Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:46:04
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: You lose your gun when demoted. Started by: Squishy on Mar 05, '10 11:50

Now, when you get demoted, you also lose your gun for 75 petties.

Report Post Tip

A quick question on this Squishy. Does this mean one would loose the Skill associated with the Gun (Trainings and wacks) along with the Gun or just loose the gun and once earned back, the skill remains?

Report Post Tip

The skill isn't touched, just the 'gun'. It'd be the same result as a cl removing a gun or a gun wb, no impact on the skill... but the person can't shoot until x hours of work is done.

Report Post Tip

Is this to stop people using the war tactic of demoting their pro-wackers so that they cannot be shot at?

Report Post Tip

"Is this to stop people using the war tactic of demoting their pro-wackers so that they cannot be shot at?"

If so, it's a welcome change. The 'old way' was certainly an interesting strategy, but low on realism.

Report Post Tip

question, if you are earner or wise guy, then will felonies count towards you 75 jobs to get your gun back?

Report Post Tip

Mortuis... i think that Squishy made that clear when he said "you also lose your gun for 75 petties."

but i am not sure thought.

Report Post Tip

I applaud the change though I myself have been a part of the "demote to thug, pro, demote, log off".

Realism is always a welcome thing.

Report Post Tip

I don't think anyone would disagree that using that 'technique' in certain circumstances has potential benefits, but I'd suggest all would agree that it lacks any sense of realism and from a RP pov is a nightmare.

If an option/quirk can be used to benefit, it will be used. So by removing this as an option it's certainly a good thing from a RP pov. I personally agree with any move that makes demotion a less attractive option. Even with the current impacts on min time and removal of gun, something that should be from a RP pov be a huge negative is still a touch too atractive at times.

Report Post Tip

Great change

Report Post Tip

This will make thing a bit more interesting 

Report Post Tip

I know that you can range before you actually acquire a gun yourself (loaners are wonderful); will this still apply if you have one and it's taken away?

Report Post Tip

I think this will the game more challenging

Report Post Tip

"will this still apply if you have one and it's taken away?"

You do not need a gun to range, regardless of the reason you are sans-gun.

Report Post Tip

In the same manner as doing the 75 crimes to earn your gun, both petties and felonies will count.

The use of '75 petties' is something a lot of us who were around before changes were made to the code still find ourselves saying as a slip of the tongue.

Report Post Tip

thanks for clearing that up for me

Report Post Tip

It is indeed a step in the right direction. It makes no sense that you end up with sponsored civilians. If it wasn't for the troubling times I was looking at it, it would have been hilarious.

Report Post Tip

I am curious as to why this has been brought in after it has been a war tactic for so long.

Maybe it is time to totally review the act of taking pro shots during a war and remove auth totally from the game and only allow people to shoot 3 ranks above their current rank and an unlimited amount below their rank.

Report Post Tip

I'd assume that the reason it was changed is that it never should have been a war tactic to begin with. That was never the intention, it's simply a quirt that allowed it due to the way the code works and is tough to remove. Removing a gun on demotion removes the opporuntiy for this quirk to be exploited in a war situation.

This wasn't the first war in which that 'tactic' was used, nor would it be the last if this change wasn't made. The fact that it had been an issue for some time, in my opinion at least, isn't any reason for it to remain to be an issue.

I've no issues with the potential change proposed for the auth/pro system though. It would lead to far more interesting dynamics in wars where shot/pro management becomes an even more difficult/interesting task.

Report Post Tip

Realism is always a plus, great change!

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: You lose your gun when demoted.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL