Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 11:38:44
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Huh?! What's an I-Pod? Started by: Tritium on Mar 11, '10 12:17

An old man yells out from the crowd, "Huh?! What the heck is an I-Pod?"

A roar of laughter circles the crowd, even the bum with missing teeth is chuckling away. Tritium tries to raise her hand for silence but the crowd even laughs harder. She couldn't give the crowd a proper definition, because coincidentally, she didn't understand it herself. The only thing she knew is that this 'I-Pod' played music and it needed electricity as the lamps do in her house.

"It sounds more like a fish than anything!" another man yells out. The crowd continues to laugh up a storm.

Tritium reaches down by her feet and pulls out a shiny crystal ball from her black silky bag. She holds it up for everyone to see and the animated crowd instantly turns quiet. This reaction from the crowd scared her because the crystal ball was just the beginning. She takes a deep breath and speaks loudly for all to hear...

"Gather around my fellow mobsters, I have some interesting news to share with you all. If you think an I-Pod seems strange, then you better strap down and prepare yourself because you're definitely in for a ride. Now, this crystal ball was passed down throughout my generations but there's only been a select few who had the ability to put this crystal ball to use. Unfortunately, I'm one of them."

Tritium's throat is feeling dry so she takes a sip of gin resting beside her.

"After I'm done, please don't ask me any questions because I'm telling you everything I know. This ball works in mysterious ways and it only gives me so much information. The only fact I can give you is the year when this prediction unfolds, but other than that, there's nothing more I can tell you - I'm just as confused as you are. So again, please, no questions at the end."

At this point, everyone's eyes and mouths are completely wide open. She then holds up the crystal ball to eye level and stares deeply into it.

"Alright, the closest year I can get is 1941. This year doesn't bring any good news because all I'm seeing is war. It seems that the United States is going to go to war against a very hostile Asian-country because that hostile country attacked a naval base onshore in Hawaii."

The room was soooo quiet, you could hear a pin needle being dropped onto the floor.

"In 1945...these two weird contraptions are going to be introduced in our lives, one being a computer and the other being a microwave. I'm sorry to say, I have no idea what these are for. My only guess is that the computer is some kind of painting display that uses electricity to light up and I guess the microwave is some kind of cage for pet rodents." Tritium shrugs.

"In 1950...there's going to be a plastic card, no bigger than the palm of your hand, that's going to act as your money. I think they're going to be called credit cards. I don't understand this myself because how the hell is a piece of plastic going to be worth all my money. I'm wondering if they're going to cut pieces of plastic from the card when you buy stuff."

The crowd goes into a frenzy of whispering. There are some people who are anxious for the year 1950 because they can't wait to pickpocket people's cards for all their money.

"In 1954...there's an athlete who astonishes the world. As of today, Sydney Wooderson's mile time is 4:06.4. There's been speculation that this time will never be broken, however ladies and gentlemen, my crystal ball is telling me that there is going to be a man who runs under four-freaking-minutes. I don't know about you but that's unbelievable! Sometimes I question the stuff that comes out of this ball." She shakes it.

Again, the crowd was silent until an unknown voice shouted "Yeah right lady, if that's going to be true, I might as well be Superman for the future!". Then the gentlemen stood up and posed like a superhero. The crowd came back to life with bursts of laughter. Tritium thought the mom and daughter sitting in front of her were crying, but they were just laughing really hard. After a minute passed by, she raised her hand for silence, and surprisingly, the room went silent.

"In 1962...a band named the 'Beatles' comes out with their first hit song 'Please Please Me', and from that point on, this band will be famous all around the world. I can't clearly see the band but I know there is four of them and it seems like they all have shiny black mops on their heads for hair."

"In 1967...a team of doctors pave a new path in the medical field when they successfully completed a heart transplant",  you can see people in the crowd with their hands on their chests to make sure their hearts were still there.

"In 1969...humans will land on the moon. This is goi--", Tritium was interrupted by the man who called himself the Superman. He shouts, "Look at me! I'm going to fly to the mooooon!". Then he stands up on his chair posing as if he was going to fly away. But all of a sudden, a brown shoe is thrown from a distance and hits the guy in the back of the head. No one was laughing. Someone had to shut him up because majority of the people had enough of him and wanted to hear more about Tritium's predictions. She eventually continued as the man layed there knocked out, snoring on the floor.

"In 1978...the world has its first test tube baby - doctors were able to fertilize an egg and place it back in the female's body. This makes me feel uncomfortable because I can see so many awful things stem from this scientific break through. But then again, maybe it won't be as bad." Tritium finds herself laughing when she starts thinking about breeding her own army, "Muahahaha....ahem...sorry."

"In 1980...there are new reports of this disease called AIDS making its way into the United States. It's telling me this disease has a high fatality rate and it's going to be responsible of killing millions of people.", Tritium shakes her head. "If I'm still alive in 1980, I'm never leaving my house and if anybody comes near my property...BANG! No AIDS for me, no siree!"

"In 1986...some where in Ukraine there's going to be a large nuclear blast which is going to effect hundreds of thousands of people and their future generations to come. I can't tell if this is an accident or if it was an act of war. I think I see the name of the city...Charcoal-byl. I dunno, it's too blurry to read." Tritium rubs her eyes, she's starting to get a headache from concentrating so long into the crystal ball. The last time this happened, her headache got worse and worse so ending it now would be the smartest thing to do.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, my predictions are done for now. I have other predictions of things like Facebook, terroristic attacks on NYC, Michael Jackson, etc. but I need to go - I got this headache that's killing me! Well, I hope you all enjoyed what I was able to share with you, these predictions may not make a whole lot of sense but they're going to be real. I can guarantee you. "

Tritium puts away her crystal ball and makes haste to the nearest drug dealer for a good dose of strong pain killers.

"Goodbye!"

Report Post Tip

I am truly stunned by the revelations your crystal ball has shown, Tritium.I wish I was a psychic.

~J~

Report Post Tip

By 'psychic' do you actually mean 'possessing the ability to speak asinine bullshit which has absolutely no relevance or important to our thing'?

If so, my dear, you've excelled yourself. Sadly, this is nothing to be proud of as it means you are an absolute fucking cretin. Bravo.

Report Post Tip

Despite not being as well established as others in the streets, even I know this is not the way to establish a street presence of any note.

Conjuring devices and events far in the future on mere whim and wit, if just to have your voice echo, is not going to give anything back to our Thing. Irregardless of how well spoken out this may have been.

Therefore, I would suggest you leave science fiction to the writers of that discipline.

Report Post Tip

Mystery sat on the corner listening to the so called psychic, scratching his head. What in the bloody fucking hell was wrong with people these days? Apparently someone had smoked too much crack as a child to have such an imagination.

Handing Tritium a business card for a shrink, Mystery slinks off into the distance, mumbling about this day being the weirdest since that one time Enrique accidentally got his foot stuck in a urinal. 

Report Post Tip

Achilles unzips and pulls out his own "crystal" ball.

Early 2000's a game will be created which is based on the mafia lifestyle in America.

Achilles carreses the ball slightly and perks up a bit

In 2010 some idiot will come to the street pretending to make predictions on what would then be already past events. Everyone will point and laugh.

Achilles puts his ball away

No, these are not real predictions I'm afraid, I'm a mafioso not a fucken fortune teller, how am I supposed to know the future? All I'm bothered about is where the next piece of green is coming from.

Report Post Tip

Probably from old mother Achilles' evening street crawl I would have thought?

Report Post Tip

Hears thunder

Watch your back bebz.

Report Post Tip

She isn't behind me is she?

Report Post Tip

If by "she" you mean that sweet vision of lightning that usually strikes those who are constantly chipping away at this place, then yes, I mean that little tart.

If you meant the old hen then no, she's out on the prowl. I have to raise the money for these HQ decorations somehow and she has utterly demolished the old saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, if I wasn't making so much money I'd be quite disgusted.

Report Post Tip

The slut.

Report Post Tip

Listen, no one is forcing you to sit here and listen to my speech. You should of left the second I pulled out my crystal ball, but what did you do instead? Stuck around until it was over and took the time out of your schedule to give your valuable opinions. Mercury, if I lived in a place where trolls ruled the world and narrow minded people were always right, then yes, I have to agree with your opinion. Perhaps you can offer the same valuable advice about relevance and importance to this guy that's giving a speech in this picture. You probably recognize him, take a look.

Tritium hands you a picture and shrugs.

Achilles, I thought you were a pretty intelligent guy but you're proving otherwise. I like the attempt to mock me, but there's just one small question I have to ask...what decade of time is this game (from the 21st centry) based off of? Hmmm.

(OOC: I know this isn't as relevant as you hoped for, but the date of these predictions start around the area of time where this game is based from. I even included some details that kept my thread relevant to the 1930's. I'm tired of the same topics being brought up again and again and again over time. As long as I'm within the boundaries, I plan on posting something different. And for future reference, if you don't like it, then DON'T READ IT! I'm still pretty new to this RP'ing concept so give a sista some slack!)

Report Post Tip

Prodigy ~I have no clue is, that a new car? Oh, I know it is some kind of new rifle. Says Prodigy while scratching his head.

Report Post Tip

If I want to listen to your speech and offer my opinions - no matter how negative - then I will. This is because I've earnt the right to do so. On the contrary, you have absolutely no right to subtly insinuate that a member of my upper structure is making speeches that aren't relevant or important.

This may seem hypocritical to you, but the fact is that he's a boss and LHM to Chicago's senior underboss, to an extent he has earnt his right to make sarcastic, ironical or satirical observations that are only tangentially connected to our thing. You, as a totally unknown earner, have not earnt this right.

However, perhaps the onus is on myself to be more helpful and less downright mean. Difficult for me I know, but I'll try my cherub. Firstly, I would recommend either speaking more sense, or at least waiting till you are known and respected enough to talk gibberish. If you do not do either you will end up subject to severe criticsm from the majority, you've probably realised this by now.

Secondly, I really would think twice about so much as publically disliking the shoes of any city's upper echelons before you have the power, rank, or status to speak such frankly. And you'd do very well indeed to heed that advice.

Report Post Tip

She listens to the meaningless babble and following reactions and smiles sweetly.

Tritium, I know the name of a fantastic psycho-analyst. His current experimentations include electroshock therapy. I hear he pays his lab rats, I mean patients, well. You should look him up. I know how hard it is to be an Earner these days...

One thing though love, if you speak publicly.. Be prepared for the onslaught of attention that you will receive. This isn't a world where we hold hands around a campfire and sing Kumbaya after all. You will get good reactions and bad reactions. Fluffy stuff like this isn't usually greeted with kind reactions unless you've proven yourself prior to such fluff. This is no better than the "Mafia Idol" and beauty pageants we see time... and time... and time again.

Mixing the future with the past is never a good thing. It leads to tears in the space-time continuum. Being as intelligent as you are I'm sure you know what the outcome of that could be.

Instead of being offended by criticism, embrace it and use it to improve your future ventures into the public Streets where people can and will speak their minds about the goings on they witness.. ESPECIALLY if they don't like it.

She pats Tritium on the back and smiles.

It's nothing to get your knickers in a knot over... I mean... You should be able to peer into your crystal ball and see that everything is going to be just fine. I'm sure you can even see yourself getting over the pain that this has caused you... Should be easier than your gibberish here... It's the near future not the space age you are predicting.

Report Post Tip

Apparently her Crystal Ball didn't see this one coming.

I just can't take seriously anyone who claims to have superhuman powers and a crystal ball to gaze into the future with. As I said we're mafiosi not fortune tellers.

Report Post Tip

None of the stuff you've seen in your crystal ball will EVER happen!  It's so ridiculous to think that any of that stuff is even remotely possible. 

And I wish you guys would stop caressing those balls.  Nuff said.

Report Post Tip

You should caress my balls some time, Hal.

Report Post Tip

Is this where we get a chorus of tenors singing "Boom Chicka Wow Wow" softly? If so I'll go get some volunteers from Bubba's Boy Choir. I hear they are playing at the local playhouse tonight.

She drapes a feather boa around Hal's shoulders.

There, very sexy.. Now for your eyes... Oh and that hair!

Report Post Tip

Tritium, I for one enjoyed listening to your speech. It's not the first time I've sauntered down these streets and heard something original that I've chosen to listen carefully to. If we had more people like you that are willing to step up and speak about something new then perhaps we might find ourselves some variation on the streets of America. I know that before I went into business, I used to listen to the warblings of religious people talking about their religions and how the world was going to end in the next 48 hours. I used to listen and enjoy the ramblings of these individuals with their beliefs.

It was refreshing to hear someone voicing something other than the constant drone of discussions going on and on about the business we're in and how it goes and what makes up the life we live and how we're supposed to live it etc etc. I could go on, but it's so unoriginal that it bores me.

Kudos Tritium, I look forward to hearing more of your speeches in the future. Perhaps the naysayers would like to come up with something original too, before I stamp the word hypocrite on their foreheads so I know to keep walking when they're talking about something I heard last week, and the week before that, and the week before that...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Huh?! What's an I-Pod?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL