Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 16:19:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Final Words From Kates Started by: DyingKates on Mar 04, '10 03:12

Alessandro sighs
Don't you people have a life, crimes to do, drugs to deal or whatever you fuckin do to earn a living?
It's really weird how you people would make a whole new subject off someone's announcement and start debating on w/e you want whether it's related to the main topic or not.
Alessandro shakes his head and leaves

Report Post Tip

Alessandro, it might be a good idea for you to keep your yap shut and let those who are made men in Cosa Nostra talk about whatever the fuck they want.  I'll be damned if a Thug is going to tell me to either stick to a topic or to take my ass out of here and go do some crimes.

Report Post Tip

I apologize to the CL's who have better things to do than read gossip who have to read this. Gwarble and FlyingPig please take Cryptic's statement to heart, history is written by the victor. What you are doing now will also be remembered and might I ask what kind of leader takes the time to gossip in the streets about a dead man. Your kicking a man while he's down which isn't quality leadership, hopefully you know what it really is. The most important point is that you act as if you won the war. You played your parts but don't be fooled for a second, this was Lucretia and Deimne's victory, your taking what they gave you.

If you say you had no respect for him when he was alive, than why didn't you say it in the streets then? I rarely take the time to respond to these types of things but I don't recall hearing Gwarble and FlyingPig insult -V- when he was alive. And what would you think if the man that helps kill you insults one of your former crew members? Alessandro's comment wasn't very offensive and the point of this thing of ours is to try to take over so there was eventually going to be a war, the losing cities believed they couldn't keep up with your growth and decided it was better to just try to acheive victory than simply accept defeat. I died instantly in the war so insult me all you want, but just please respect the dead, because you never know when you'll be joining them. No that's not a threat, I would never shoot at anyone without being told to and it has meaning that you should try to understand.

Report Post Tip

Brusty, it is not your place to judge what type of leader I am or am not. I am who I am, and if you don't like it you can kindly fuck off.  Furthermore, I do not recall you being a part of the NY/LV war effort, so you know fuck all about who played what role.

I also will not respect someone simply because they are dead. You will never see me show up at a funeral and behave like an ass, but out here in the streets I will say whatever the fuck I want.  Your insinuation that I held my tongue while -V- was alive is also assinine.  Obviously you do not know me.  If you did, you would: (1) Know that I do not ever hold my tongue regarding anyone; and (2) You would not be out here running your mouth at me.

If you have anything further to say to me or about whether or not I represent "quality leadership", I would be interested in hearing it.

Report Post Tip

First, I was a part of the losing effort under PJ. Second, if you really believe that you talk down to everyone I would like to introduce you to the people you answer to. Finally, what's so wrong with paying your respects to friends? You seriously need to learn to empathize because its part of being human. Otherwise your a sociopath and you really shoudn't be allowed out of a padded room. I stand by my words and if standing up for someone you thought was a good leader is wrong, I simply don't want to be right. You don't sound tough when you make these comments, you just sound like a confused child picking on people smaller than you.

Report Post Tip

I am not "picking on you" nor am I trying to sound tough.  I am putting you in your place, where you belong.  I am the RHM for a family and a Boss, and you are a goomba who was lucky enough to be given asylum after being part of an enemy faction.  Despite that, you seem to feel you are in a position to tell me how I should act, that I am not a quality leader, that I am a sociopath and a confused child, and you insinuate that I am a coward.

I think you've made yourself clear.  I expect you to be dead soon enough, but in the meantime I appreciate your sage advice and I will take it to heart.  I will change my ways immediately and begin to show the proper empathy towards my fellow human beings. Kum ba fucking yah.

Report Post Tip

It's nice to see you twist my words :)

All your doing is proving me right... I feel sorry for you because you honestly can't understand that people are people and insulting their freinds, leaders, and people below you is infantile and going to upset them. I'm not a man to back down so don't insult my friends, it's garbage and you know it. Your not putting anyone in there place saying this, your saying I'm bigger than you so I'll do and say what I want. That's not a leader, leaders inspire. Finally I never said any of those things but said that's what your actions would lead one to believe. In saying I will die, and if I do, you just prove me right.

Report Post Tip

I have no problem with that.  You'll be the rightest dead guy on the planet.

So while you are still breathing, why don't you show me where I twisted your words? I quoted you verbatim. And still, you are telling me that "leaders inspire".  Are you saying I don't inspire? There are several hundred people throughout mafia history that would disagree with you.  You inspire your way, I'll inspire my way.  My way has a track record of success, so pardon me if I don't take the advice of a no name C who is about to be worm food.

Report Post Tip

It's not your success, it's Deimne's. And I said that was what your quotes said and left you room to explain yourself and instead you simply wrote I will kill you.

Report Post Tip

This no name C is using rationality in his arguement, please tell me why anything you've said makes sense. Talk bad to Deimne on the streets if your so badass. Your not original, many children want to be the badass. It's perplexing to think a hand would be unable to defend himself with words.

Report Post Tip

Talk bad to Deimne on the streets if your so badass.

To be perfectly honest, should I do something to deserve it, I have no doubts in my mind that FlyingPig would happily come out and call me out on the streets. Anyone who knows the man knows this to be fact. Personally, I'd think less of the man if this wasn't the case. The fact that he uses logic and only attacks those that have caused it to happen leaves me confidentent that neither FlyingPig nor I need to worry about that happening any time soon.

You played your parts but don't be fooled for a second, this was Lucretia and Deimne's victory, your taking what they gave you.

I can only speak for myself here, but I gave nobody a thing. I didn't strole out anywhere and win a war. I made a decision to enter a war which had no logical justification, which is clearly being discussed here so the comments that this is nothing but gossip or kicking a man while he's down are idiotic at best, at which point the city of New York went on to play a vital part in winning it. It wasn't my victory, it was our victory. To suggest that someone like FlyingPig, a right hand man to one of my former families providing guidance and advice to dozens of mafioso, didn't play a vital role in the war effert is somewhere between ignorant, naieve and stupid.

Nobody here is suggesting that Kates, PJ or Scipita were horrible leaders. The debate is pointing out that they made a horrible decision. One that lead to three cities being completely wiped out. The suggestion that "I had to attack now, they're obviously just waiting for a chance to kill me", when both New York and Las Vegas had just passed up perfectly good reasons to wipe out the city is an obvious falicy.

Ignoring the reasons, or lack of reasons (the only reason ever needed for a war to start is "I wanted to"), to see three cities launch an attack where the first wave failed so horribly, shot selection led to massive errors, the opposition was on edge due to the less than subtle preperations, vital members of the attacking side weren't in a position to hang around... it means that the actions can't be defendable. The defence of "I'd rather be a tiger than a sheep" only holds true if it's infact the case. Seeing a sheep jump head first into a slaughter house doesn't make it Rambo or a tiger, it makes it a silly dead sheep.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Final Words From Kates
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL