Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 06:55:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Females on MafiaReturns Started by: Anselmo on Mar 28, '10 03:15

I've been drinking and probably shouldn't be on this site at all right now, but I have the nerve up to post so I'm going to do it anyway and probably just regret it tomorrow instead

Not too long ago I was chatting with a buddy on here and I said that one of these times I was going to come back with a female character just to see if I would be treated any differently in the game. Turns out I was killed in this most recent war and I usually create some dummy account after I get killed just to see what's going on before I harass some CL to HQ wack me so I can come back with a real account. Anyway I decided to come back as a female for my dummy account and even put a pic of a girl on my profile.

Not even five minutes later I start getting these creepy mails from dudes on here. I only really talk to a handful of people on here but some of them are female and they have complained about this to me in the past. I dont want to exagerate and make it out like I was full-out sexually propositioned and may have been all in fun, but Im a creep in my own right and know when somebody is trying to hit a girl up online. I remember one time with one of my older accounts there was some idiot on IRC bothering a female friend of mine with his horrible cyber-sex creep skills and as a joke on me she told him that she wasnt interested personally in MR dating as it is supposedly called, but that she knew somebody who was and gave this dumb fuck my account's name. This guy mails me some sort of weird shit about holding my hand and saying 'come with me we walk off together blah blah blah" so I replied back and said what the fuck are you talking about Im a GUY for fucks sake! Then for the next half hour I have to read mobmails from this weirdo apologizing to me and swearing to me that he is not gay. I dont really give a crap if you are or arent gay, but regardless, you are GHEY! And by the way, I know this guy still plays so if you're reading this and are wondering if I am talking about you, I used to be Oderus. So yeah, YOU!

Goddam go to a BAR and hit on a girl! Or if you're not comfortable with doing that or are too young to go to a bar go to a website condusive to that kind of stuff. I know there are girls on here that are into the whole cyber-fucking online sex scene and that is totally cool, believe me I am not judging. I have my own creep-like fetishes and idiosyncrisies but still, some females are on this site just to play the game and not be bothered with creepiness. Fucking whack off to a movie or magazine or something even! I remember Kates' profile pic had a drop dead gorgeous girl as a profile pic and a lot of people probably knew kates was actually a dude IRL, but I wonder if he had to put up with that stuff when he was lower ranked (btw, I saved that profile pic from Kates obit to my desktop so fine I'm a creep too. sue me). Still as hot as that pic was I never mailed Kates and and fucking bothered him/her on a fucking Mafia RPG! "Hey Kates nice boobies! I really want to tittie F you!" (which I did actually, but I have the self control not to mail a total stranger and tell them just because they have a hot online game profile pic. I keep those naughty thoughts to myself. Sorry, now Im just rambling)

Anyway I have a newfound sympathy for the ladies on this game. one of these days after my Anselmo account dies (hopefully not tonight) I will come back as a female on straight wack answers and train my gun like a madman (or madwoman) and shoot the first weirdo who hits one me. I'll find some CL I dont care for that I wouldnt feel bad roguing on and join them. Then I'll start shooting the creeps as they come to me. Maybe not my next account or the account after that even, but someday. So beware all creeps after Anselmo dies. I KEEL you. You wont know who it is, so best just not bug anybody female on here with your awful creepiness. Fucking people give me the douche chills seriously

Anyway I'd like to close by asking Gwarble to please not kill me for writing this. Like I said Im drunk. I'll double my tribute or something. I'd also like to urge everybody to read Gwarble Barble as I believe it is the best publication the streets have to offer. I'm not kissing ass (even though I am :/ ) I mean that.

Thanks for reading and bless you all. Its a fucking Mafia game remember that you dope

Report Post Tip

This is the first thread I have ever read that had me both nodding my head in agreement and laughing until my siedes ached. It isn't always "hard" per se to be a girl playing this game, but there are some male players that can make it more difficult or uncomfortable.

Basically you have to train yourself to ignore weirdos and get a bra of steel when it comes to creeps, freaks and people who just don't respect you.

Report Post Tip

Thanks Bianca. I probably shouldnt have posted any of this shit in retrospect, and i was actually half-kidding just trying to amuse the masses for the most part, but the other half was legitimately weirded out when I got those mails. It was just weird for me seeing it from the other perspective. Anyway its way too late for me to be on here so im going to log off now. btw Im not going to do any of that shit I said I was going to do above I'm just talking smack (or am I?) Good night.

Report Post Tip

I knew as soon as you told me you were drunk and posting something in the 'OOC' it would be something that would touch a nerve in this game, but that's why we love you as we do...

I've never really experienced any sexual harassment, well not to my knowledge anyway, which is a surprise, I mean who wouldn't want to tap this....anyway.

But what I really don't get is why "some people" are surprised by this whole ordeal. You should expect some limp dick to try to hit on you here, especially if you have a saucy picture, and I've seen some pretty saucy ones knocking around here from time to time. I mean at the end of the day what's the difference between here and in a club or a bar somewhere.

Anyway to finish my incessant half-arsed rant of drivel I shall offer my advice, if you idiotic enough to take it onboard, there are sexual deviants everywhere, deal with it and shrug it off...

Report Post Tip

And by the way, I know this guy still plays so if you're reading this and are wondering if I am talking about you, I used to be Oderus. So yeah, YOU!

It was a legitimate mistake. I'm not gay man. I swear.

I just thought you would be down for some non-sexual hand holding. Like real men do.

Report Post Tip

Who's this Oderus  creep?

Report Post Tip

I mean at the end of the day what's the difference between here and in a club or a bar somewhere.

Really? If you don't know, you need to get out more.

Nice thread, btw. You should totally do the "kill the douchebag-creepo" thing. I might even join you. We can be twin sisters.

Report Post Tip

Really? If you don't know, you need to get out more.

Wait, there is more to the world than my bedroom?

Report Post Tip

i like the idea of this thread it speaks the truth even if u were piss drunk when u wrote it, from the day i started playin even before i put up my current profile pic i had creeps comin out of the woodworks with silly pick up lines like "I believe in reincarnation; where have you been all my past lives?" or one of my favorites was " Something tells me you're sweet. Can I have a taste and see if I'm right?" funny thing is most of the players doing this it seems are about 15 years old tho a few older ones have done the same thing my normal response to them is something along the lines of "hahaha i dont think so.. how old are u anyway", i just come to believe that the creepos are something u just have to learn to deal with around here if ur female simplest way to make them go away is ignore the mails they send.

Report Post Tip

After re-reading this post this morning, I hadnt realized I had written this in such an angry tone. I was actually in a prety good mood last night. Just felt like ranting because it was something I find creepy and I felt like making the people that do it feel bad about themselves (in a non-angry fun-loving way)

AlbertAgueci I see your point and I understnad what you're saying. I suppose stuff like that is inevitable. Fuck it if you cant beat em join em, right?

makes out with AlbertAgueci

Report Post Tip

Generally if someone hits on you and doesn't give up after you protest, a quick, "Look kid, I'm old enough to be your mother" usually works.

...If it doesn't, THEN you are truly fucked. :/

(That's my two cents.)

But yes, thank you Anselmo, for highlighting the plight of the female player.

Report Post Tip

Haha, as a male and only ever played a male character so I can't vouch for the annoyance this must bring to females on this game however we arn't all like this :P 

Tbh, I never ask or checked whether people are male or female on this game.  I've been friends with people before who only months later found out they were actually females and it did not change my perspective or the way I act around them.  Just an example Anselmo, I knew him from before the sex change and had he not mentioned he was playing a female role I would have never even knew he was.  So on that note if you seem me talking in game or irc referring to someone as a He/She its no disrespect, just I could careless.

Theres a place to meet women and personally in my opinion it's not MR nor the internet entirely.  We come here to play a game and socialize not to pick up...

Report Post Tip

You wouldn't believe how much I've been propostioned on this name.

Report Post Tip

Lol  @Mercury..

Report Post Tip

Im sorry ladies, Ill stop getting drunk and MRing

Report Post Tip

Cow is treated as both man and woman. The ultimate being you might say.

Report Post Tip

Rather drunken or not, I couldn't agree more with the initial rant.

Some people are genuinely just trying to build a character-based storyline between a male and female character, which is cool if that's how your character's mutually roll. However, it's generally not that hard to pick out the creeps from the roleplayers - some people manage to take it just that one step too far.

I've found that playing as a male character (as indeed Rushton is, fyi) makes life far easier. As a female I've had some quite forward propositions from certain individuals within the MafiaReturns community - forward enough for someone not normally considered a prude (hmm) to sit back and go, "um, no", (kinda like the McDonald's ads, but with the opposite slogan).

Perhaps I should've reported them, and should it happen again in the future I will certainly consider doing so, which is probably a more viable option for those female characters in the game that haven't quite built their gun up/like their family too much to rogue to actually shoot the bastard.

Report Post Tip

Lolz... This thread was alright. Had me laughing a bit.

Report Post Tip

Blondie, your comments were dead on!.  You do have to develop a rather thick skin I suppose.  Felicity, you should also try the proverbial bucket of ice down the pants.  That works too. 

Report Post Tip

This is also a case of the "bad apple spoiling the bunch".  For every 10 genuine respectable females, theres the one who literally cheapens the whole gender and sluts their way to a position of power and is on the receiving end of many peoples gifts.  They play the men like a fiddle, and earn their place via playing the temptress.  While sure, there will always be creeps/perverts/pushy men on here that try to hit on everything that moves - the bad apple's really make it difficult on the genuine respectable females by encouraging these sexually deprived teens into being rewarded by their behavior.  They now do it en mass hoping they get their proverbial perverted cookie by playing the numbers game (Hit on 10, 9 say no, but 1 will say yes).

Sooooo, want to cut down on the perverted behavior here, then simply eliminate the whores who promote it, and the creeps who embrace it.  Get your crewleader involved, and if it gets bad, get the Admins involved.  When a pervert makes it to the top, his behavior is then - in his mind - accepted.  When the female flaunter gets to the top, her behavior, in her mind - is accepted.  Neither of these situations should happen and should be addressed early on in their careers.

Heh, sorry if this comes off wrong, its just a pet peeve of mind.  The perverts and the women who take advantage of them. Fuck em' in the eye. :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Females on MafiaReturns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL