Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:09:28
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Ancestral Riches? Started by: William on Mar 30, '10 16:06

William walks to the soap box clears his throat and begins to speak.

Hello one and all, My name is William and I am just here to get a
load off my chest. I was walking down the Street the other day and I saw two people whom I would like to comment upon, one was aConsiglere who was protected by a few Body guards and another was a Goomba who was obscenely well protected and was surrounded by an

entire bunch of Bodyguards. Now this surprised me a lot, I was curious about these two characters and I started to ask around about them, it so turns out that the Consig did not have any sufficient bloodline to speak of however, the Goomba had a powerful father and was hence protected by a swarm of Body guards. I was,to be honest,surprised to

hear this explanation and could not help but ponder on a few things.

Every man is a separate human being in this planet and hence have a lot of different qualities, so, why then do we judge the son by what his father or grandfather did?  If we are to be favoring what the father did over what the son did, then what is the point of this son's existence, he might as well be known as the son of his father rather than by his own name.

Please note that I am not here to insult or call anybody out but I am here only because I am not sure as to the reasons for this habit of giving the sons of friends Bodyguards and was wondering if all of you could help in enlightening me as to the reasons for this.

Report Post Tip

In my case, I know that the son of who served me well will also serve me well so I invest in him/her while resources are cheap so when he/she reaches a higher rank s/he is already loaded up without having to invest the hundreds of millions it would cost at the higher rank. And I know that eventually the person will pay me back in earnings or direct payments when they can carry enough units to pay me back with certain speed.

I'm surprised this really is a question. Unless you are one of those that don't get favored by the leaders.

Report Post Tip

Notice also that a son can inherit from her father enormous amount of money. It can help a lot to have many bodyguards pretty soon, in addition to what CN has explained.  

Report Post Tip

Brother William I would like to just help you understand the very core belief of family. When you die and if you were well respected in your family would you not want you son or daughter looked after? It is only right that the Don you serve would treat you with that respect if they are able to. Now I think it gets even more dangerous if and when your son or daughter decideds to join this thing of ours they would be very well gaurded for as my Godfather Crazynine stated,"Eventually the person (daughter or son) will pay me back in earnings or direct payment."Its not nessecarily that every leader plays favorites its that they know who will be trustworthy judging on their ancestors. I hope my dear friend this helps you in some way. May God bless you and keep you.

Singer sits back and drinks a nice cold glass of water.

Report Post Tip

Every time I see an interesting topic, I think I'll make more of an effort to come out here to these streets to address that topic. 

I think your questions are interesting William.  I think CrazyNine has offered a good explanation of this practice.  I would reiterate those points, and add this: Don't look at it as buying bodyguards for "sons of friends."  Leaders are not buying bodyguards for friends or sons of friends.  Or even daughters of friends.  Leaders buy bodyguards for sons and daughters of FAMILY.  Friends mean far less than family. 

I guess it kind of goes back to that debate about low ranking individuals who become RHs or LHs.  It's all a matter of who a leader trusts.  And if a leader trusts you enough, they are going to provide for you and your family because, in the long run, such conduct will ensure that leader's family is protected in times of war. 

Report Post Tip

also, some individuals have access to their deceased relatives *investments once they pass - and may decide to dig into their money when they are a youngster. not everybody has the same story. I broke the tradition in my bloodline to delve into criminal activity, so I received no privileges from anybody. but I have never been jealous. I have worked hard and I am a proud mobster.(*OOC: selling their credits they earned on their past account)

Report Post Tip

Godfather CrazyNine,Consiglere sanpei, Made Men Hal_Jordan, SINGER and Wise Guy -iocaste- I appreciate you coming here and helping me understand this topic and I thank you all for presenting your views here.

Report Post Tip

Unless you are one of those that don't get favored by the leaders.

Apparently he isnt.

Report Post Tip

Well, Beast, I was not favoured by my leader and I am not here bitching about that as I know my father and grandfather while they are heroes in my mind, they did not do enough in the world to grant me any special rights. However, I am here to figure out the reason for such grants of BG's and would appreciate it if you answered the question at hand.

~W~

Report Post Tip

I thought CrazyNine had put it into perfect perspective for you and I didn't need any more than what I said in complete agreement with him.

Or do you wish me to think of a long and Pointless speech which reflects exactly on what most others have said? I'm pretty sure I can make my point without any "Filler".

Report Post Tip

shut up Beast, your only good as a fluffer not a filler

Report Post Tip

Shouldn't you be Stroking some Fat flaps?

Report Post Tip

oh yeah thanks for reminding me.....care to lift up your top heyoooooooo

Report Post Tip

I will lift up Birday's.

Report Post Tip

Watches the tumble weed blow by and hears the clock chime in the silence of Beast's remark

Report Post Tip

a man should not be  judge by what his father or grandfather did he should be respected for his loyality to his family and how he carry himself.

Report Post Tip

i totally agree with CN. it is natural for any character with a powerful bloodline to inherit a lot of wealth.

ergo, they get themselves a lot of BGs.

Report Post Tip

"I can see what William is trying to say... how often people look to the son and daughter of a great linage with the same expectations of their fathers before them, however there is no mistake that a families code is often carried strictly through the linage; therefore the son of a great made man will often strive as hard as his father to achieve and better the performance they have left before them. 

In this world there are often many people who lack the trust required to hold powerful positions within a family, so when a lineage proves themselves to their family there is no surprise that precious trust is passed down to their kin so it is not lost."

Report Post Tip

To be Honest I don't see where all the logic that each Mobster should start from scratch comes from.

From the moment on these shores I'm looking to make a name for myself, get contacts. I am not only doing this for myself, but for the benefit of my Son back in Sicily. Of course I want the best for my kid, and that I want him to do well. Who doesnt?

My point is, if/when he takes advantage of Contacts through me, he shouldn't feel like he is being given things he doesnt deserve. Because I worked hard to do that for him, and he will likely do the same for his Son.

Report Post Tip

Shouldn't our sons then suffer Vendetta for our mistakes?

If our 'good work' is carried unto our descendants then why not punish the children of idiots as well?  I think this is where the logic that each mobster should start from scratch comes from.  Although this "logic" is rarely practiced in reality.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ancestral Riches?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL