Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 07:46:09
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What is it that got you addicted? Started by: JesseJames on Feb 26, '10 11:49

I got to thinking this morning......I asked myself where was it that my addiction originated(Mafiareturns).  How is it that i became so addicted to Mafia?  What got me so hooked!

So the memories started flowing...and i slowly but surely remembered.

Heres where my addiction began:

It was early 21st century and i had began looking for mafia games to play.  Heck im not sure why i was looking for a mafia game specifically but it i can attribute it to Godfather or Scarface, not quite sure which to blame!  Anyway, i found mafia.org....So i signed up as 'Manolo'...I looked around a bit did a few petty crimes, read some forums and some mafia help topic! Anyway....i wasnt quite addicted to the game yet...Basically, the next day i logged in and had been shot dead.  The whisper read something like:  'The only way you can survive in this world is by joining a family for protection'....I was a bit upset if i was being honest.  At that point i was set out on trying to find out who killed me...and just like that the official addiction was born!  It was so personal!  Someone had killed me! 

So what got you so addicted to mafia? Was it the killing?  The people?  The idea of running your own family?  All are so appealing, i wonder what got ya'll addicted!

So please share!!

Report Post Tip

Id say the people here is what got me addicted. When I first started, I didnt catch on and was kind of bored. The next day I had a message saying that I needed to look for a family before someone shot me, he told me what I had to do in order to join one, so I joined the same family he was in. I was still kind of bored and didnt sign in for a few days. When I decided to sign in again and give it one last chance, I had an inbox full of messages from him and a few other people welcoming me to the family, telling me what I could do to pass time, and what needed to be done in order to be promoted. And here I am.. a year and some odd months later... still playing. So Id say that if it werent for the people that I've met talked to almost everyday, I wouldnt be here.

Report Post Tip

I like the people for the most part.Everyone from people like TheD to people like Brian Arao (spelling?) have given me a laugh in some sort.

Report Post Tip

Who said I'm addicted?

<.<

>.>

Report Post Tip

CN... everyone knows you are... You don't have to hide it.

Report Post Tip

I like to kill people.....now i can without the whole *against the law* bullshit

Report Post Tip

Pooh_Bear i believe thats going to be the number 1 reason for the addiction.....

CrazyNine....its okay you can admit it....were all here for you!

Report Post Tip

If I had an addiction I know where the local addictions counselling is!

Report Post Tip

When I first joined, I was told that obtaining the rank of Made Man was a high honor, and almost impossible to get in min time.(It was a lot harder back then.) So my goal was to prove those people wrong. I did. Then tiggy killed me for absolutely no reason.(Yeah... We'll just stick with the no reason, it's better than the truth.) So I came back and tried to do it again... And the gray screen just sucked me in. I remember pulling 60+ hours of no sleep until I got my next rank. good times. Goooood times.

Report Post Tip

Well i would say you got me addicted to this game JJ

Report Post Tip

I'm addicted as well :) pulled 8hrs on my first log in alone...

Report Post Tip

I am here for the people... friends over sea's... i find this cool. And also because well... i like being a sneakyrat hehe...

Report Post Tip

I like to kill people.....now i can without the whole *against the law* bullshit

Pooh_Bear... who says it is against the law... you should see my refrigirater, mouahahahah!!!

Report Post Tip

Well, my reason for the addiction,which has been very short has been the game itself and the reality it gave.

Report Post Tip

I still claim I'm not addicted...

<.<

>.>

Report Post Tip

Difficult one to answer. I think it must be the people

Report Post Tip

The addiction to mafiareturns is something that I have seen people fight with many times. In fact, I have fought it once or twice. The battle is not something that can be won. This is shown in the fact that people who end up banned from mafiareturns find ways around their ban.

As for my addiction, it can't really be the people, because until recently I didn't really talk to anyone. However, having been here for roughly 4 years now, I would say it is the way the game is set up. It's not like any other game out there and never will be.

Report Post Tip

I think for me it's the people I have met here.  Although  the game itself would be a close second trying to rank up as far as you can before you get gunned down in your sleep in every war is good times. lol

One of these days I'm going to get the timing right for a war I swear!!!

Report Post Tip

Sure you will DonPardo.

I'm not addicted.

Report Post Tip

For me it has to be the people and the determination to rank up and prove myself, it becomes sort of addictive. i've quit on two occasions and been back within 2 weeks both times.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What is it that got you addicted?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL