sir... learn your history! After all we are in the 1930's!

Report Post Tip

Dante was the label on your coffee jar entertaining? Any good news on it? I would be most interested to hear if they tell you how they roast the beans.

Report Post Tip

And again, i agree with ______. You are working way to hard on promoting instead of putting those efforts on production. But if you really want to set the bar high, i suggest you compete with another former paper. The one that was edited by Godmother Marietta (god rest her soul)... now that would be something to look up to. In my eyes so far Marietta's was the best of all time...

Report Post Tip

Drexl, you mean to tell me you dont know our sixteenth president of the United States? The one born on the 12th of febuary 1809 and died the 15th of april 1865? Please sir... learn your history! After all we are in the 1930's!

Never heard of him. I will require proof of this, if indeed what you say is true.

Report Post Tip

WolfVidi, I have to say it was. There was a quaint little story about the beans and the great journey they took to get in the country.

I'd highly recommend then, I've now moved on to War and Peace as I feel with the length of time it'll take to actually see the paper I might be able to finish the book.

Report Post Tip

Well first get that The Reaper has been dead for a while. (GRHS.) And looks like your hungry for some competition. So how about that you go against my paper. I'm doing my great granddad's paper. (Mob News.) That's all I want to say.

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

Report Post Tip

That is an excellent read perhaps Gio will let you prepare an article about it in the MRR if and when it is published. I love hearing those stories about how the bean lives from a tiny seed to a growing plant and harvesting and then where it travels from its native home. Can I borrow your coffee can Dante?

Report Post Tip

I look forward to reding your paper sweeney

Report Post Tip

YEA KEEP THEM COMING GOOD WORK

Report Post Tip

Seriously? Shouting to a dead guy that you want to hear more newspaper comparison? We have very different tastes on entertainment, my friend.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafia Returns Reports VS. The Reaper Daily
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL