Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:00:58
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Helping out our own - Assassin. Started by: Squishy on Oct 09, '16 01:23

I was contacted by one of our own players, Assassin who is in a bind and could use hand.  To help out, for every $1 donated, we can do 5 durdens scheduled to be spread out and launched on the next few weekends.  Any help that you can do would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

=============

Late last month into the first week of this month, I had initiated a move from Oklahoma to Texas.  Sometime around the last week of September, we went and looked at a 2 bedroom house in Texas. We did not judge the house too harshly because the Landlord was still working on it. The house wasnt exactly what we were looking for but it met the basic requirements... or so we thought.

We had the assurance of the Landlord that the house would be move in ready by October 1st. He also said that he would send pictures of the flooring and what not. He sent the pictures but they left out the important issues with the house.  We took him at his word and signed a 6 month lease.

As we were moving our stuff in we began noticing some very disturbing things that were wrong with the house.  As the number of issues grew, we stopped moving our stuff in and gave the house a very in depth look over.

As we looked over the house, we saw toxic black mold on the windows and inside the wood. The wood itself was rotted and falling apart at the foundation of the house and windows. The roof was caving in, in some places and water was leaking through the ceiling.  he didnt repair holes in the walls, and there flooring was extremely uneven, among other things.

We immediately booked it to the hotel we are staying in now and began trying to contact the Landlord, which was unsuccessful in several attempts over the course of the last 5 days. We also have multiple animals that are now suffering as well. We talked to Code Enforcement on Thursday and found out that the house was considered unlivable and should never have been rented out in the first place (basically the house was condemned). We then had to rent another moving truck and put all our stuff into storage and gas up the car multiple times traveling 100 miles back and forth from the hotel and 150 miles round trip back and forth from our original house in Oklahoma back to the hotel totaling over $1500 in gas alone, not to mention utility deposits that are going to take time to get refunded back.

However, as of now, we only have 1 night left in our hotel and no money. I am a Disabled Veteran on a fixed monthly income and wont get any money again until November 1st. in the time, If we cant raise this money we will spend the rest of the month, sleeping in our car.

I have created a Gofundme and would appreciate any help you guys can give me and my Fiance.

http://www.gofundme.com/2tdwxss

Report Post Tip
We look out for our own! Hope for the best for you.
Report Post Tip

I'm sorry for your situation. I really am. Sucks being tied for money.

Being a disabled veteran myself, I must say I'm pretty upset that someone has chosen to be a crew leader in an online game than go get a job. You cannot rely on your disabled benefits. It isn't a reliable source of income if you can work a job. I really hope my few comments make sense to you that I'm not giving you shit, but trying to teach you a lesson in hopes of providing for your family correctly. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Perhaps you can get all the information before you make such an ill informed  comment. 

Report Post Tip
What does him being a crew leader have to do with the outside world? Oh right, it's got fuck all to do with it. I've had theee jobs and been a cl, I've had no job and been a godfather. It's about how you manage your time. Don't judge him, it's his life.
Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Neo and Jax here. I've had two jobs, raised kids on my own, and been a crewleader/Godfather. It's possible. It's called time management. We don't make this place our career (at least most of us don't) it's something we do on our downtime. It's our escape from reality. Who are you to judge someone else the way you have MikhailKomarov? You don't know his full story, you only know a portion of it.

Report Post Tip

As Viisitoista as stated it's all time management. I have been a lead man in running a 47 man crew on cleaning up oil spills. Roughly 120hrs a week. That was during my DarthVader account. That entire account was via phone. Still manage to build a gun, and run a tight city with other Crewleaders.

Report Post Tip

Along with having time with my friends and Fiance at the time.

Report Post Tip

An ill informed comment? It was supposed to be advice to help motivate you in some shape or fashion. But I guess you're going to take it as an insult or personal. It wasn't meant to be anything else of the sort, like you may take it. It was supposed to help you realize this is a game. Why spend any time on on an online game when you're about to live in a car? You taking a position of responsibility in a game when you're asking for money from people in a forum sponsored by the owner, is kind of ironic. 

And to those of you talking about time management, sure. If you have the time to put into a game by all means do it. But when you come out and ask for free money that you're never going to pay back to people that feel sorry for you, you should at least inform those that you are working or trying at the least, instead of continuing your online career as a mafia crew leader.

Good luck Assassin. I really hope you get the help you need but you are the only person can change your situation.

Report Post Tip

An ill informed comment? It was supposed to be advice to help motivate you in some shape or fashion. But I guess you're going to take it as an insult or personal. It wasn't meant to be anything else of the sort, like you may take it. It was supposed to help you realize this is a game. Why spend any time on on an online game when you're about to live in a car? You taking a position of responsibility in a game when you're asking for money from people in a forum sponsored by the owner, is kind of ironic. 

First of all, its really none of your business. Your comment was very misinformed and you have no business judging me when (as previously said) you dont even know the full story.

Once again, not that its any of your business, but if I get caught working any job, I will lose all of my benefits. I am 100% perm and total.

You really have no flippin idea what the hell you are talking about. I suggest you quit while your ahead.

Report Post Tip

wow this is the first time ive seen someone tell a disabled veteran to basically go get a job and not ask for money, but to earn it.

disabled veterans in my book are the heroes we all need to be able to play this game of ours, if a disabled veteran has this as a vice to help him get by the day to day things he has been through who the fuck are you to tell him to not do it.

i guess this isnt what they mean by brotherhood of veterans one disabled veteran putting down another disabled veteran. if you dont find enough time in your own life to be able to lead a crew then dont do it but if Neo has enough time in his life to do it let him do it.

you got my support neo do what makes you happy fuck those who oppose

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $400,000 Tip

side note: i had a hard time figuring out if this was for Neo or -Assassin-

Report Post Tip

Its none of anyone's business but yet you seem to come out and ask for money?

You know ratings can change right? This year you may be 100% permanent and total like you say but you could lose it the following year. You can be bumped down to 90% pretty easily if the VA deemed it so. The VA isn't there to help people anymore. You need to learn that. I'm not going to argue or anything else. I am simply trying to point out that maybe you should be doing something. Maybe something under the table or anything else besides pretending to be a mafia crew leader online.

Report Post Tip

thats it tell him to do something under the table, its not like the government will catch him and totally revoke any benefits he has...oh wait they will

Report Post Tip
How could they catch Assassin when the government hasn't caught the twelve million people doing it right now for the past five years?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

so because 12 million other people are doing the wrong thing and being dishonest with the govt means I should?

i fail to see the logic in what you are suggesting here

Report Post Tip

I'm not suggesting you do that, I'm saying the chances of you being caught by the government for doing so is slim to none, considering we already have twelve million, according to estimate, people doing it, who are in the US illegally! What America nees to do is secure their borders, send the illegal immigrants back, bring home jobs, and most importantly, take care of the Veterans! 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Coldoldgold you've got off on a complete Donald Trump tangent there which makes no sense. This isn't about illegal immigrants. How you can even compare a Vet to an illegal immigrant and suggesting he wouldn't be caught and should risk his entire income for a few extra illegally obtained dollars is absolutely astounding.

MikhailKomarov, I quite frankly can't understand one Vet responding in such a manner to another. I'm actually really shocked. I get that your intentions aren't to put him down, but to encourage him, but you must surely know yourself that your suggesting he takes a huge risk at losing everything so that he can gain a little extra? Its preposterous to even suggest it and you of all people should know better if indeed you are in the same boat.

Report Post Tip
Not only would he risk losing his benefits if he took your suggestions I believe VA benefits fraud is a felony much like Medicaide which I work in everyday. The more fraud that happens and gets caught, the harder the government makes it for future veterans to get and keep the same benefits. So not only are you suggesting he commits fraud you're asking that he risks all future vets benefits as well. The process to get most benefits from the government is an excruciating process, if this is something I relied upon 100% to keep my family alive and healthy I wouldn't risk it at all. It's so much easier to get a job than it is to go through all the hoops and regulations the government has put in place to obtain and keep these benefits and it's so hard because so many before him have fraudenlenty received funds from these programs when they shouldn't have. This is also the reason why the punishment for these types of crimes is so extreme as well. I wish you all the best Neo.
Report Post Tip

MikhailKomarov, I quite frankly can't understand one Vet responding in such a manner to another. I'm actually really shocked. I get that your intentions aren't to put him down, but to encourage him, but you must surely know yourself that your suggesting he takes a huge risk at losing everything so that he can gain a little extra? Its preposterous to even suggest it and you of all people should know better if indeed you are in the same boat.

First off, the guy can still work. Just because someone is rated to 100% perm and total doesn't mean they cannot work. Do some research for yourself. 100% perm and total only means you've been rated at 100% and will not have any further evaluations. Thats it. And it can still be lowered if the VA decides to come back and review your rating. I work with 2 other vets. One is rated at 100% temp (meaning he's waiting to get a real rating) and the other is at 100% perm and total just like Neo. They are both working full time jobs making over 100k/year with pension and retirement. There is only one time someone cannot work based on their benefits. And since Neo has only said he's 100% perm and total, I highly doubt he cannot work. But thats on him.

The reason why I'm so head strung about this, is the fact that veterans have been weak lately. Begging for money, taking pity on themselves, when they are actually what the work force wants. Businesses get tax breaks on them when they hire vets. They typically out perform others. They qualify for jobs that non veterans cannot qualify for. I'm tired of the poor me, I cannot get a job bullshit. Neo, if you have a IU with the VA, I hope you know what that is because not once have you said it before. Then yes you cannot work. If you don't shame on you. 

On the plus side you have all these people 'standing up' for you. Shows they care about you. On the other hand, they're only holding you back on what you should be doing. You should be providing for your new family by working. You can provide for you family twice as much now if you worked. Wouldn't that be nice? And if you can't work, then you should realize as a veteran you are just like everybody else. People have hard times and struggle with money all the time. 

I've continued to say this, and I will here. I hope it works out Assassin. Please take my advice. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Helping out our own - Assassin.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL