Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 05:34:38
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
What are streets for? Started by: sneakyrat on Mar 09, '10 12:29

Mercury... now i understand that you are RHM. But... you are still earner. There is something you have to learn about respect before coming out here in the streets.

Honey, I hate to be arrogant, I really do, but sometimes it's necessary. I do place great importance in rank, as do all of my forebears; but sometimes it is equally important to look at the reality of a situation rather than the hypotheticl scenarios. The fact that I am Right Hand Man to a Godfather should tell you two things. One, that I am trusted enough to be placed in a position where I would run the city, if te need arose. Two, that either I or my forebears have the wealth of experience that is absolutely essential to undetake such a crucial role. Therefore, I really do find it insulting that I need to 'learn something' before showing my face; and as Gwarble has stated - quite ironic too considering the topic matter.

Let's make the difference now, i am talking about respect in speach only.

Well, firstly my dear, respect in speech only...I know that as 'lip service' rather than 'respect', but that aside I don't quite follow. The streets, or to speak more generically communication as a whole, is one of the central facets to cosa nostra. If respect is not shown in this domain, where can it truly be shown?

But before calling me darling or sweety... you better earn your button and rank up fast. Because i am Consigliere... and i am LHM... maybe not RHM but still a consigliere.

lik

I would like to clarify my words here, but I expect a clarification from yourself. I call everyone darling, sweety, honey, whatever. I came to terms with who I am a long time ago, and I will not pretend to be someone else or resrict my flamboyance. This is not a sleight on your rank, an attempt at disrespect or anything else, my dear; it's simply the way I speak. It's how I speak now, and it's how I'll speak as an old man.

However, this sounds like some sort of ultimatum from where I'm standing. Quite a threatening statement really. You make a demand from me - that I better earn my button and rank up fast - then back this up with your clout - that you are a consigliere. I'll assume I'm being overly sensitive and this isn't the case.

From what i am hearing, all everyone understand is that i would respect anybody... that is not the case.

I can't speak for anyone else but I neer meant to insinuate this. My main issue with your take on this thing is that it disregards tradition, I understand that you would not respect anybody but equally, I disagree wholly that someone should be shown respect just because they themselves display respect or potential.

"Alexander... if a Godfather/Godmother or leader disrespects someone of low rank, then they should have a good reason for it."

Now this one... that is a hard pill to swallow is'nt it? Well, did i ever say that the Godfather/Godmother are required to give a good reason for it. Hell... no! I would never make such statements...

My dear, I'm truly confused now. You quote yourself as saying, and I paraphrase "A Godfather...should have a good reason for it"; then you follow up by saying that you 'would never make such statements [that a Godfather did need a good reason]

So essentially, you said a Godfather needed a good reason, then you claimed you had never said this - whilst quoting yourself having said it. Right. Whilst you're making your mind up, I'll revert back to my original opinion - that a Godfather need not answer to any bar the Godfather Council.

Mercury... now dont get me wrong here. You can twist my words if you wish

I did not twist your words. I quoted you verbatim and gave my opinions on said statements honey. I will not apologise for that. However, if you feel I did not show you due respect, then I do apologise. I can be brash at times, and I certainly do not mince....my words!

But dont go on thinking that i am a Mr. nice guy... that... i am not.

Really, I didn't particularly think you were Mr. Nice Guy - but again with the statements that I can only take to read as ultimatums. What gives?

Report Post Tip

I like how I managed to blockquote the entire speech. Brilliance.

Report Post Tip

There is a world of difference between actually respecting someone, and showing them respect in the streets.

There are people in various positions of authority at the moment that I consider little more than petulant children without the wit nor the wisdom to do the positions they hold justice.

Would I name names? Would I call them out on it publicly? Hell no! Apart from anything else, I am 100% certain my boss would have my ass for it.

In public I shall be as respectful as I always try to be toward all but the most clearly retarded individuals who need setting straight, regardless of their rank to be honest, I see no point deliberately going out of my way to insult the gangsters of today when they could easily be the Godfathers of tomorrow. Likewise, even when they have proven that they do not deserve it, I shall show respect to the leaders, their upper echelons, and indeed everyone above the rank of Made Man.

Anyone who seriously believes that people look up to them based on nothing more than their rank and position needs a crash course in human nature, no man can be forced to respect another, it is something which (not to sound too cliché here) is earned, not given.

Report Post Tip

Mercury, i believe i had previously apologized for that remark about climbing ranks fast before talking to me in the streets. I was way out of line, that i agree. And like i said, if you are trusted enough to be Iota's RHM, you sure as hell dont need to learn anything more about respect. I am not one to judge you on that. I hope that this time i am clear! My apology is honest. I was way out of line and i understand it. That is all i wanted to add. You are intitle of a descent apology.

As for the main topic, i think i have made myself clear on my issues. It is good to hear all the different opinions on this matter. But quite frankly Mercury... calling me darling is'nt call for here. I dont know what i have done to offend you, but i sure wont try to change your mind. You are Iota's RHM, and as respect for Iota... i wont make a issue out of it. Note that when you said the word dailing, i sundenly became death. Sorry, but i am not going to wait here and listen to this. Have a good day sir!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What are streets for?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL