Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 20:32:35
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Durden Raids Started by: enkindle on Sep 22, '16 22:02

Durden Raids are now available for public testing. In this new daily event, your crew must work together with their Bodyguards to defeat a crew of Durden soldiers.

You may find the Raids in the Profit menu. To participate you need to have at least one named bodyguard that has at least one skill (Wack, Defense, Stealth, Info or Rage) trained.

There is an in-depth explanation at the bottom of the Raid page.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The big rewards are not in place yet, and wont be until we can get things balanced.  Difficulty, rewards, and some other aspects can only be honed after watching a fair amount of testing.  We may make some changes after getting some feedback and some more data, so don't get too too attached to something :P

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

What he said.

Report Post Tip

Is there an ETA/idea of how much data you need before this feature is fully implemented? Training these bi-daily seems to costs a small fortune, and the bounty payouts aren't really reflecting the investment we've put into them so far.

Report Post Tip

I agree completely with Daria.  And then only one or two of the persons in my crew even have named bodyguards. Nor do they train. Ridiculous amount of money I've spent on mine.

Report Post Tip

Which difficulty is your crew trying them on, Daria, BobaFett?

Report Post Tip

We're currently doing Extremely Challenging and will probably bump it up further - even still, I imagine I'd have to run multiple weeks of raids without additional training to recoup costs.

Report Post Tip

I believe once they go fully live, Enkindle had mentioned something about special Perks + completion bonuses, perhaps those would help offset the training costs some. We shall see!

Report Post Tip

Aye thats why Daria was asking when it goes live, as currently a lot of people investing into their BGs to simply hit a Durden and get a few k back isn't worth the time nor hassle that they are investing into it.

Report Post Tip

I don't think investing in your bodyguards solely for Durden Raids is the best way to go. However, you do get the defence boost from them being trained, which is the primary reason for having them in the first place.

Looking at my BGs:

Brent - 58 Wins, 63 Losses, $746,200 Earned

KingBenny - 6 Wins, 9 Losses, $83,200 Earned

BigwoodLongdong - 6 Wins, 17 Losses, $83,200 Earned

RabbitKilla666 - 11 Wins, 8 Losses, $150,800 Earned

TesleRSucks - 7 Wins, 6 Losses, $88,400 Earned

BarbaraAmmer - 47 Wins, 54 Losses, $586,200 Earned

I think they've had a decent return on investment, although I haven't actually sat down and worked it out.

Either way, I think it is a nice little feature to waste a little time on. 

Report Post Tip

Depends what you put into it Lucius. One stat going all the way to level 10 would cost you 550,000. If you choose to max each stat out, you've got a max cost for that 1 BG 2.75 million.

My best BG;

SophiaRocks Slash 285 124 161 $1,171,800

This is after a lot of fights. Not even half the max amount I can pay to train it has been won back. Accounting for days where maybe I didnt do any fights etc, we can still say there is a large shortfall in amount of effort required to re-coup investment currently.

I'm not bothered by this really, as I appreciate the option is still in testing and so im happy to invest into my BG to further use the Raids to test them, but I figured I might as well echoe the sentiment that there is indeed an obvious shortfall in reward for doing so.

Report Post Tip
216 Wins, 126 Losses, $2,192,000 Earned
My best BG, StoooopidTree (might have a few extra or missing some o's) only trained wack skill to 6 and no further. Yes you can be out some money if you constantly train them but it's an investment much like a DFP. The risk for the raids I feel is a lot less than buying a DFP because if you're like me and have an issue keeping them for more than 4 days that's about a 5 million dollar loss. This is a lot cheaper and you have the ability to control the risk you take on your investment by your training schedule for them
Report Post Tip

I think it largely depends upon what you're killing and the bounty you're earning.

For your 285 wins, you're only averaging a bounty of like $4,000, so you're killing some really weak Durdens.

For my 58 wins, I'm averaging $12,800. If I had done your number of wins at my average, I would be ahead of the game even with a maxed BG at $2.75m.

Report Post Tip

I have a question about why BG's are being greyed out before their skills are depleted. The object seems to be to kill as many durden BG's as possible, so it seems when I use my skill strategically and spread their skills out for the best over all success, the algorithms you use don't seem to like this. Or is there just something obvious that I am missing? 

P.S. just to be clear, they are being greyed out before their skills are used, not even wounded and certainly not defeated.

Report Post Tip

A single one, or past the 5th one?

Report Post Tip

ahh, I see. After the 5. Forgive me I had to read the section again. 

Has their been any thoughts on changing that aspect?

I have yet to see my crew finish the raids in the 40 days I've been back.

Report Post Tip

Raylan_Givens, your CL can change the difficulty level. I was in a crew where only two people were doing it and we were able to beat it every time on the lowest difficulty, even with my poorly trained BGs. We went up difficulties as we trained. But if it's just one person doing it then it's pretty hard to beat. 

Report Post Tip

ahh, yes. thank you Daniella. And thank you Squishy.

cheers!

Report Post Tip

Anyone else had a really hard BG added to their list today?

Ive had our crew at the same setting for a while now and today, we got a BG that was stats like;

38 Wack

18 Defence

29 Stealth

18 Info

(or thereabouts. All really high stats)

Just wondered if this was a new change, or an anomaly on our part.

Report Post Tip

It was just my luck around Slash... But glad the thing was done:

Raid Complete!

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Durden Raids
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL