Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 04:59:45
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Loyal Soilder Started by: SINGER on Apr 01, '10 15:46

As singer walks around the streets he finds an old newspaper that recorded a specific event. Apparently there was a war a long time before SINGER was around. Singer took a look at the recorded thread and his mind was brought to an interesting stand what is loyalty and when is it best shown. Singer Takes a sip of his Lemon water and Circles around the crowd as he speaks. Smiling to everyone he sees and stares in to the heart of all the men gathered there.

Beautiful Ladies and Respected Gentleman i would like to gather your attention and i would love to gather your thoughts. This is a question as old as Mafia goes, but i don't think it has ever been really resolved. I now throw to you a bubble of thought what does it mean to say you are loyal to someone to sign those rules we all sign? What does it mean to say that you are in a family? What is the difference of a made man and a wise guy, should they both not die for the family who takes care of them? Now let us move forward to the part i am most excited to hear of, how do you show your loyalty? Is it through hard work and difficult progress or is it a much easier task done by just telling everyone who you are and what you stand for? Should it be paraded in the streets and you telling everyone who you are and what you stand for or should this loyalty only be brought out and proven at the most dangerous of times?

Singer stares into the eyes of the young earners trying to rally them up. Then looks over to those who are higher in rank and Nods in respect to them.

Stories of bravado and Courage are truly amazing. Even more they are remarkable when the Soldier fights for what he loves. When one loves one becomes loyal to the end. But it cannot be said for a loyal one that he must love. If you have read the story i hold in my hand,<a href="http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/4380" class="six cool">a story i found!</a> then you will know where i am going with this. What does it mean to be loyal? To go down swinging till the last man is out or does it mean simply that when your leader dies you are no longer loyal to anyone or anything, after all what obligation do you have if its the one you were obligated to is no longer here? hmmm striking is it not it? I like to think that man as a creature is a loyal warrior. But what do i mean by that, Do i mean that man is one who fights to the end well then yes i do but i also do think that a man who is loyal might show the greatest loyalty to those he is loyal to through his actions. This showing that the leader chose a brilliant worker or this shows that the leader chose a warrior of the family. Napoleon Bonaparte once said,"It is amazing how men will fight for a piece of colored ribbon."

Singer looks up at the stars and smiles thinking about his past friends and family who seem to go away so quickly. He thinks and pulls out the watch checking his time. Then goes on after taking a sip of his water with lemon.
 For me my dear friends Loyalty is simple. Loyalty means proving your leader made the smart move. Meaning always showing your leader is great. Always glorifying your leaders. Depending on whatever the problem is at hand one should always be mindful that loyalty to the family is not the only loyalty out there. You also have loyalty to yourself, a harder pain to deal with if you break it. A loyal member of the family to me is one who would be willing to say yeah i see the rules but i am going to go above and beyond that by doubling that. How else would people get so far in this world. Loyalty to the family does not sit in with telling everyone family news it goes further in saying one never ever settles for lees for the family. If a man could work and bring his family more to eat at night would he not do it? That is so, one gives his whole being to the family. Let us end with one last point. Loyalty to Death. To sum it up lets strike at the heart here. If your leader says die you die. If your leader says kill you kill. Not really to hard to break there. and when your leader dies I think yes you are free to do what you want. I would not expect a leader to have his family die for him who can no longer fight, and i would expect you would do your leader greater respect by proving the world he chose a brilliant man to work for him rather just go out and kill one body guard and then be killed by an earner in the other family. One is more heroic and Definitely more Loved and to be truthful one is the way we all go but the other could be the mark of a true loyal family member, If he remembers his family in all he does, for he will continue the fallen leaders regime whether it is liked or not, he will continue until he dies to show the world that his leader made a great choice in choosing him.

Singer Drinks the glass of water with the lemon in it.
Now my dear friends if there is something you wish me to go back over or explain it would be an honor. But please I would like to hear your opinions as well, Comment on any of that which i have posed here, for there is no right answer.

Report Post Tip

Intriguing. I agree whole heartedly, although, if your leader should die, i think it would be wise to find another family in the same city. That way, if and when your leader's children come back to these shores, you will be able to help them.

Stands there waiting to hear some other intelligent answer.

Report Post Tip

Loyalty is when you do what ever you can do for your family but when your family is no more it is ok to join another aslong as your loyal

Report Post Tip

KittyKat stood listening to the man speak. The goosebumps covered her arms listening to him speak of loyalty and what it means. She stepped forward from the gathering crowd and waited for him to finish. As he began to taper off and bring his thoughts to a close. the last words hung lingering on the air. She took in a deep breath and began to speak.

"Loyalty to me means so much more than just being there to the end. Fighting till your last breath. It means being loyal to all those in your family that your leader puts so much trust and faith in. Flying to a city you had no interest in being in, because you knew that one of your family needed a helping hand out of jail, or working in their businesses, cause they couldn't do it all on their own. Handing a newly inducted thug money, so that they may have a little easier time starting out. I remember the first day I stepped foot on these lands, I didn't have a clue. I was greeted and shown the way and helped into a family. Thats loyalty. When you believe so much in your family and your leader that you would bring new people into the organization with enthusiasm. I would do anything to protect my family, whether they be a Don or a Thug, for we are all just an extension f each other."

KittyKat blushed slightly. SHe could feel all eyes on her. She wasn't used to being under the gaze of so many, but what she had just said she felt with every fiber of her being. She loved her family, and would even as she should ever take her last breath. She stepped back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Singer listens intently to his two agreeing family members. Then takes one more sip of his water.

Thank you both for coming out here with me. Um let me go on and say I love history, for history always shines through even when we try to dim the light. Once long ago lived a man in Scotland, William Wallace was his name.Leading the Scottish rebellion he pursued and fought against the English. Now one day William Wallace Was killed. The Scottish had a choice here, Fold and give in their cards or to push forward and fight for what their leader had fought for. The Scottish Fought died and yet won their independence. Now is it still so you think, to just let go and join another family?This is not the only time this has happened this is just one of many events. Another great testament would be of Jesus The Christ.

Singer sips the water once more

Although his followers did not have to kill they followed him even to his death on Calvary. Because of such a strong following and belief in their leader Jesus has a church that stands today since the time of his early followers. They died yes some as martyrs others of old age but look at what they accomplished. That is loyalty. They did not join another teacher cause they were scared of death, rather they accepted it as showing the true loyalty that was in the heart of those men and women.

Then after thinking of what KittyKat had just said he felt a great honor of being in the same family with her.

Report Post Tip

Standing there staring at SINGER she ponders for a moment before she starts to speak,.

"Loyalty isn't something you can boost about in the streets.. those are mere words to be honest, real loyalty is shown over time to those you are loyal too, When you join a family and you sign and agree to the rules you give your word to uphold those rules at all costs, you from then forward should be loyal to your GF your CL as well as all members of your family, if you don't follow the rules and remain loyal then your life should be taken swiftly.. no exceptions.

Some will say there should be exceptions but I don't believe it to be that way, if you screw up then you know the price you have to pay and it is a pricey one, when I entered the wonderful family I am now part of I proudly signed the rules and I will uphold them reguardless of anything else, the family comes first over everything.. my bloodline has shown several times they are willing to lay down their lives for what they believe in and what their families stand for, "in this thing of ours" we have all choosen to lives a certain way, so your word is your bond, its really all we have.. money means nothing and your status and rank mean even less if you dishonor Omerta or your family.

Report Post Tip

First of all SINGER, you should either remove your chewing gum before speaking or explain to me what a "soilder" is...

Now all jokes aside, let's get into your interesting speech.

Loyalty implies a steadfast and devoted attachment that is not easily turned aside: loyalty to an oath; loyalty to one's family. (Yes, I looked it up to help myself find the right words)

I like the idea of attachment. So I'd like to think one is not so capable of just detaching from one Family and just moving on to the next.

If a CL falls to a gun malfunction or dies in a war but his city still comes out victorious, the members can relocate in the existing crews of said city but one should never join the enemy or another neutral city. Every single soul should fight to the death.

That being said, I adapt quickly to my surroundings as to not give an unfair advantage to other cities.

If a war is over and unsponsored mobsters come to me looking for shelter, I will most likely give him one, but I would treat that person like the lowest thug until he earns MY trust, no matter his rank at the time of joining me.

You asked people how they show their loyalties... I started out in Deimne's crew and I think my recipe for success was an extremely simple one. I kept my nose clean, always respected my superiors and did anything that was asked of me and always made it clear to several members in my family that I could be counted on for anything they saw me fit and talented enough to do. Eventually, Godfather Deimne saw me talented enough to run my own crew and the rest is pretty much known history.

Report Post Tip

If you ever reach the point of becoming Godfather or Godmother, you can set aside your loyalties to your current situation. Then, and only then, should you ever break your word on being loyal to your current crew, leader, and Godfather/mother. But obviously not everyone shares my opinion.

Report Post Tip

Falcon, forgive me for being blunt, but you made no sense.

You started by saying "if you become Godfather" then talk about the loyalties to your GF and leader.

Report Post Tip

Indeed, Godfather CrazyNine.

I believe what Falcon meant to say was that upon reaching such a rank, current loyalties are no longer applicable.

Instead such loyalties, for lack of a better term, are to the city.
To nourish, protect, and guide it during the tenure the Godfather has
over it. At least...that is what my father scribbled in his journal.

Report Post Tip

Robert_Guiscard unscrambled my misspoken message. What I was attempting to say was, when you become a Godfather or Godmother, the loyalties you had to your previous Godfather or Godmother are severed. You maybe remain friendly with them, but now your main focus is protecting the city you've taken over.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Crazynine spoke and everyone stood silent. Who knew a man could recieve this much respect while just speaking. A man sneazed during Crazynines speech and his bodygaurds shot the man. Impressive singer thought.

Well thankyou for gracing us with your presence Godfather Its an honor. Lets dive deeper then. The cost of life is great no doubt. The cost of a city is greater. I think everyone would agree there. You say that if you took maybe a Don into your family you would treat him like a thug, well that is an interesting point. This man this don who started from humble beginnings as well lost his entire famliy to your family then comes in and asks to join you. There is no greater form of respect then that. So why treat him so harsh why not treat him as a made man? After all he has experience he would probably kill for you and die for you. Yes he didnt die for his other leader or family but he might not have been in town. So I think that might be another problem with loyalty, a Mafioso should be given a chance form the very start, Drop down his rank and let him work up for you.

Singer smiles at Falcon and crazynine then continues.

You lead a city. I lead not even my own life. what more loyalty does one need?

Report Post Tip

Sabotage listens to everyone then listens to Singer response to CrazyNine's question.

Singer why should CrazyNine trust another Don from another family?  What has the Don done for CrazyNine? Yeah, He went to CrazyNine  seeking for home since his family that once stood strong is no longer here. He acquired loyalty in his family not CrazyNine's familly. As far as CrazyNine knows he is just some random person needing help. There has been no loyalty proven at all. I don't ever recall one of my ancestors joining another family after they just been taken out. I stand by my city no matter what the situation might be.   

Report Post Tip

Oh Sabtage i do as well so dont get me wrong. I dont feel the need to keep stating that i would die for this family. i would Die for Crazynine as I would die for you sabotage. But my question here is not that he shouldnt trust him it is more of why would you treat one as low as a thug? I can understand the point of making one prove his bones and all that good stuff but why make one who has much experience Be lowered to the standard as one just coming into the family?

Singer stops and remembers something. It has become evident on his face.

I do not say i would not do the same. I would for as i said i  love history it always comes back. Right now as i was speaking i remembered the Romans and how they treated certain allies. They would always humble them first. And then i take a look at Machiavelli and realize that he believed that a new prince would never easily rule in a old state. That meaning only A Godfather would never have any competition  with an outside Don who came to the family because of the fact that The Godfathers Family loves him more than the outside don. If this does not make since i will clarify.

Singer clears his throat once more

Godfather Crazynine is my friend. And God forbid him to die i will always take care of his family because he is my friend, My brother. My question only comes from understanding the mind of one who is more learned than i am. If you do not understand my dear brother, Crazynine has just proven himself a mafia Genius with his simple statements.Trust in the fact that i am not disloyal and i have nothing to prove, for those i have loyalty to prove i have showed time and time again. 

Report Post Tip

Singer, your problem comes from assuming I treat my thugs like dirt. I only give such treatment to those that have an ego bigger than their ranks "allows".

So a Don that is humble enough to realize that he carries a rank earned by the trust of another man will have no problem with me treating him like a newcomer fresh off the boat.

I'm not saying I will belittle him and humiliate him without a purpose. I'm saying I will not trust the guy as I trust any of the Dons that *I* promoted. I will treat him just as a newcomer but giving him the same chances to impress me and earn my trust that I give everyone.

To be honest, I highly doubt a Don would ever survive a war being in the losing side as those are usually the first ones to fall, but still, I get your point.

For me to trust a Don from the family I just took down, it would have to be a man who I know from way back, possibly from previous generations even. As a Don whose leader I just killed, I would expect him to hate my guts and try to take me out or at least one of my lower members. If he didn't, I would consider him too spineless to allow him to live anyway.

And I disagree that a Don joining the enemy is showing respect. Actually the show of respect is to keep fighting while being at peace with the fact that the death is imminent and unavoidable.

You end your comment saying "drop down his rank and let him work up for you" which is essentially what I was saying in the first place.

You seem to have an issue with the word "Thug"... Would it sound better if I said "Earner"? To be honest, and perhaps I'm being unfair, but from Wise Guy and below I don't really see much of a difference.

It takes so little effort to make it to Wise Guy that the difference is really irrelevant to me.

Report Post Tip

Brother my issue is none. I have no problem with what you do at all. I stand behind you one hundred percent. If you do not believe me say the word and i will die for you. I seem to have misunderstood you and i apologize. Brother remember though i mean no harm and I mean no disrespect. For why would i disrespect the man who has taken me in after all? Why would i intend to hurt the man who i was so happy to fight beside in the war with cryptic? But none the less my only problem was i was trying to get my Godfathers side and in so doing i have offended thee. I am sorry.

SINGER walks away quite disappointed in himself.

Report Post Tip

Sabotage listens to Singer

He's a godfather so he can pretty much treat people how he wants to treat them. 

We are not the people the question his actions. I don't have to much to say about this because its a bit pointless.

Sabotage just shrugs and wonders off to give CrazyNine some pointers about his prowess

Report Post Tip

The subject of loyalty often shows its face after bloodshed, it seems. Godfather CrazyNine has already emphasised that the death of a crew leader can happen through freak accidents and whatnot - and I would agree that individual family members should all re-locate to brother or sister crews in the same city. There is no point crying with your pistol shoved down your throat.

In other circumstances, such as those that involve war: I would say that if you have been trusted with the rank of Made Man; there should be no doubt in your mind that despite what may be a bleak outcome you should always do your utmost and fight 'til your last breath. Like I said, even if the odds are against you - you owe it to yourself, your leader and your city. 

Unfortunately, not everybody holds this view and this has become evident time after time. I am in no position to judge any city or crew leader for accepting surviving war members, that is their business. Although, what I can say wholeheartedly from my own perspective is that I would be ashamed to continue living.

"It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."

Report Post Tip

lbeing loyal is  the only way to be your loyality is to you family and to you citty and to you godmother or godfather. a blood oath.is to be hunored no matter what the cost.

Report Post Tip

Listening to the discussion, he gives another perspective.

A city is like a huge family. At least New York is, I can't speak as clearly for other cities. Each family in our city is united under our Godfather. If members of our city are left homeless due to a leader falling, the other families of the city would house the homeless and the rebuilding needed to recover from the loss would commence.

Each individual leader would have their own approach to the people they took in. Some may have worked along side each other for years in the same city and already be trusted by the leader now housing them. Some may not be known to their new leader and be asked to prove themselves again as CrazyNine suggested. Either way the collective would work together to secure and rebuild the community under our Godfather and move forward. There would be no argument and no questioning of the restrictions or conditions placed on them by their new leader.

As for members from other cities and outside families, those would only be taken on a case by case basis and ultimately would have to be approved by our Godfather before any relocation could be granted. Any such mobster that sought sanctuary would be expected to accept whatever conditions their new leader placed on them. Failure to accept terms would almost certainly buy them a bullet. Beggars can't be choosers after all.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Loyal Soilder
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL